[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan infos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: artemis_fowl.jpg (19KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
artemis_fowl.jpg
19KB, 480x480px
How does information work in 4chan? How can you make trolls stand out when they ignore reason and just try to act smug?
>>
You lobby to have 4chan and anonymous message boards permanently shut down.

The founding concept of 4chan makes what you're describing virtually impossible without pulling the plug completely.

The internet and open access to "information" for the masses was a terrible and deadly mistake. This shit needs to stop.
>>
>>18646716
fair enough.. so just keep to researching, and ignoring retards then:)...
>>
>>18646759
If what you mean by "research" is make sweeping assumptions based off of nothing then yeah knock yourself out
>>
File: 1494977137105.jpg (14KB, 525x105px) Image search: [Google]
1494977137105.jpg
14KB, 525x105px
>>18646716
If open access to information wasn't a thing you would just be fed information and never allowed to question it, only allowed to know what the government wants you too. Being able to talk about things that you normally can't in real life is necessary. You're a retard.
>>18646711
You get used to the way people talk and eventually can just know who is just trolling. Basically just lurk moar, also pic related.
>>
>>18646874
There was a reason every society before our modern western sodom and gomohrra bullshit put a restriction on which classes could read and write.

Open access to information has allowed literally ANYONE to write ANYTHING on the internet, publish it, and some butthurt muslim youth from a broken home in a ghetto in France will take any rhetoric he found on twitter as fact and act on it. The result, well, take a look at the news.

Unrestricted anonymous forums like 4chan should not be allowed to exist, period. There needs to be control.

Grow up and stop being an idealist.
>>
>>18646893
One thing browsing 4chan has done for me was help me distinguish real information from trolling. I use what I've learned to question information in books, videos and articles, certain boards like /sci/ /pol/ and /lit/ will actually laugh at you for posting information with no legitimate sources. Rather then tearing down forums like 4chan altogether it's better to teach people to decide for themselves why a source is trusted or not.
>>
>>18646893
If someone acts out in real life over something they saw on the internet that only reflects on who they already were as a person
>>
>>18646917
>4chan works for me, it'll work for the millions of people on the internet at any given hour
Kek

>cites pol as legitimate
Kek

>Rather then tearing down forums like 4chan altogether it's better to teach people to decide for themselves why a source is trusted or not.

This is a nice idea. Teaching grown Syrian men to not grope european women is also a nice idea. As is eradicating world hunger, poverty, murder, and bringing peace to the middle east. Also a nice idea.
>>
>>18646711
>How can you make trolls stand out when they ignore reason and just try to act smug?
Whern you've been here more than a month it becomes incredibly easy to spot it, just ignore and move on, maybe blame newfags and retards for enabling it
>>
>>18646927
I personally do not believe peace on Earth is possible. But yes those are problems. The internet is helping find these people responsible if anything. Blame the government not the internet.
>>
>>18646926
>If someone acts out in real life over something they saw on the internet that only reflects on who they already were as a person

Certain people are more susceptible to rhetoric and misinformation than others sure, but everybody can be manipulated by words and imagery to a certain degree. The advertising industry wouldn't invest billions into manipulating minds if this wasn't the case.

Allowing unrestricted access to whatever some random fucker neckbeard/jihadist writes on Twitter in the name of internet freedoms and open access is incredibly naive and irresponsible.
>>
>Certain people are more susceptible to rhetoric and misinformation than others sure, but everybody can be manipulated by words and imagery to a certain degree. The advertising industry wouldn't invest billions into manipulating minds if this wasn't the case.
I agree.
>Allowing unrestricted access to whatever some random fucker neckbeard/jihadist writes on Twitter in the name of internet freedoms and open access is incredibly naive and irresponsible.
What does this have to do with shutting down 4chan? At this point you can't take away the internet or sensor it because people will fight back. The time at&t blocked access to 4chan they got doxxed until they unblocked it. Taking down 4chan everyone will move to the alternate Chan's. The jihadists getting triggered over dumb shit can't be helped because that's on them.
>>18646938
>>
>>18646893
>There was a reason every society before our modern western sodom and gomohrra bullshit put a restriction on which classes could read and write.
And when was that exactly?
>>
>>18646951
>At this point you can't take away the internet or sensor it because people will fight back.

You've got to crack a few eggs to make an omelette.
>>
File: chinese_fat_guy_clap.gif (2MB, 219x186px) Image search: [Google]
chinese_fat_guy_clap.gif
2MB, 219x186px
>>18646965
Move to North Korea then, why change society just because it makes you cry at night.
>>
Get a haircut and take a shower. And be confident. This will solve itself then.
>>
>>18646963
Indian caste system. Catholic church pre-printing press. Slaves so they couldn't read what was going on and cause a bloody revolt.

In some form access to information has always been restricted either by force (banning people from learning to read) or by the very nature of reproducing information (poor fuckers in medieval times don't have the time and resources to re-write the bible over and over again, but monks did)

Even before the internets if you wanted your message to be heard you actually had to hustle to spread your information (write a book, get it published, go through hoops to get access to some media channel), which would filter out anything against the greater society's interests.

Today we're at the other end of the extreme where it's the fucking wild wild west I can shitpost a picture of a white woman sucking off a black man on pretty much any board here and someone somewhere is going to get triggered and do something stupid in the Real World.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.