[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I man up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 2312030923.jpg (44KB, 736x587px) Image search: [Google]
2312030923.jpg
44KB, 736x587px
I think I might need to tell my friend who talked to me that he needs to stand up for himself.

He has this girl he's been dating. They're both in their 20's. He told me until recently, that his girlfriend had just informed her parents about him. He told me before it happened and said her parents were just a little conservative, which is fine.

He then proceeds to tell me that after meeting them which went fine, her parents performed a criminal background check on him, which pulled up two past traffic tickets. The parents then made him prove to them that he paid off his fines and completed his traffic classes.

I thought this was could not have been worse.

He then tells me that her parents have then informed him and his girlfriend that from time to time, they may hire a private investigator to see what his real life is all about. He told me they're rich and they have the means to do this easily.

This is literally the craziest thing I've ever heard in my life. I know love is love and whatever, but when is it enough for me to interject and tell him he needs to stand up for himself, and if it doesn't work out, then move on? Or should I not say anything and let him deal with it?
>>
To add, these tickets were from many years ago.

I also forgot to say, they were wanting to look through his social media, his friends, and family, and possibly ask his associates what they think about him.

Who the living fuck thinks this way and does this shit?
>>
>>18646551
I don't believe you, but for the purpose of this board let's assume you are telling the truth. It appears that regardless of the parents bad behavior go a girlfriend seems fine. The most mature way he could approach it is to voice his concerns to his girlfriend for her to address the issue with her parents. Your job as his friend is to offer advice over what you think is right, but ultimately support whatever path he chooses, it's his life, if he wants to deal with relationship drama let him. Good or bad it's a learning experience about what his acceptable boundaries are in a relationship.
>>
>>18646560

The story is 100% true. I've known the guy for almost 15 years and he hasn't told me a single lie. It sounds unbelievable to me too.

Of course I will support whatever he does. I think I just need to let him know that it sounds fucking crazy to me.

The girl is great and fine, which SUCKS for this situation. I think your advice is actually spot on. I don't know how anyone can take that shit, and I'm certain he can't for long.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.