[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confidence when you're not good looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1441661172579.jpg (354KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441661172579.jpg
354KB, 1920x1080px
Two simple questions that bother me for quite a while.

Can you be confident when you know you look average at most, definitely not good looking? I mean of course you need to have confidence and show that, but what if you don't have anything to base this confidence on

And if so, how do you achieve it?

Pic to attract attention, I need your opinions anons
>>
>>18644563
post height, and a pic of you, or someone that looks like you

insecurity is prolly worse than being average looking.
>>
You don't have to be good looking to be confident. You have to be truly okay with how you look.
>>
File: McGregor.jpg (83KB, 990x641px)
McGregor.jpg
83KB, 990x641px
>>18644563
>what if you don't have anything to base this confidence on
That's not how confidence work. That right there is meme-psychology 101 ''''''''confidence''''''''.

Actual confident people are confident regardless of the situation.
>>
>>
>>18644563

>what if you don't have anything to base this confidence on

then its just arrogance. Confidence is the belief in the truth of something. you need a truth. confidence is not some all encompassing concept despite what we say here on 4chan. Chads and alphas as you call them are often not confident in anything other than their looks. sometimes its looks + jobs or what have you, but the point im making is it doesn't encompass their entire lives.

keep in mind that confidence in looks is not the same as confidence in getting the girl. the reason most chads / alphas as you call them arent afraid to approach women isn't that they 'know' they will get the girl, they actually get rejected a LOT. they just know that a girl rejecting them doesn't devalue them. they are what they are regardless of rejections.

beta's on the other hand believe that its a scoring system and that if they dont ask girls out, they can't get rejected, and therefore arent going to get some sort of 'lower score'. its dumb logic.

you can have confidence in anything. it could be what you're good at, or even just being confident that it doesn't matter if you aren't good looking cuz life has been otherwise normal for you.
>>
>>18644563

Your mistake is thinking that confidence is influenced solely by one material attribute of the human body. Even super models' bodies will decay over time and lose their youthful luster and charm. The reason they seem extremely confident isn't because they know they 'look good'; it's because they know that they can 'use those skills to serve a purpose' in life. And that's ultimately what a lot of confidence is based on; knowing who you are and what you're capable of.

That's not to say human biases don't exist; handsome people are naturally going to attract more attention that ugly people. That's less their own fault and more of people's base instincts that good looking people must "obviously" take better care of themselves and thus have high esteem.

But the point of this isn't that external things determine your confidence. Rather, it's about how confidently you know who you are and what you can do for the people and things in your life. Friends, family, yourself, whatever. Only by taking the time to learn about who you are will you learn how to be confident.
>>
>>18644623
Super models and other very attractive people who rely a lot on their looks are some of the most insecure people around. Don't confuse genuine confidence with apparent confidence.
>>
You can.

but it doesn't mean that you will get laid.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.