[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: zx640c_2773186.jpg (22KB, 640x459px) Image search: [Google]
zx640c_2773186.jpg
22KB, 640x459px
How do people work? Spending all day doing something. It must very difficult and exhausting.
I am 27 y.o. and never tried that. Is it even possible for me to work, if I never did that and not accustomed to all of this?
How to choose a job?
>>
>>18646187
Do you grind shit on mmos? Do you work to collect badges on fps games? Do you try and do all the shitty side quests in rpgs?

Exact same shit just you get paid and arn't fooled into thinking it's fun.
>>
If you are 27 and a basement-dwelling NEET not many jobs will be open for you.
>>
>>18646187
>Is it even possible for me to do something if I never did that before?
Have you ever done something that took a little commitment and time? Like have you ever had a pet, planned a trip or been in a relationship?
>>
>>18646189
But playing video games is not difficult.
>>18646197
I was gratuated student, but I failed to get phd, and since then do nothing.
>>
>>18646257
I have a cat and I had a gf.
>>
>>18646259
If you're able to put in the work to get at least a bachelors, then you should be not only capable of finding and doing work, but also accustomed to doing work

Unless you were a lazy asshole that did nothing and barely got through college, which makes it impressive that you were able to go as far as attempting a phd
>>
>>18646264
I am lazy, and did everything at the last moment, before the exam. I was kinda smart, and it wasn't a big deal for me. But at least I did something, because there was a pressure on me.
When I started my dissertation no one forced me to do anything, so I converted to complete neet, and I feel that for 3 years of doing nothing my brain is degenerating.
>>
>>18646285
You need to work your way out of that asap. Go do something productive. Work, continue education, whatever. Don't continue to be comfortable in wasting life
>>
>>18646261
Then you know how it feels to have a job.
>>
>>18646291
I am on the top of education ladder, so I have nothing else to do here besides dissertation.
And work sounds scary, and it is difficult to find any, because no one wants old guy with no experience whatsoever
>>
>>18646305
27 is not that old. Don't stop or give up. Your attitude is more important than the number of years you have been alive
>>
>>18646309
I checked all jobs somewhat close to my qualification and send there resume for work. No one invited me on job interview, and that's because of my age I guess. No one cares about my attitude.
I don't want to go on hard physical jobs, though.
>>
>>18646327
Are you putting your age in your resume? You really don't need to. Your resume might also just suck.
>>
>>18646330
Well it sucks, of course. It is empty, I have no experience or awards
>>
>>18646348
Then take the crap jobs and build up experience
>>
>>18646357
I sent resume to crap jobs of my qualification. They don't need me.
I can go work loader, but that experience won't help me.
>>
>>18646365
ANY work experience will help you at this point
>>
>>18646368
How?
>>
>>18646390
Because it would be possible evidence that you're capable of holding a job for a significant amount of time, able to work with people, able to take direction, etc, on top of other job skills gained depending on the type of work you do. Translatable job skills don't have to be directly involved in the field you're trying to be in. It could be as simple as proving you're capable. Not having that kind of proof is a hindrance
>>
>>18646187
At some point Mommy is going to stop feeding you and you are going to get hungry. And then you will discover how and why people work.
>>
>>18646446
I can lease my second house and live on rent.
>>
>>18646189
>>18646259
Working in a kitchen isn't difficult when you have over 1000hours.
>>
I am poker pro
Oh my god life is amazing, no job, no schedule, nothing, I completely and solely depend on myself
I cannot imagine going to work and doing stupid stuff on computer surrounded by people 5 days for 8 hours for the rest of my life. Really? No, never.
>>
>>18646187
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html

You get used to it. Not looking at clock hekps a ton to make time speed up.
>>
Being neet sucks.
>>
>>18646187
I went from NEET to working 50+ hours a week at a mediocre manufacturing job and going to school. The work is hardly physically exhausting, but the monotony drives me insane.
Being NEET was better.
>>
>>18646623
At least you have money on crack and hookers
>>
>>18646327
You dont understand how real life works. College is a fantasy to convince you the doors are all open. What you do it get a shitty job. Dont like physical work? Get a telemarker job. The first job is shitty, but you learn hands on what you do and dont like, and it starts to be game as you plan your next moves. Basically you hop stone to stone for jobs leatning as you go. My dad is 65 and he still isnt satisfied with work. Get your damn ass out of the house and start
>>
>>18646632
Just to add, it gets really easy to fall off the ball if your not learning, dont fall in that pit, just get out there
>>
>>18646632
Well, I am trying. I even send resume on jobs that are almost payless (around 100$ per month) such as cleaner.
>>
>>18646187
I'm kinda like you, but got myself into med school and now I'm knees deep in shit because I'm lazy and it will take me 10 years to get this shitty degree so I can retreat to some isolated island village to work as a GP and play MMOs all day until I die.
>>
>>18646748
Why didn't you just do nursing? American nurses in shitty islands are seen as higher than native doctors.

