[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitting on long-time friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1343879687617.gif (643KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1343879687617.gif
643KB, 320x240px
I've fallen in love with a friend of 4 years. She was there for me in a difficult period in life(which continues but not as intensely) and I've grown terribly attached to her -I was always attracted to her to a degree but never thought of hitting on her before.

We're graduating next month and I'd like to get this off my chest.

In the beginning of my last relationship, what I did was sweep the girl off her feet and french kiss her. Works much better than trying to convey my feelings, but is a bit of an aggressive move, and the girl in question is sort of inexperienced, cold and aloof most of the time. Almost certainly, I'm the only heterosexual male she occassionally shows a warmer side to.

What should I do? How do I approach her? How do I say "you've saved my life" without sounding creepy?
>>
>>18640641
I'd suggest to just do what you did in your last relationships. The rule and what to do is still the same like in your previous relationships, don't get cold feet just because the target is your friends for years now.

If it works then you're meant to be together, if not then nothing you could possibly think to say or do would convince your friend anyways.
>>
>>18640657

Whereas my last gf was textbook tsundere and needed to be bullied into submission, she's very different, and I'm scared of alienating her by being too forceful.
>>
>>18640662
If she's seeing you in intimate way or more than friend, you could never being too forceful on her since she'll go with your flow.
The anxiety and cold feet you've got now is due to you've investing your time on her for long (4 years) before striking the iron.

Just do it, man. Don''t let the pain of regret wallowing on you for the rest of life, the pain of rejections are far easier to go by.

Besides should it ends with rejections, you could still be friends, or you could just have made her relaize her own feelings and sparked her interests while it'll take some more time for it to bloom in full.
>>
Doesn't sound to me like she is interested in you romantically. Go for it if you want to, but be prepared for failure.
>>
>>18640714
I've been getting a lot of special treatment, she regularly tries to hang out with me and keeps insisting after multiple rejections, some of which are flat out "I don't want to". But yeah, I'm bracing for impact.
>>18640679
Solid point senpai, thank you. Any tips? I'll do my best to isolate her without being too obvious, or flat out call her and ask her out if i have to, but I'd really prefer the grab+kiss option.

I can't handle being friends with her after doing that. I can barely handle it now, lol
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.