[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Existential dread sets in I guess life truly is meaningless.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1195872.1485702334.jpg (137KB, 1034x576px) Image search: [Google]
1195872.1485702334.jpg
137KB, 1034x576px
>Existential dread sets in

I guess life truly is meaningless. Anyone else come to a different conclusion?
>>
File: 1500804477440.jpg (66KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
1500804477440.jpg
66KB, 600x469px
>>18642504
>18642504
>>
File: IMG_1595.jpg (29KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1595.jpg
29KB, 210x210px
You will find your way
>>
>>18642504
I once heard(see) people say(type)
>life meaning is to give life's a meaning
>>
>>18642504
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.
>>
File: btc kill me.jpg (230KB, 1407x1222px) Image search: [Google]
btc kill me.jpg
230KB, 1407x1222px
>>18642504

>Try for years to make something of myself, but fail miserably
>Consider suicide
>Well, if I'm going to kill myself because my situation sucks, I may as well listen to this intuition shit & take some massive risks to try and improve my situation
>If it works, life is worth living, if not, I'll be dead and won't have to deal with the consequences
>mfw massive risk pays off, go from being an in 70k in debt to having 200k, liquid, in the bank from speculating on credit, shorting the peso during the US election, super high risk buy shit worked
>move to new city to be with friends, plan on travelling to Europe in the summer
>takes me 3 months to get a job in new city, meanwhile commute 3hr a day, gym habit slips, healthy eating slips
>Finally get new job, shit is demanding in terms of hours, can't find time to train / do my finance shit on the side, end up putting it what looks like a pretty low risk / decent return investment, I think I'm following intuition again, but it turns out I go my intuition wrong
>mfw can't go to Europe because new job won't give me the time off, mfw best friend was actually stealing from me two months after I moved in with him, mfw my 'low risk' investment went the other way and I lost 150k on a trade
>mfw I find said document in my dox from end of november last year
>mfw I could have had 285 bitcoin right now
>mfw I could have bought btc with 5x leverage
>mfw back to considering suicide
>mfw I chose to moved to a new city, to be with a friend who was a fucking thief, instead of staying in my little town, buying btc & being fucking retired and financially free at 30
>mfw back to mulling over suicide

It sure fucking seems like all roads lead back to right here OP.
>>
>>18643118
At least you got a good fucking story out of it, hope you learned something too.
>>
>>18642504
Life has no purpose from on high. You're missing the point though; your life has whatever puropse you give it. Quit waiting for someone to come save you. You aren't Rambo, you're not a superhero, you're just a person, and people fuck up a hell of a lot more often than they succeed. Go make your own meaning and quit waiting for someone to give your life value. You're the one with the power here.
>>
File: 6290993589_5cce95050c_b.jpg (904KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
6290993589_5cce95050c_b.jpg
904KB, 1024x683px
>When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
>Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
>It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.

These are all quotes by a man named Marcus Aurelius, in his viewpoint it didn't matter if life had a grand plan in store for him or not. What mattered to him, was being able to enjoy the life he had now, because not everyone has the chance to think about life like this, some people don't even get to be born. Op, you should take the time you have now and experience what life has to offer, you have this chance until you expire.

Personally, I believe in a afterlife, but even if all that awaits me is oblivion at the end, then I'll take comfort knowing that means a peace awaits me. Where all my weight of responsibility releases because I died doing what I could while alive, I earned this.
>>
>>18642504
Make your own fucking meaning, then. Just standing around all "Boo-hoo, nothing matters! Woe is me!" accomplishes nothing and makes you sound like a whiny asshole.
>>
>>18643540
How do you know life has no purpose from on high?
>>
Even if life is inherently meaningless it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.
>>
>>18642504

Youre here, some of its awesome, you wont know the awesome without experiencing bullshit, so who the fuck cares. Live for the good, learn from the bad, medication and therapy exist for depression so if thats your problem go get help, or if you really want to get silly, delude yourself into the coolest sounding religion and live it out.
>>
>>18642504

you're in a rut. you've got to get out of it out of it out of it
>>
>>18643118
That story is actually cool as fuck
>>
You don't have to think about it though, honestly just treat it like the little fact about life it is, accept the logic and move on having made yourself a more truthful person
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.