[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tor Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1489531753219.jpg (700KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1489531753219.jpg
700KB, 2272x1704px
I just bought a new laptop which has windows 10 and well ive heard that it really isnt safe to be browsing tor since now with windows 10 since every site i see says that microsoft tracks whatever you do.
So i need an honest opinion on whether or not its safe
>>
>>18645612

if you're asking these questions you shouldn't be using tor

>>>/g/
>>
>>18645612
you can ask companies like google and microsoft not to do that. I guess you would need to ask an insider at google or microsoft if their "please don't record my activity" buttons actually work.

as for making you safe from outside interference, the latest operating systems are good at that. they have good security and built-in VPN support.

the truth is that when you use any software company that is connected to the internet, you are entrusting them with data. online anonymity is never something that should have been spoken about so much, because it's paper thin unless you're some kind of hacker.

I got rid of my social media (except instagram which is just for "hey look at this" innocent photosharing stuff), and I turned off all of my data sharing options with companies like Google, Microsoft, and Apple. I think this made me somewhat safer, but there is no way to certainly know.

The best safeguard is to probably stop having split anonymous online personalities. Don't think, "Man, online me is such a goober. He'd talk extensively about cutting women up into little pieces because he's just a character. That doesn't reflect the real me." Yeah it doesn't actually work that way.

You're one person. Just keep that in mind and you should be alright. Stop entertaining the idea of having more than one persona, unless you become tech savvy enough to actually not be tracked.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.