[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(CANADA SPECIFIC) Help dealing with a private investigator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1429056312582.jpg (34KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
1429056312582.jpg
34KB, 599x449px
Hi /adv/
I need some help dealing with a private investigator, specifically what they by law have access to and what they can do with the information
And alternatively what charges I can press if they release my personal information to someone who could potentially put me in danger.

Long story short; I'm basically being stalked by someone with a long history of mental illness (paranoid schizophrenia). I've complied with 2 police investigations, proved I'm alive, sane and choosing to not contact this person for my own safety. The police have agreed to keep my information hidden from the person because of their state of mind.

This person now has hired a private investigator to find out my personal information and relay it back to them.
Now as far as I know, PI's can do what they want as they don't necessarily have to follow the same laws the police do.

Is there something I can threaten the PI with to make them back off? Can I press charges against them for passing my information to someone who's a hazard to me and mentally ill? I've tried contacting legal services, the police, social workers, etc... But no one can really help me until this person actually causes me harm.
Has anyone else been in this situation or know about laws concerning private investigating?
Thanks!
>>
>>18644468
Is this a pasta?
>>
>>18644780
Yes
>>
>>18644780
Unfortunately no, I'm OP, this is actually happening to me.
I really wish it was pasta though. :(
>>
>>18644835
Are you sure you're not the schizophrenic one here? Why would they hire a private investigator too?
>>
>>18645264
This is an extremely long story, but they're a family member and believe I've been kidnapped by some sort of organization. A pretty typical schizophrenic delusion.
The cops have confirmed I'm fine to them, and for them to drop it as I don't want contact with them; but they think the cops are in on it and have decided to "take matters into their own hands" so to speak.

Like this is on going and unfortunately a legit problem, at this point many facets of the law and mental health intervention are involved with this. Unfortunately for me, until they pose a danger to me or to themselves this is just another routine stalking case.

Unfortunately no one's really been able to give me much of an answer about the extent in which a private investigator can divulge my information to them and I'm wondering if I even have a legal leg to stand on here.
>>
>>18645798
how about you choose the simplest option? contact the family member and ask them what you have to do to prove that you're in control of your own actions and not under anyones influence and then comply, mongoloid.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.