[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here got rid of bed bugs on their own? If yes how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1503166772071.jpg (191KB, 1041x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1503166772071.jpg
191KB, 1041x1041px
Has anyone here got rid of bed bugs on their own? If yes how did you do it?

I've noticed bed bug droppings in the bedroom of a new flat I am renting. The flat is completely empty with no furniture and I cleaned every single inch of the flat. The annoying part is that I even asked the landlord if there were any pest/bug issues in the flat and he said no.
>>
>>18644792

yes. i basically just woke up and killed them anytime I got bit. im extra sensitive so i woke up after every bite and just smashed them then went back to bed. went pretty well. Towards the end i also threw away my old mattress and I think that helped a lot.

I'm told they cannot climb up metal, so if you get a new bed, metal bed frame, they can't get up the normal way. Instead they have to climb to the ceiling then drop down on top of you. scary, but its eaiser to kill them with a simple bedframe and no mattress to hide in.
>>
File: 1503288005289.jpg (106KB, 942x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503288005289.jpg
106KB, 942x960px
I usually go to sleep in the morning and smash all the bedbugs that I can find through the night. Last night was the worst. Approx 30 bed bugs killed and ultimatelly I think those fucks will win the battle Im gonna kill myslef cant live like that anymore

>>18644792
>>
>>18644792
Soak your bed in gasoline, lay down on the bed, while still lying on the bed ignite the bed using a lighter or a match, stay lying down until the flames have cleansed the bugs from your bed and yourself.
>>
Rubbing alcohol kills them, so it's good to use to cut down on their numbers.

I was able to get the landlord to pay for pest control.

If you find a bug, put it in a ziplock bag so if you can convince your landlord to pay for pest control you can show it to them to prove you have bugs.

In many states the landlord is responsible for leasing a pest-free home, so look up what the laws are in your state or country concerning bedbug treatment.

I wonder if the previous tenants had them and treated it. You may be just seeing the left over droppings from a exterminated infestation.
>>
get some diatemaceous earth and leave a line on your doorway, will prevent them from spreading.

Extreme heat and/or cold will kill them but they're hardy little fucks. Putting your bedsheets and clothes in the freezer for several days can work or they sell little portable sheet heaters that get hotter than a dryer to kill them. I would recommend just straight up replacing your mattress, even if you kill them all they leave stains and blood-shot all inside it.

also this >>18644873 everybody hates bedbugs so it's in your best interest to convince your landlord to help get rid of them.
>>
>>18644792

Former pest control here. Do you live in the states?

Im in canada and the right pesticides and products are restricted here but pretty sure in the US theyre not so i can help you a lot.
>>
>>18644792
I had to clear my entire room and steam my matress.

There was wood panelling on the walls and my mom tore all of that down and steam washed the entire drywall. Ever since then we haven't had any problems. That was in 2008.
>>
>>18644937
Im in UK unfortunately.

>>18644929
>>18644940
As I mentioned in the original post, the flat is empty with no furniture in it. I will be buying new stuff like bed etc but I need to get rid of the fucks in the first place
>>
>>18644937
Ah fuck it wont even need a reply.

First do not throw out your mattress or any furniture theyre in for that matter. You will drag and drop them around your house and theyll hide. They can survive a year without food so youll risk a reinfestation.

Wash and dry all of your clothes on high heat. Fold them and pack them into bags until youre done.

Get a steam cleaner. Careful, some commercial cleaners dont get hot enough, it must reach 160° fahrenheit. That will guarantee death on contact. Any lower and you might not get all of them. Clean all furniture theyve been spotted on, and clean the fuck out of the mattress and box spring. Pay special attention to the seems.

Get yourself a bottle of demand cs. Mix with water to achieve a concentration of...1%? I can remember.. 8ml to 4 gallons does it. It will also say on the bottle.

Wear gloves and use a respirator. You will absorb the pesticide through the skin, or inhale it. Its honestly not enough to do any damage to mammals, but it will make you high (not a good high) and queezy if you dont. If you have asthma or other respiratory problems it will exacerbate it if it hasnt dried yet.

Apply the pesticide to all baseboards in the house (yes the whole house). You can treat the box spring too if you like. I would not recommend treating the sleeping surface unless it will be face down for 3 months.

Keep all pets and other people out of the house for 2 hours after application finished.

You can coat the carpet lightly if you like. It will not stain. If you end up getting prelude instead (market sales person might sub it if they dont have it) that WILL stain.

Get diatomaceous earth. Drione is a good product. Use a bulb duster and get the product into cracks and crevices. That includes opening in baseboards, bed rails and frame, inside your electrical outlets if youre feeling really thorough.

This treatment will kill all crawling insects in the house as a bonus.
>>
>>18644998
Thats cool. UK may be the same. As far as i know only canada is so strict. I dont know about UK.

Ok if you cant get these pesticides read above>>18644999

Do the steam cleaning and the clothing wash, you will.be able to get diatomaceous earth somewhere, spread it along the baseboards, if you have pets do a light dusting you cant see with the naked ete because you dont want them sniffing it and breathing it (its an irritant. Wont injure them but itll ruin their weekend)

Vacuum vacuum vacuum.

See if the law requires your landlord to provide pest control. It probably does and they would be immediately responsible at risk of forfeiting rent for not providing a healthy sanitary living space.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.