[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv what is the best way for a 16 year old to tell his christian parents he no longer believes in god, and that he believes science rules over all? (Pic unrelated)
>>
Traditionally religion, science, and philosophy were not serparated.

Stop looking at religious texts literally.

Read The Secret Teaching of All Ages by Manly Hall before becoming an unbearable nihilistic suicidal edgy cunt
>>
Strait up tell them you do not believe in Christianity. Don't be an idiot and start talking about science because like >>18646112 said they are not separate and can co-exist.
>>
I don't really know why all these american kids feel the need to tell their parents that they don't believe in god. I guess their parents must be more hc Christians, mine are orthodox and I've never felt any need to tell them that I'm an atheist.

This is how it goes:
First find out if your parents are reasonable.

Will they kick you out of the house if you say you're an atheist?

Will they forcibly try to get you to go to church or decrease your quality of life because of it?

At the very least there will be some cringy arguments at the dinner table for months, so just gauge how much they will fuck on you for not believing in their religion and decide for yourself, you've known these people for 16 years, thats more than enough time to decide.
>>
You don't need to tell them.

I stopped believing the religion of my parents, but as long as I lived with them, I respected their beliefs and what they raised me with and continued to practice whatever they practiced. This was just out of respect for them, which superceded my own beliefs about organized religions (I dislike them).

After I moved out, I did my own thing, but whenever I saw my family, I would still participate. I saw it more as a family activity that helped keep shit together (and definitely not as a personal submission to their religion)
>>
>>18646104
This site is for 18+ kid.

Enjoy your ban
>>
>>18646104
This is a Christian board
>>
>>18646104
Why tell them? Just go your own way, and if you occasionally have to attend church with them, think of it as a loving gift to make them happy.
>>
I get that at 16 is where the need for self-expression kicks in, but I advise you to have an independent personality that doesn't need to declare it's properties in order to have them. Just never talk about it until they ask. Whether they knew or didn't knew, it wouldn't make your life any difference in the long term, it would just create some needless momentary drama and eventually everyone would get over it (length varies). So just keep it to yourself and spare yourself the trouble.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.