[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big decision

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So, I'm making the biggest decision of my life in two days : Do I move to America to study with my gf who already chose that path, or leave her to stay here in England.
Background, I'm not well liked here, due to past events,had a few friends but cut everyone off except her to get better grades, so have no people I'd miss. I am a big fan of Donald Trump, and believe he is a great leader. I fully reject the ideas of the left, as I see them as hilariously awful. I'm not alt-right, definitely more r/The_Donald than /pol/ but my ideals and beliefs have got me in trouble here before.
The problem is that if I leave I will be completely broke as all my money would go to the necessities, so should I just hide what I believe in, and stay here to save money or is getting a fresh start with people who share my ideas and staying with her worth living on the bare minimum?
>>
>>18642673
By the sound of it you are already poor, you'll just be a tad more poor, but in a country with less taxation and bureaucratic bullshit when it comes to making money so you should be able to earn it back.

Moving simply because of Donald is retarded though, for all you know Trump will not get reflected and there will be a reactively elected democrat as next president who'll make Trudeau look like Hitler.
>>
>>18642673
Move. If you have an opportunity and a way to make it happen then you should take the chance. You only live once and going to the United States is definitely going to be a change of pace from England but unlike your motherland, the United States has more regional job variety and a gigantic market for labor which gives you more to look at.
>>
Hey, left-leaning americunt here
If you do decide to come to America, it's best to hide your political views for a few years and just act like you don't have any. You're going to be seen as the foreigner who doesn't know what they're talking about and is wrong, no matter what your political beliefs. Secondly, make sure you establish a career of some sort before leaving your country. If you're gonna come just to be a homeless Britfag with no way home is stupid, to put it nicely.
>>
>>18642687
Someone Hillarylike being elected is definitely something I wouldn't want to be in the country for. I hadn't even thought about him losing reelection to be honest, and as I'd have to finish my course before leaving, I'd see at least 2 years of Dem rule, which would not be fun
>>
>>18642697
>left leaning
Opinion should be discarded.
>>
>>18642697
I'm coming to study to be an accountant as I did really well in it up until this point, with that hopefully being my career after. Obviously not coming just to live on the streets, wouldn't get a visa for that anyway.
>>
always have a back up

>packs fleshlight and laptop with roblox inside
>>
>>18642691
I mean I'm pretty sure what I want to be in the future, what states would I end up in as an accountant, ideally not blue states
>>
>>18642709
Don't play that, I'm not 12
>>
>>18642673
> Immigrant
> Fan of Donald Trump
Fuck off then. We're full.
>>
>>18642702
This isn't /pol/
You don't have to pretend to be retarded here
>>
>>18642673
It is almost always a bad idea to make a decision that is really about something else in order to be with someone else. Moving to another country just because your girlfriend is there is as unwise as choosing a university solely because a friend is going there.

When the girlfriend or the friend disappears, you are stuck with a decision you wouldn't have made without them involved
>>
>>18642697
>If you do decide to come to America, it's best to hide your political views for a few years and just act like you don't have any. You're going to be seen as the foreigner who doesn't know what they're talking about and is wrong,

right leaner, here.

this is not bad advice, honestly. But you shouldn't be afraid to ask questions, just hold off on your vociferous declarations since you're not murican.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.