[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the anguish to be in a relationship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I have observed 4chan for an unspecified amount of time and there is definitely an obsession with being in a relationship. Whenever someone describes themselves they always state
>have/don't a significant other (Usually a girlfriend)
There are plenty of post which describe people who really don't even qualify to be a close friend. The details keep getting more pathetic and it actually makes Me uncomfortable to know that some of these individuals are in a relationship, like how? In conclusion, i would suggest that people focus on more beneficial things like education or career training. Please feel free to comment and start a conversation. I anxiously await your response.
>>
>>18649196
I think its because people don't know what a relationships like.
Once I got a relationship the feeling changed. It wasn't something I "needed", it was just something different that could be good.

I was happy single after that relationship ended because I realised that I legitimately just had to wait until I found someone I could mesh well with instead of forcing it.

Really its harmless and formulative, its the weird clingy folk who just can't be alone that are troublesome.
>>
>>18649218
Thank You For Your Response
>>
The world sells this obsession... Every hero has a lady, every lady finds her white knight... stuff thrown in massive amounts to young people.

It's also relevant in a behavioural analisys... Our minds evolved so fast in the last 500 years, while our bodies can't keep up.
We still have some body responses similar to animals, and that includes our brain and hormones. What I'm saying is that the cave man that held a woman would have more chances to survive and thrive, while the 'beta' male would never mate, and run high risk of death. This leads us to associate having a girlfriend to surviving and thriving.

It's not just that, I'm adding on.
>>
>>18649196
Call me old-fashioned, but I'd rather not go through the motions of the dating scene (ew yuck) and rather wait for 'that one special person' with whom to share a relationship (ideally long-term). ATM I'm happy enough with a few close friends.
>>
>>18649271
>>18649283
Thank You Greatly For Responses. I Await Your Follow-Up
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.