[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone from LA know if they ask for ID when ordering alcohol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0034.jpg (307KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
307KB, 1080x1920px
Anyone from LA know if they ask for ID when ordering alcohol at restaurants? And what happens if you try to order one underage?
>>
>>18641399

>anyone from LA know if they ask for ID when ordering alcohol at restaurants?

as a general rule, yes, there isn't some weird trend in some cities versus other cities where they just dont do it when its required by law.

>what happens if you try to order one underage?

you reach into your wallet, fumble around, claim you must have left your ID at home, and they say 'thats alright,' then they etiher give you teh booze anyways or they say 'sorry but we can't serve you booze'. if they do serve you booze be a sport and give an extra five bucks on top of what you were going to tip anyways.

advice: if you're wearing a suit and talk authoritatively, they are less likely to card you. I like to go out to eat after work and though I look like im 16 most people assume that I'm an adult if im wearing a suit.

>go with much older people

if everyone looks like they're well over 30 then you are less likely to be carded as they assume you're in the same age and look young, or are younger but that they'd call you out on being underasge if you were.

you can also ask them to order a drink and you just drink it.
>>
>>18641399
>what happens if you try to order one underage?
Why do you care?

You know this site is 18+ right...?
>>
>>18641417

alcohol is 21+ in america.
>>
>>18641399
Kek, they are required to everywhere, but every now and then you get ones who don't check.

I've been to restaurants a couple times and not gotten carded, but this is usually if we're in a big group and they'll card the first couple people and then just assume the rest of us are of age unless we obviously look otherwise. The other times is when I was out with my family. They assume that my father who is obviously middle age would not let his daughter order alcohol if I were underage.

Still though, they can get slammed by the police if they get caught, so most will card to save their own asses. I had a friend who got fired because he forgot to card someone and they ended up being an undercover cop or something going around to check if these establishments are carding.

If you try, 9 times out of 10 they're just gonna not give you any alcohol. They're not gonna call the cops on you, it'd be unlikely they'd even ask you to leave. They just won't sell it to you.
>>
Just do your time OP. You'll be able to drink openly soon enough.

Besides, restaurant drinks are a huge waste of money anyways. They give you a squirt of alcohol and load it up with mixers, then charge you 8 bucks for it.
Just stick to drinking at home for now.
>>
Does it help if I order a drink that most older people like? I would order an old fashioned or a whiskey neat/on the rocks as opposed to some appletini
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.