[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have my feelings or emotions eroded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: collapsing.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
collapsing.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
I believe my emotions or feelings have corroded or worn away. I just can't fathom intimacy anymore. Like I physically CANNOT imagine a woman liking me for me and wanting to be around me. I can't imagine being married or even having a girlfriend.

Its such a strange feeling when you can't imagine it anymore. I use to be able to imagine it but now I feel like shit. I am 27 now and I don't have those close relationships. Its just been me for so long. What else can I even do?

I have been on my own for so long relationship wise that I can't even imagine being in one. People take their early teenage relationships for granted. Now I am all fucked up.

Just how important is having close intimate relationships to being human?
>>
>>18648806
Wow, are you me? I'm your 24 yo version kek.

I think it must be important but I've been alone for so long I dont know anymore, maybe we are just kinda defective but in a good way? Like, we don't really need it as much.
It's ok, I don't even want to live past my 70s

Just be strong and if you want friends try to make friends with your same interests, it sucks my interests are all alone-related fucking hell I'd say but meh, life is good anyway and the sun shines all the same
>>
>>18648806
Right there with you. I'm 25 and I guess it's still not too late for us?
>>
>>18648806
>Just how important is having close intimate relationships to being human?
I would say a lot.
By not having the opportunity to exercise empathy and compassion you are pretty much guaranteed to become non human.

>dehumanization
>the process of depriving a person of positive human qualities.

>humanity
>the quality of being humane; benevolence.

>humane
>having or showing compassion or benevolence.
>>
>>18648818

How do I stop it? I feel like I wouldn't even know what to do in a relationship. What do women want from me if anything? Like in my head, I imagine relationships as not a luxury which means people always ALWAYS want something out of them.

I am intensely bothered by not understanding though. The only things that really eat at me in this world is not being able to understand something and being inept at stuff that I feel I should innately know or have instincts about.

We as humans are not born with any intrinsic relationship instincts? At least not anymore it seems. I feel like I would have to read a book or something just to try and figure out how I would make a relationship work. Like I am such a solitary person, what do people in relationships even do?

My other fear is getting into a relationship and the woman getting bored. If I ever get to that point.
>>
>>18648840
>What do women want from me if anything?
Women don't want anything from you otherwise you would have been in a relationship by now.
> what do people in relationships even do?
They do things in a way that requires more than 1 person to do.
If you are old as you say you are then you have to consider accepting who you are (a non human) and move on with your life.
If you don't you will be crippled from functioning even more than now which is surely even worse.
>>
>>18650082
This is kinda brutal for advice don't you think?

Also, none of this was by choice. I never actively shunned women. Women have done a number on me though which I don't mind but it's not like I am turning down 30 women a day.
>>
>>18650090
Lord Garithos would behead you for what you are.
Anyway, responsibility for your romantic/social life was yours all along, you just didnt have anyone to tell you that I suppose.
You can give up control over your life, but you are always 100% responsible for it.
In almost every situation you have 3 options: Shape the situation in accordance to your liking, shape yourself in accordance with the situation or walk the fuck away and move on.
So dont shift the blame(Looking backwards and on others) on women, but acknowledge your responsibility(Look forwards and to yourself) think of what you can do yourself so you dont become an inhuman.
Or just accept what you are and move on to other things.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.