[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My woefully lacking social awareness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: WJFzrOG.png (699KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
WJFzrOG.png
699KB, 1920x1200px
Yesterday a friend I was talking to opened up to me and told me how much she likes me, how sweet I am etc. I really wasn't sure what to say so I responded with "oh ok" . Her responses kinda indicated to me she was hurt and super upset. I've known I'm an idiot when it comes to social awareness. I feel like I need to learn to notice social queues. I'm soo lost with people my age.
>>
What? Is the that ugly?
>>
>>18647678
Some people aren't used to hearing compliments, especially well worded long ones. Doesn't matter if the person giving them was ugly or not.
>>
If she is already your friend, and she likes you, is there a good reason to NOT date her?

If your goal is marriage, then you're looking for someone to be a life-long friend.

Decide what you want, and tell her; make a decision. You'll have to apologize for being tongue-tied (just tell her the truth, in-person if possible), but it will most likely be OK if you apologize today (that is, ASAP). She wants you to like her, too - and if you do, that is more important than any hurt you may have caused initially. If not, then I would still tell her why her friendship is important to you.

Socially, I've found it helps to realize other people are much like me: if I spend about 30 minutes trying to put myself in someone else's position, considering all the possibilities (including what they don't know), I can often come to see things from their point of view. It really helps when trying to respond helpfully to other people.

I hope that was helpful
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.