[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"best friend"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I need some .adv/ice
My "best friend" is a loser. He does nothing but whines about his ex and his mental issues. I want to help him as much as I can but I can't get through to him no matter how hard I try.

Lately, he's been getting worse, he's trying to find EVERY excuse he can to not go see his psychologist or a therapist, then comes up with a reason as to why he can't goto the gym. He gets in these depressed ass moods and lets himself ride out his anxiety instead of fixing them.

When he gets upset or doesn't get his way, he acts like a 12-year-old and rages and threatens me he's going to blackmail me if I call him a child or anything like it. Almost every other day it's like this and he's just letting his anger get to him and letting all these moods fluctuate like they are with no repercussions. He acts like it's ok to act like this.

>him
>I don't know how to talk like an adult when I'm upset so instead, i blow up at you and call you names
>when I don't get my way and neither party does, I post memes over and over.
>I don't talk my problems out because I'm not sure how to cause no one taught me as an adult so now I need a shrink to tell me how to adult.
>>be me
>try to talk to him about anything
>tells me to be detailed like he has asked in the past
>does so with previous
>says he read the last sentence because that's all he needs
>completely gets everything wrong
>tells him so.
>thinks so
>gets upset and says "Don't start!"
>Literally not starting shit but letting him know that he's wrong.
>>him
>can't stand to be wrong
>gew up thinking he was so smart
>admits to me that when he met me, that he realized how much he didn't know and how not smart he was.
So what do yall think?

Is my best friend just really toxic?
>>
Do you still talk to this guy/girl in person? Through the phone at least?People go through shit and it changes them. I know I have. Because some people are just that complicated. They live lives you might not ever know about, and the worst part of it is thay god forbid they grew up with toxic people. Because if that person has ever experienced some form of traumatic experience then it would make sense. If hes actively trying to make things right with himself and others while bolstering an immunity of said toxicity, you would be surprised. I grew up with toxic people and have met incredibly nice people during my time. I know that when something bad happens here, I have to take it in. Is he or she poor? You have to consider these things in all honesty.
>>
forgot to mention in the first part about the loser. I thought it maybe a good idea to explain him a bit more.

He goes to work nightly. He talks to his co-workers. He tells me all the time how they don't listen to him and see him as a child/teenager joking around and don't take him seriously. That's because he doesn't know how to.

He goes to a place down the road to play board games but doesn't get to know anyone because he thinks they are instantly judging him for no reason. I explain that he's a nerd, they notice that. They see how he is and is cool with it. I told him likely, they are sweaty ass nerds creepy nerds that don't care what he looks like and so on.

Then gets on POF and wants to talk their heads off and I explain to him that just saying hi is all you need to do. I do it. I just say "what's up?" or comment on their shit they have in their bio. He thinks women are complicated.

I want to help him but I don't know what to do anymore. I'm running out of ideas /adv/
>>
How old is he?
>>
>>18646253
Yeah, he explained that his childhood wasn't so great but it was manageable. He blames everyone else for his problems and not himself.

>>18646263
>>
>>18646275
Hes regretting his life decisions as of today albeit a young adult male who still clings to the happy moments as a child. Id say... road trip! Go travelling and he might just see life and change. I read that leaving hometown and experiencing nature is better than staying stuck.
>>
>>18646280
You will see how this connects:
I want to say in a way that this last week was interesting for me. I got the opportunity to live on my own away from my mom for a week. I was only at home with my step-brother and it was, to say the least, it was interesting for me to feel independent but I also had responsibilities and I felt more like an adult (I'm 25). This weekend, I was living on my own.

How does this tie-in?
Well, when I thought about what you asked, is the whole idea that he's not grown up and so. I got distracted and I forgot my point
>>
>>18646308
This confirms on what I was guessing. You were able to make decisions for yourself and it benefitted you emotionally, in reality. Perhaps the same will work foe your buddy.
>>
>>18646328
I want to say so too. He tells me all the time how he has to take care of his family and support most of the shit by himself. Like taking care of his grandfather's bed bugs and I told him that's not his responsibility and he wont do otherwise. And when I do, he gets all offended that I even bring it up.
>>
>>18646334
I would lend a hand or maybe get someone else to do it but it pretty much sums up. Try to get him to lead his own life for once and help him on his way if you can. Happy trails!
>>
>>18646375
yeah that's what I've been doing
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.