[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

choosing a major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: ikkoposter.jpg (370KB, 737x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ikkoposter.jpg
370KB, 737x1024px
Hey /adv/, I am struggling between a lot of different options with college right now and my friends are not in school so I have nobody to really discuss this with.

I am currently in community college. I just finished my general ed over the summer. I plan on applying for universities in November. I am in california.

Now here's my problem: since my general ed is done, I want to take some major specific classes before I transfer over to help me get started. However, I can't decide whether I want to focus on graphic design or film. I love both, graphic design is easier to me because I can sit at my computer and work on album art and posters for my friends bands, but at my core I love film. I love watching movies, telling stories, and creating beautiful shots. I want to make my own career in helping artists do anything visual they need and getting paid to do that, as well as making my own work. I am already pretty proficient in the adobe suite I just want to expand on that. I just started a Design intro class and it's pretentious as fuck, I was eyerolling the entire class. I want to take a film production class instead, but if I'm going to major in graphic design, it will basically be useless. I am also taking a typography course that's really cool and an online film class, as well as a video editing class. I would have just taken one or two classes, but i have to take a full course load to satisfy the scholarship i'm getting. I don't know what to do, and my recent mood has just been wanting to drop out and try to make it on my own.

Sorry for soapboxing. If you took the time to read and reply thank you.
>>
>>18646070
In this economy you're going to be unemployable when you graduate whatever your major is. So you might as well study something you'll enjoy while you're doing it
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.