[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being too cynical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1488783563496.png (651KB, 1000x1413px) Image search: [Google]
1488783563496.png
651KB, 1000x1413px
Not sure if I am too cynical.
I grew up to a divorced family. Yeah I was raised by my mom but my dad was still around to help. Despite him being a constant drunk/ smoker. Grew up with my mom working hard to get 2 MS degrees and living a pretty okay life. Not rich but we were never dirt poor. I learned that no one could put me down than me, and to always work hard, try my best, dont do drugs,etc.
I went to hs with some pretty nerdy kids, we all graduated and at the time I thought they were some of the smartest/strongest kids I knew. Overtime I started to realize that one bad day could literally shift their character/morality. From being cheated on to getting an STD they continuously started to do drugs like smoking weed, ecstasy, etc. At first , I would notice it slowly with different people but then I saw how non-nonchalant people were. Some of them watched as their friends beat up a homeless man(which I intervened to stop), their lack of actions caused the man to die the next day by the same attackers. But no sympathy would be shown.
From things like the story above to cheating, lying,stealing,drugs,etc. They would constantly do things that would be immoral. Then smile the next day and pretend they were innocent. I kept calling things out and eventually I lost a lot of friends. It took time but I recovered 3x from it but it just amazes me when I check these peoples facebooks 3-4 years later and they are out doing drugs,raving,etc.

Yeah I am not perfect,I could always improve but I know that and each day I try to improve myself .

Maybe I am too cynical? Maybe I am being too harsh on people for expecting the same standards, maybe I am right for having a standard of who is around me?
>>
>>18648457
Nah, your friends are not good people. Stand by your beliefs and you're good.
>>
>>18648457
And why are you trying to be with them? Get real friends, no, you are not cynical but you are neither a victim so stop trying to make yourself responsible for people who aren't worth it and build friends who are good for yourself.
Be kind but above all be kind to you
Always white like a dove but smart like a snek
>>
>>18648457

Trust yourself and be moral, there are good people who will have your back, and you can die in peace when the time comes
>>
>>18648457
Its good to sometimes leave those that do harm to what you believe them. If you can't influence them to be like you then you either have to change or leave. You chose to stay with your beliefs and values, which is something that you have to say to yourself that is good.

Also, it maybe good to analyze in which environment your friends or what not grew up in. Why did they change? Is that bad day something that turned their world upside down? Because in a way I can relate, but at the same time I have my own values to follow.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.