[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sustainable coffee on a budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: howtofrenchpress[1].jpg (32KB, 783x368px) Image search: [Google]
howtofrenchpress[1].jpg
32KB, 783x368px
anyone know about drinking coffee on a budget?
currently using instant coffee daily but thinking about buying a cheap french press so i can enjoy real coffee for once.
how much more expensive is it to make coffee with a french press than it is compared to with instant coffee, or even a coffee maker? thanks /adv/
>>
I'm poor as fuck but make room for coffee. Bad coffee ruins my day.

Just go to some thrift stores to shop around for supplies. Best idea is to buy a reusable filter to go over your cup and boil filtered water to a temperature appropriate for brewing.

Try and find a local grocery store having coffee in bulk. In poor areas there are usually grocery stores buying food that mainstream stores wanted to get rid of.

You can ask someone you know to pick up coffee for you at Costco or some other store of that kind.

Look for coupons in your Sunday paper or on the Internet.

If none of this is possible, opt for Maxwell House and decent creamers and sweetners.
>>
>>18642209
French press is cheap. Maybe 10 bucks for the press, you use about 30 cents worth of coffee a pot. Pretty much the best coffee for the lowest price possible.
>>
You don't even need a machine or a french press. People have had coffee without either for ages. Get ground coffee and a reusable filter.

Get a saucepan. Bring two cups of water to boil. When it boils, turn off the heat and immediately add two tablespoons of the ground coffee Cover with a lid and let it sit and steep for about five minutes, give or take depending on your preferred strength. All the grounds should have sunk to the bottom.

Pour it through the filter into a mug snd you have your coffee.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.