[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relationships with people with Borderline Personality Disorder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1479179844465.png (291KB, 619x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479179844465.png
291KB, 619x576px
Anyone have tips for someone who is in a romantic relationship with someone who has BPD? Good friend of mine also has it. Convincing them that it gets better and that they need help is almost impossible. Look up a symptom on the list and it relates to them. Is there anything I can do? At least to lessen the self harm, emotionalism, and drug abuse?
>>
>>18645822
As someone who has bpd as well.
Be there for them. Even when they're frantic and telling you to leave. Be the constant
>>
yeah, dont. its that simple. if youre mentally normal do not get involved with someone with bpd.
>>
you cant fix people, sounds like you need some therapy yourself
>>
>>18645837
After long battles she forced me out. It's tough to know with BPD when they're just not going to be able to handle your presence at all.

>>18645822
Be careful, the amount of your support and your role as an emotional punching bag might not be immediately clear yet. I'm not trying to say don't do this relationship, because having BPD doesn't make you any less of a beautiful person to love, just understand that as a partner to someone with BPD your needs are a very low priority for much of the relationship.
>>
>>18645837
Thats what I've been told, but its definitely extremely harmful on my own mental health as well.

>>18645849
I consider myself normal. Only figured it later when I became extremely committed to her.

>>18645854
I wouldn't be surprised. I practically let my mental health get ripped to shreds in order to help and make the people I love happy.

>>18645873
Yeah, mos def noticed this. Its hard to accumulate too, because at one point my needs were a priority, but time passed and they fell down the list.
I always want to help in any way I can but she constantly reminds me that "there is no helping". Its extremely demoralizing.
>just understand that as a partner to someone with BPD your needs are a very low priority for much of the relationship.
Can you explain why possibly?
>>
>>18645890
Its not for the faint of heart i assure you. My current s/o is in need of therapy and im 90% its because of me.
>>
It will be terrible for you, and your children if you have them. People with these problems won't get better unless they themselves have a ***strong*** desire to. You'll probably have cycles of her worshiping you then absolutely tearing you apart for not doing enough, in fear on abandonment, and for attention.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.