[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images(4).jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
10KB, 275x183px
Hey, I'm heading to college soon as a freshman- and I need a bit of help, mainly in the fact that I have no fucking idea what to study. I'm currently supposed to be going into Pre-Pharmacy stuff, but I don't know if I should. People say there are going to be too many pharmacists in the future, and that automation will fuck them over in the long run.

Besides that, I'm not really passionate about it- I only really enjoy public speaking and electronics. All I want in a job is security and enough time/money to enjoy life with my loved ones. I'd really rather not do anything too crazy in college- engineering and pre-med seem especially difficult things to do, especially since I'm the kind of guy that never had to study much in high school.

Anyone got tips on choosing a major, or college in general?
>>
If you don't know what you want to do, don't go.
>>
>>18639087
I've got a full ride, and really don't wanna waste the opportunity. I worked hard to get scholarships, I just don't know what to do.
>>
>>18639086
figure out whatever youre good at and what pays well. (if money matters to you)
>>
>>18639098
You applied for scholarships without knowing what you wanted to study?
>>
>>18639086
If you're in the US your first 2 years are going to be dominated by required courses and gen ed requirements (Pick one science, one humanities....). You can use what few slots are left to shop around, taking elementary classes in any fields you like. The college may not even make you declare a major at the start, and even if they do, you can always change it.
There are almost no majors that you really have to start in during your first year, and most can wait until at least your third semester.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.