[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get rid of anxiety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1503209635721.png (199KB, 530x477px) Image search: [Google]
1503209635721.png
199KB, 530x477px
How do I get rid of anxiety?
>>
Stop worrying about things you can't control and focus on things within your control
>>
>>18645487
Cocaine.
>>
>>18645487
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy could be a start. Break your negative thought habits and rewire your brain.

I'd also recommend Mindfulness self help alongside it.

There is medication out there that may help dull your anxiety but it definitely would be a permanent fix so see your GP about therapy, particularly the two forms I've mentioned above.

Ultimately though, I believe fitness is more effective than medication.I do strength workout's and cardio (long distance running) and train as an amateur boxer.... I haven't touched medication in 4 years as a result.
>>
>>18645487
Get drunk
>>
There are different kinds of anxiety and so many different ways to trigger anxiety. Can you describe your anxiety?
>>
>>18646223
whenever i go outside i get hit with a fear of pooping myself. once i start to worry i get a crazy urge to use the bathroom and end up scurrying to find one. how do i fix
>>
>>18646223
>>18646231
this isnt op btw
>>
>>18646231
Drink coffee about an hour before you need to go out. Then shit before you go out. If controlling your bowel movements doesn't help then it might be worth seeing a professional about that one
>>
Medication
Getting used to it over time and just "growing"

I used to have it so bad I'd break out in hives if I was just in a public store.
After awhile my depression turned to hate and I'm fine now

good luck OP
>>
>>18646223
Well it's more social if I think about it. In the sense that I fear talking to people because I keep on thinking that they have better things to do than talk to me and that I'll most likely screw up the conversation anyway. This eventually leads into me canceling most of the plans that I thought about and do nothing for the rest of the day.
>>
>>18646341
I think you'll have to persistently remind yourself of your self worth and that where ever you are at any given time and place, you belong there. It's irrational to think that your interactions with everyone is a waste of their time, and that kind of thinking will only manifest as an irrational self fulfilling fear - that is, if you believe that all you do is waste people's time with awkward conversation, then you are going to absolutely believe that every interaction is resulted that way.

Don't let yourself stop you from being a better version of yourself. Keep reminding yourself that you are better and can be better, and that you deserve better for yourself. Opting to stay home won't achieve that. Push yourself to get out there, because the alternative is jusy another potential day wasted with more regret.

This is at least what worked for me.
>>
>>18645487
well bones, you have to stop haunting the therapist. He didn't mean to hurt you.

Also for real put yourself into situations that give you anxiety bit by bit until you're no longer phased by them
>>
>>18645487
My personal struggle with anxiety is cause by a fixation on negativity. I've come to terms with the fact that I am almost masochistic in the things I say to myself. I am self-abusive and I get a kick out of it because I hate myself. I could go on psychotropics and be dependant on meds my entire life, go into debt for therapy that isn't likely to work since I develop self-defeating prophecies like images of naked ladies for mental masturbation, or I could decide to stand up for myself against... myself. It's extremely tough. I do recommend it, however, because I have felt much better recently that I started doing this.
>>
>>18647461
Btw, exposure has not worked for me. I always regress.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.