[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No progress in life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: xfk1vYW.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xfk1vYW.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
Hello /adv/ this is the second time I'm posting here ever, hoping to get legitimate life advice.

My life is a complete mess and not in the sense you'd usually hear. I live with my parents who are by the way amazing people and small brother and sister. My parents have good income and I live in really good conditions and have basically everything I need.

But. I have no direction in life. Everything I was ever interested in, I dropped because it got boring. I even lost interest in my only hobby which was vidya. I either get bored or have fun but because I'm such a compettiive retard I get mad real fast if I lose once, even if I'm generally a good player.

I'm telling my parents that I'm going to take a test that will determine wether I could study the profession I """want""" but secretely I know I'll fail because I can't even study the boring shit I am forced to for this test. I know it is time for me to progress and find my so called profession or goal in life but I have none. My father always told me to study and do what I want but there is no such thing. Every single subject in every univesity that I have searched so far doesn't speak to me, at all. I don't want anything specific either. It is time for me to move on especially since I'm 22 already and 3 of those years were stolen by the government due to mandatory military service.

So /adv/ I'm coming to you today in hopes of an advice to how I can find what I'm looking for. Most people have the dream to get rich, live life the best way and do what they enjoy for the rest of their lives but even if I get rich I won't be enjoying anything anyway, I think.

All advice and criticism welcome.
>>
>>18646906
If you can you could job around a little. Being a waiter, working in retail, working in construction, in delivery service, gardening. Just in order to see some fields of work. If uni bores you out of your mind before you even attended I wouldn't go there.
>>
>>18646996
I've been in security before, not my thing. Currently I'm a temporary worker at some office, it bores me as well. It looks like no matter where I go I only find a dead end.
>>
>>18646906
That's a bummer. Before I landed where I am now I did several jobs, some of them I didn't like. Some of them I could find things I was neutral towards and moved into that direction.

Now I do feel job statisfaction, on a decent job.

You have to create the opportunities though. I am a social worker and didnt like my lack of technical insight, so i joined the firefighters and cranked it up.
You make the decicion, it's on your own willpower / third party pressure to continue.

For me: I create situations where pressure gets applied to me, so I feel motivated to do something.
And even if I fail to 'just set goals' in my life. I succeed more and more in getting a view of where this is going.
>>
>>18647037
That is interesting. I try to create the opportunities myself, by reading and learning more of what interests me, but I always lose interest. In high school I learned psychology as a hobby, I still have many books on the subject on my shelf in front of me. I dropped that. After military I started getting into astronomy, dropped that as well after a long while.

It looks like I can't dedicate myself to something that gets boring after a while, which makes me think I won't be able to dedicate myself to anything ever since everything in our life gets boring after it has been repeated. Or that I won't be able to find a field that does interest me. I can keep going and learning about this and that but it feels like I'm going the wrong direction and not really going to find what I am looking for.
>>
>>18647077
Dedication is hard, even if you are very motivated to do something.

Can't really help you futher than this mate. Only here to say that I felt the feelings, did things that didnt interest me untill it became part of who I am, then I got to the point of self respect and self worth and then came a partner I see a possible life with.

Things took some time with me. Just don't let societies expactions be a weapon you slam yourself with.
>>
>>18647077
Also an important one for me:
- if I do something solely for myself I find it hard to press on and find the interest or energy to do it.
- In a job you get the luxury of doing stuff for others for money. A great deal if you are like me. I wouldnt want to run my own company in years.
-Hence the social work, i get payed to do things for other people. Boss + costumers depend on me, so I feel motivation to do the job. It works for me.
>>
>>18647128
>>18647165
Thanks for the insight, I like reading different views on life. It might not help me directly, but it can change the direction I'm looking at.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.