[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: quico-puesmedoy.jpg (13KB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
quico-puesmedoy.jpg
13KB, 300x223px
So I've heard that many graduating students have immense debt and it's going to take them years or even won't be able to pay their whole debt. Do you think is worth it working full time, then taking a class or two in your career choice and graduate in 10 years without any debt?
>>
>>18647199
The people who have immense debts are the idiots who go to private universities without scholarships.

I don't know which state you live in but in Florida I can go to community college for the first 2 years for $0 out of pocket because of the pell grant, and then transfer to a highly ranked state university for the next 2 years of my major for $26,000. $10,000 of that would continue to be covered by the pell grant leaving $16,000 to deal with via scholarships and grants and as a last resort, loans.

The people with immense debt are idiots who do their entire 4 years at a university without any scholarships or grants. They're the kind of people who go to places like
https://daytonabeach.erau.edu/admissions/estimated-costs/
where they spend $200,000 for their degree.
>>
I believe loans should be a last resort. That said, you should consider the timeline of where you want to be in the future. Taking one or two classes a semester for 10 years will be ridiculously expensive in the long run, and although you won't be in debt by the time you graduate, it will still take you 10+ years to get a good job in the career you're working for.

If the career you want is lucrative enough, paying off your loans each month won't be a problem at all. And if it works out, you'll be in that career way sooner than 10+ years.

You're basically either paying for it now and reaping the benefits way later, or pay for it way later (plus interest) and reap the benefits sooner
>>
>>18647210
I'm a student in europe. I live by myself and my parents are too poor to help out. So I also work as an working student where I earn 560 Euro per month, which is way too less to live (rent, food etc). So I also applied for an credit ( 600 Euro per month) which will make up to 30.000 Euro in 4 years to pay back. You are an ignorant asshole.
>>
>>18647330
sorry but my advice doesn't apply to europoors, just american ones. You should have decided to work more hours instead of taking out a line of credit though.
>>
>>18647330
Which part of Europe? I have a friend who in Austria who lives on 500Eur per month no problem while in school.
>>
Guys Guys, I asked the question pertaining to an American sorry for not being specific.
>>
Also Idk how to reply to a specific comment, kinda new to the community.
>>
>>18647210
>>18647330

AY LMAO I FIGURED IT OUT
>>
>>18647345
Students are only allowed to work 15 hours per week.
>>
>>18647355
Maybe he doesn't have to pay for rent, water, electricity, health and pension insurance, which in all makes up to 500 euro per month. I pay 350 euro for rent and thats the cheapest you can get here. I live in germany btw.
>>
>>18647211
Also OP should note that degree programs change pretty rapidly. Like my degree has added, taken away, merged, and changed classes every year since I started here. Since I'm a full time student, I get grandfathered in. If I weren't, classes I've already taken would be obsolete and no longer count towards my major, and there would be a never ending list of new classes I'd have to take in their place.
If you're just an in and out student, you might not get that protection. Meaning spreading it out over 10 years is futile because they'll just keep changing the requirements on you.
>>
>>18647388
What are you talking about OP?
>>
>>18647496
Mmm nope he pays $290 in rent and he lives with 2 roommates and it covers utilities such as electricity and water.
>>
>>18647480
that's strange that they can control that, over here in burger land we don't have any limits for how many hours students are allowed to work.
>>
>>18647531
Yes they do. Serious companies at least. I ve also worked up 25 hours per week at night shifts. But that affects the studying way to much.
>>
>>18647510
How to reply to specific comments.
>>
>>18647565
Kek. You missed the topic of your own thread.
>>
>>18647565
I'm reading all the comments. Although I do feel sorry for the European, I only care about the American system atm.
>>
>>18647565
>And now figure out how to greentext
Welcome to 4chan btw, you must be in a sad period of your life
>>
>>18647581
>greentext
Oh yeah, I find it sad. But it's also hilarious how the system works. IMO
>>
>>18647580
Thats ok. It's the american way of thinking to just care about themselves. America first, right?
>>
>>18647587
It may sound hypocritical, but I believe in Humanity first. It's just that I need information to make my life a little easier.
>>
>>18647593
What do you want to study. It really depends on that how much free time is left to work. But I can assure you, that you can't work full time and study succesfully. Not in 10 years and also not in 20 years. Do the depts and pay them later in relative big rates, due to how much you will earn.
>>
Get a scolarship
>>
>>18647616
Ok so Let me Explain my situation. I finished my associates in business, economics, and accounting, which is a bundle; It took me four years to finish it. I am currently 22, with no job experience. I need two more full-time years to finish my accounting degree. But I need money.
>>
>>18647641
Well it's a good thing you're here then because I'm going to tell you right now that job experience is superior to your degree. If you graduate with only a degree and no job experience then it's going to be really hard to find a job.
>>
>>18647654
Well since I need a job then I would not mind working as an assistant to an accountant. I much rather appreciate more the experience since I would be doing real accounting.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.