[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to forgive and move on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Mona Lisa.gif (875KB, 400x571px) Image search: [Google]
Mona Lisa.gif
875KB, 400x571px
I am unable to forgive those who have betrayed me despite the fact these events have transpired so long ago.
I was cheated on by a girlfriend a year ago, and I was betrayed and made to look like a fool two years ago by a close friend, and I can't seem to let the anger go.
I want to forgive and move on but I can't, my hatred for these people burns as strong as the day they decided to betray my trust.

I keep reassuring myself it doesn't matter anymore, that it is the past, and it is like drinking poison, but the thoughts continue.
I've even prayed to god to make the thoughts go to no avail ..

I am stuck in a loop of believing they need to be punished, even by means of torture.
I don't want these thoughts anymore, I want to be at peace.

I am aware these people could give two shits about me and I wish daily I can be just as indifferent.

If it helps I have been diagnosed with:
>Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
>Bipolar II

How do I forgive and move on with my life? I can't escape these thoughts, they are with me from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed,
even when I am preoccupied.

Serious responses only please, and from those who have experienced the same.
>>
I don't think you should put to much value in diagnoses, but that's just because I personally never saw any benefit. It doesn't change who you are just because a current set of perceived character traits matches to symptoms. People change, which is the main thing I want to tell you.

I've had my deal of betrayal from almost everyone I once held dear. I don't give them any attention, they're out of my life, I'm out of theirs. Maybe I'm weak for taking such drastic measures, and not being able to see through how they mistreated me in the past. Though the only mistake was allowing them near me, and I learn from mistakes. It wasn't me who asked for them to hurt me. And though I am still shaken sometimes, with disgust and pain, I have every comfort knowing I will not deal with them again and am fully capable of building my own fortune, and proving my worth. Don't let anyone define you anon. You're worth more. Others see this. And they will respect you if you treat yourself with the respect that you want from others. If people don't respect you, and you let them, you don't respect yourself. So, don't hurt yourself by letting others hurt you.

And change that comes is also letting go of negativity. It will go naturally when you're busy living your life. I'm too busy to be ashamed of the past. Start wondering what you need to make your life better. I think you need that.
>>
>>18647764
To be more specific: your troubling thoughts are part of the process of letting go. In my dream I've beaten people to death, and still have those type of visions, of drawing blood from those who hurt me and my dignity.

It helped me heal, in some inexplicable way, and process what I've been through. Hatred is normal. It's just a human emotion. And if people now call me a psychopath, they have no idea what they're talking about, and have no way of knowing.

These negative images and thoughts will reduce over time since it's part of the process of accepting. Be angry now anon, so that you don't have to be later. Nobody will be angry for you.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.