[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

self harm/cutting and relationships/dating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Im wondering what dating is like with self harm scars. does it make a big difference, and do people care? is there a difference between how guys react vs girls?
>>
psycho bitch leave while i still can
>>
Not op but bump. What about an obvious suicide attempt on a mans wrist?
>>
It's a bad sign but it's not like people can't recover from mental instability. As long as they're not recent I don't think it should be a big deal.
>>
Life is a case of survival of the fittest. a woman will biologically stay away from a man with bad traits such as depression or self harm. as a tendency to depression can be hereditary.
>>
As anything else related to people, it depends on an individual. I, for example, would question it and take it as a sign of being moderately retarded.
>>
>>18647169
that's kinda the problem isn't it, it's 50/50 on freaking someone out
>>
>>18647173
If it freaks someone out and they label you as retarded then that is an easy to spot sign that that person has no business being in your life because they are either incapable or unwilling to deal with or listen to your shit

Like another anon said, individuals will react differently. You may be judged, but then again people judge people for trivial shit all the time. Someone more sensitive to your situation may come along, but in the mean time, I hope you solve your problems and find a way to stop hurting yourself. Seriously stop that shit.
>>
>>18647078
>self harm scars
I have those
>>18647097
>obvious suicide attempt on a mans wrist?
Boyfriend has this. Not on his wrist, down his whole arm. (I don't know if that's what you mean. But straight down your arm is the more "obvious" suicide attempt. I think wrist could be seen as just self harm still.)

I actually didn't notice until he told me. Not sure if I wasn't looking or it just didn't stand out as much since it was older. My advice would be find someone who's been through similar and came out okay (or they have some sort of experience with it, someone in their family maybe). Other people have a harder time understanding and may be more afraid of you continuing.

Self harm is often a way to control the pain you're feeling. It made sense to me by myself. But if someone wants a relationship with you, they want to care for you and protect you. How do they protect you from yourself? How do they properly care for you when you're the one causing your pain? So if you have scars, at least make sure you've stopped hurting yourself.
>>
>>18647078
most people self harm as a meme
they don't understand you can make inconspicuous cuts
instead they go for the sliced ham method and just ruin their skin
i have several self harm scars I can explain as natural causes, for example by cutting vertically it will be much easier to say a cat did it. by burning at random places you could much easier say it's a birthmark. I've never had to explain my scars because they look natural, they don't stand out. I would never want anyone to know I do it/done it.

TLDR: Don't do it for attention, do it for the pain.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.