American/Canadian EMTs are seen as = to doctors in south america.
>>
>>18646751
Not American, and I had high hopes, thought I'll maybe go into science or something. Wouldn't want to be a nurse anyway, too menial. I had my pick after high school, could have chosen anything, I'm great at test when I need to cram shit in the last minute, but that doesn't help in med-school where you need to study throughout the whole year like a madman.
>>
>>18646285
I would say a phd takes some work. But i get what you mean. You dont live and strive for yourself (although you would like to), in all areas. Even if you know the correct route to take. Nothing is really attractive or seems fulfilling.

A lot of people have been there (and a lot will). The way out is to just start working. Behing good at your job and geting statisfaction out of your performance. This can be a small job, or o e in the firld you studied for.

Since the pressure is coming fro. A third party you can work not only in your interest, but in the interest of others. Just make sure you aent the perspn that comes in late after a few months.
>>
Wondering how well written your letters are.
>>
>>18646187

Well, I'll take you through my typical day.

>7:30 alarm sounds, hit snooze many times
>anywhere between 8:00 and 8:30: wake up
>take shower (15min)
>dress in somewhat formal attire (long sleeved shirt, trousers, formal shoes. no suit and tie because they don't pay me enough.)
>drive to work 20-25 minutes

So I get to work anywhere from 9 to 9:30. I try to get there by 9:15, consider myself late if I get there after 9:30.

>turn on computer, fire up all the virtual machines, connect all the VPNs, open all the relevant programs (10 minutes)
>check emails for anything important
>have coffee break(-fast?) with colleagues 15 minutes
>actually start doing real work. I'm a software engineer/developer/jack of all trades, so depending on what's going on that can mean either analyzing a problem and developing a suitably scalable and flexible solution, implementing said solution, testing/debugging, checking ad fixing end-user reported issues, writing documentation, estimating development time for new projects, talking to the clients, making power points to sell something (sigh), participate to boring meetings about any of the above (double sigh), etc.
>12:30 unless something comes up we fuck off to a nice restaurant behind the corner
>13:30 be back
>do some more work
>around 16-16:30 have coffee break for 15 min.
>do some more work until it's time to leave (after 8 hours worked, coffee breaks count as work)

If emergencies come up it can be a lot more intense ("leave at 3AM" levels of intense), sometimes I have to work weekends which is a pain in the ass, etc.
All in all it's a difficult job but not "hard" in the traditional sense, and I get paid good money for someone my age.
Counting all benefits and shit I make the equivalent of 1700€/month, net. A supermarket cashier makes around 800 by comparison.

And let me tell you, as hard as it may be it beats the fuck out of being a basement dwelling NEET. Been there done that for 2 years, never wanna do again.
>>
>>18647046
Sorry but your life sucks.
My typical day:
>wake up whenever
>turn on computer and listen to music
>dance then exercise
>cook food
>go walk on the street
>sleep one hour
>smoke weed
>read book
>draw a little bit
>watch a movie or hang with friend or go to a club
>(insert whatever activity I like)
>go to sleep whenever
Cost me 250€ monthly (rent excluded).
>>
>>18647091
Different person here. That actually sounds really boring and pointless to me
>>
>>18647091

Yeah, I was a neet too. It gets fucking boring eventually.
There are only so many movies you can watch and so many books you can read before you get bored.
Also eventually you start to feel completely fucking useless if you don't do SOMETHING that other people consider valuable in some way.
With my job I have a real impact on the lives of people. A mistake on my end can cause a small mess in the lives of 10,000 people easily. A mistake from someone else that I catch, can avoid that kind of mess for just as many.
Also, I get to analyze and solve difficult problems and design complex architectural solutions to do it, which is something that I like to do.

>Cost me 250€ monthly (rent excluded).
So at least 550 then. Well guess what, I don't have 550€ a month to blow just to be useless.
My dad left a few years ago, my mom does small jobs here and there and has just enough for herself.
Here in Italy there are no neetbux so I need to support myself.

In a few years I'll have enough to be able to neet it up again, and by then I'll have some fully paid off land so that I still have something useful to do when I'm bored.
>>
>>18647131
As someone who does basically the same as you, I don't feel this way. I want my NEET days back. Rather than work to make someone else richer, I would like to do stuff that I find valuable.
For example, before I took up this job, I worked on a video game. Now I don't even have the energy to do anything after work anymore.
And whats the end goal of this? For me the future looks pretty bleak, I have no friends and only work or sit on 4chan. And the way it looks this will continue for the near future. Whats the point other than money?
>>
>>18646259
you ever tried to roll a fresh character on a game and go straight to a high level zone? it would be foolish.
>>
Honestly most people that keep a job over time get used to the workload. Hard at first sure, then you get into it. Also experience with something helps over time, you know how to do it and when.
>>
>>18647568
I am afraid that I fail everything and my job giver would be pissed off.
>>
>>18647582

Legit fear, most bosses are brutal. Or at least in my experience. Deliver deliver deliver.

As for the fail part, depends on the job. If you are good at what you do the boss won't be pissed.
>>
>>18647604
I am bad at everything.
>>
>>18647647

Job market want people with skills and good self-esteem. If you are lucky enough to get a job interview you have to pretend you are amazing. How do you feel about being a NEET?
>>
>>18647675
I feel like I am dumb and weak trash
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.