[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

young boss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: yellowboss.jpg (70KB, 1300x864px) Image search: [Google]
yellowboss.jpg
70KB, 1300x864px
I just turned 19 and I found myself in a management position in a large chain supermarket, this particular store can easily make $80-100k+ a day. Shortly past noon I'm in charge of ALL of it until I leave.

This usually isn't ever a problem, but how do I earn the respect of senior employees and other side of the coin, how do I still be a 'cool boss' to higher schoolers my age without being a pushover or a generic mr. manager?
>>
>>18649547
Hey I work in a grocery store and we have a young cool boss too.

He's great because he's chill, easy to talk to, cares about his employees, but is also an effective manager and makes things run smoothly. I think the trick is to take your job seriously enough, but not too seriously. Don't be petty and be able to take suggestions from people under you and you're already in the top 1% of retail management. Some old people will just never respect a young manager. Fuck em. What they *will* respect is a competent and supportive leader, regardless of your age, so just focus on that, and don't take things personally. Respect often finds its way to those who deserve it.
>>
>>18649547
Just don't be a fag
>>
I'm in a similar situation, I've learned to just not give a fuck about wether or not they like me. Instead I focus on doing my job and running the store. I find its tougher with the ones I've started friendships with over 2 years but again if they don't respect me enough to not slack around while I'm managing then who needs them or cares?
As a female with 99% female coworkers and the ones my age (early 20s) loving to gossip, I've learnt to shrug my shoulders and move on. I get paid more and give them all the shit tasks if I really want too plus I'm getting my shit together and forming an independent life while they still rely on their parents to get to and from work.
>>
Oh and also
>earn respect of senior coworkers
>still be a cool boss with the highschoolers

No such thing. Do your job and do it properly and the seniors with love that, and for the younger ones, help out as much as you can but dont do their jobs for them.
If the seniors just see you only slack off with the young group (which is the only way you'd be a totally "rad" boss) they will not respect you
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.