[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a relationship like this healthy? My gf has started to ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1498527792390.png (487KB, 651x578px) Image search: [Google]
1498527792390.png
487KB, 651x578px
Is a relationship like this healthy? My gf has started to ask for my facebook password/phone lock codes and saying she "just wants to make sure I have nothing to hide". Yet when I broach the topic with here she says that I have to be first as that's what gentlemen do. She said I have till then end of the week.Pic related is the closest I could find online but I don't think it's quite at this level as I can watch what I want on TV and we have our own bank accounts(though she does sometimes use my card without telling me)

I'm worried, is this normal? How do I take it from here?
>>
>>18645923

>cuz thats what gentleman do

this is retarded, you know that right?
>>
Has she always been jealous or is her jealousy in general a recent development?
Maybe one of her friends had a bf who cheated on her?
Either way just tell her that she has nothing to worry about and that worrying about whether someone *might* be cheating is fucking stupid. There's nothing to worry about unless you give her something to worry about.
>>
It's not a good sign if she doesn't want to do it herself.
>>
>>18645923
Run. She just told you to your face that she doesn't trust you, thinks she has special privileges in your relationship, and that you're not entitled to privacy.

Get the fuck out.
>>
It's not normal.
She doesn't trust you and she's giving bullshit ultimatums. Leave.
Spontaneous, irrational jealousy like this where she suddenly doubts you even though she didn't before is sometimes brought about by cheating or something else giving her a guilty conscience. She feels guilty about something and therefore wants to catch you doing something you shouldn't, which would justify whatever she did, in her mind
>>
File: 1471838050134.jpg (136KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
1471838050134.jpg
136KB, 650x433px
its not healthy, tell her if she can't trust you to stay committed, its over. I say this because it will be over even if you don't say it, as her paranoia will drive you nuts and make you unhappy and want to leave anyway.
>>
File: 1188669771097.png (540KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1188669771097.png
540KB, 640x480px
>>18645923
>uses card without u knowing
dude she is using you and your money, I'm a femanon but even I wouldnt take money without permission. Run from that bitch.
Also she is manipulative, go away from her really... It looks like she will get all your passwords and pin over time and later take out loan on your name and run away... or just use money without your knowledge.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
>>
She sounds incredibly insecure, and honestly I wouldn't want to be with someone like that. She's paranoid without having a reason to be, which could be a sign of low self esteem. Get out if you aren't too attached, because she may ask you to end friendships with other women and even go so far as to begin controlling who you hang out with (your friends are bad influences).

Being with someone who has insecurity issues is never healthy. She needs to work on her self esteem because she's clearly not ready to be with someone if she can't give basic trust.
>>
>>18645923
To the extent of the article. No. To be under surveillance 24/7 is insane.

But imo you shouldn't be having a stroke over it if it's a one time thing. I have my phone unlocked. Gf will use it if she can't find hers and will sometimes respond to work/friends if I'm occupied. Same goes with her phone.
>>
>>18645923
You've been trapped. First, you've just been told indirectly that you are untrustworthy. Second of all, if you plan of sticking with her a while, the probability of her using whatever information she could find is HIGH. Anything at all. She wants in so she has leverage. Would you feel comfortable if a parent or sibling asked the same?

You can't say no because then it's like there's something to hide, but saying yes means you're submitting to her ability to manipulate you.
>>
>>18645932
Recent.
I don't know of one who has but then again I don't really know any of her friends.
Tried, hence the 1 week deadline.

>>18645935
You think she is cheating?
>>18645969
>>18645972
I can't just leave, not after 3 years. We live together and if that ended I'd have to go back to my parents and my pride could not bear that.
>>18645977
It's not for big things, most she has spent is $100 max at one time. I'm trying to salvage this.
>>
>>18646002
Doesn't have to be straight-up cheating necessarily.
Could be she talked to an ex after saying she wouldn't, or stole money from you (since she's apparently done so before), just anything that makes her feel bad and guilty.
She then deals with it by trying to shift the blame onto you.
If you don't give her the passwords, that proves you're a bad guy, meaning she doesn't have to feel guilty about whatever she did.
If you do give her the passwords she either finds something bad (again making you the bad guy), or find nothing. If she finds nothing she'll either accuse you of lying/deleting texts/hiding things, or demand even more passwords.
It's not a game you can win.
>>
>>18646011
this anon got everything right, I totally agree.

also worth to mention that it depends on your wage how big is 100$ for you... for me it would be really much. Even if I had to borrow 10$ I would ask for permission..
>>
>>18645923
Grow some balls you fucking cuck
>>
Run as far as you can. Swallow your pride and go to your parents if you must.

A person like this is LOOKING for a fight, and anything you write will be a hidden message or proof to her that you're cheating. Pussy isn't worth this. Leave.
>>
File: 1491430628649.png (235KB, 660x443px) Image search: [Google]
1491430628649.png
235KB, 660x443px
All women are money grubbing cattle
>>
File: IMG_20161214_150403.jpg (260KB, 1418x976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161214_150403.jpg
260KB, 1418x976px
>>
>>18645923
>she does sometimes use my card without telling me
that's the most worrysome part desu
>>
>>18646041
>trusting data from an online poll
>ever
>>
>>18646056
But it's all /r9k/ has to justify their worldviews
>>
>>18646041
>All women
Did you even take a look at the picture you posted? Also it's not like men never cheat on their partners.
>>
>>18645923

you have to run away faster than light.
>>
> she says that I have to be first as that's what gentlemen do
>>
>>18645940
This.
>>
>>18646041
>tfw I'm the eternal backup man
>>
>>18646537

same here. Starting to hate them.
>>
>>18646002
Sunken cost fallacy. It doesn't matter how long you have been together. Only think of the future. And it clearly sounds like you will be better off without her.

Give her an ultimatum back. If she ever uses your card again you're throwing her to the curb. And no, you will not give her any access.

Actually, make her pay back everything she used your card for before dumping her. Tell her you don't tolerate her stealing from you.
>>
>>18645923
Shit OP, she has already deleted the evidence of her cheating and the guys she is fucking and knows their has to be some little shit she can blow out of proportion and blame you for everything. I agree is she wants to see you should see and it should be at the same time but unfortunately for you its too late already. What you should do is refuse and without her knowing start investigating the men in her life
>>
>>18645940
/thread/
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.