[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First speeding offense since I started driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0001.gif (949KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.gif
949KB, 500x282px
Now let me preface this by saying, I'm not sure if this needed it's own thread, but I wanted to talk about it, not just get it off my chest.

And let me add backstory by saying most of my miles are acquired by driving to and from my boyfriend's house. We live 30 miles from each other which equates to a decent 45 to 60 minute drive. Me AND him drive A LOT!

Sunday and Monday are my days off, so by Monday night I am driving home from his house, because I have work in the morning. And usually I'm tired, since I wake up early even on days off just so I can get everything done. Yes I drink stuff with caffeine while driving at night to help.

I came to a complete stop at a stoplight, at the bottom of the crests of two steep hills. It was a 35 mph zone. Shortly after it will become a 45mph zone. I remember the blinding light of the vehicle behind me, and then the flashing officer lights. That's all I remember. He said I was going 52 in a 35mph zone. I think I was preparing to go uphill and begin the 45mph zone. I honestly wasn't aware of my speed: often while driving I go into autopilot mode.

I don't drink, I don't drink and drive, I don't do any drugs, i don't fiddle with my phone while driving, I don't even listen to music while I drive. I listen to the car and watch the road. And think. And I zone out sometimes, especially when tired. I'm just a normal person just trying to get home.

I did everything right that drive, but the second I didn't, they caught me. The terrain wasnt to my advantage. It was dark and rainy. I only wanted to go home and sleep. Been driving down that road for years, usually I observe the speed limit going downhill as well as uphill, but this time I wasn't thinking I guess...

What can I do besides become more terrified of cops, avoid that stretch of the road, or go horrendously under the speed limit just to appease them? Cuz it's not gonna stop me from thinking while I drive
>>
first off, what evidence is there? dos he have a picture of your car on their camera with the license plates showing and the measured speed next to it? If there is no evidence, doubt that what he said is right if you think you didn't drive that fast.

How much do you have to pay, what are the consequences? if its just money, well there is no problem with that at all, everybody has to pay at some point in their life.

you also shouldnt fear the police, it doesnt happen very often, that the police stops you because of something like this the next time around. Hell I drive since ten years and have only been stopped by police once.
>>
>>18646604
Just
Stop
SPEEDING.

/thread
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (74KB, 540x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
74KB, 540x445px
>>18646609
You're right. He didn't provide evidence but he used a tracker for a few seconds before he deemed it necessary to pull me over. I really don't think I accelerated from 0 to 52 within 2 seconds...

Yes I'm just gonna pay the $139 and be done with it. But now that you said it, even as tired as I was, I wasn't swaying and I wasn't going into any other lanes. My eyelids didn't feel like lead either. If I accelerated that fast, it wasn't within 2 seconds.

>don't fear the police
I got pulled over recently a few Monday nights ago along the stretch of road that comes directly after because I was swaying a little bit with tiredness. I didn't get cited, I think he just wanted me to get home safely. They're being aggressive about that stretch of road.

>>18646612
I drive a car that is extremely sensitive to the touch. It's painfully easy and frustrating going over the speed limit. It's like I don't even have to press the accelerator: it seems to accelerate if I simply think about making it so. That's how sensitive my pedals are. Any frequent drivers can relate to this feeling? I ALWAYS keep checking my speed every few seconds and adjust accordingly. It's not like I have a lead foot
>>
>>18646635
Sweetie, you're making shitty excuses. Your car isn't that sensitive or powerful. Even if it is, you should be used to it by now. If you can't fucking manage to drive without maintaining the correct speed, you're a shit driver. That's one of the most basic skills you learn. Just stop being an asshole, stop making excuses, and keep it within 10 mph of the speed limit.
>>
The only nice thing about this: he made it say on paper that I was only going 40 in a 35mph zone, so it wouldn't go against my record, and so the fine wouldn't be as expensive.

But this is seriously why I severely limit distractions while driving. I LISTEN to the vehicle, I FEEL the contours of the road, I WATCH where I'm going (and my speed). I do all that so I be safe. Does anyone else do this?
>>
>>18646604
Honestly it's not that big of a deal if you want to dispute it in Court you can dispute it anymore and just watch out for that one specific stretch of road that's all
>>
>>18646704
Not gonna dispute. On that stretch of road I'll just be very careful

Thank you to everyone that replied
>>
Tfw live in holland
Speed all the time
Get fined three times a year or so
Money saved by time saved through speeding more than covers the tickets. (Job requires me to drive, the more KM I make the more I effectively get paid).

Lamo, Murcia, land of the free.
>>
>>18646604
>What can I do besides become more terrified of cops
why would this make you terrified of cops? you broke the law and you got caught and punished, big surprise.
>>
>>18646844
Sounds like cops are being assholes and using that road as speed trap. Happens too often by me. Just do what you said and be careful on that road, if it happens again ask for evidence that you were speeding, the cop will blow you shit but that's what they do don't be afraid of them, it's your right to ask and know.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.