[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for going to uni without a car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: b7r1pjl1b2gz.png (260KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
b7r1pjl1b2gz.png
260KB, 500x500px
So I'm in a sticky situation. My ex girlfriend was driving my car one day and accidentally sideswiped a van, leaving a long scratch. So I figured insurance would be able to cover it. I'm a student with not much money saved up, so my mom has been paying the insurance. What I didn't realize was she had only payed for the next 6 months in January, and not the whole year as I thought.

So here I am without a legally driveable vehicle, or a job because I had been working as a delivery driver and had to quit, having to pay the $1000ish it will cost to repair this guy's van. The insurance company we were with won't take me back because of what happened, and I don't want to take out loans for what will at this point be really expensive insurance from another company. My mom isn't going to pay for more insurance for me because she's pissed off about this situation. So I'm looking at having to just walk places, invest in a bicycle once I get a job and can afford one again, or use my town's limited public transportation. I guess I can ask my roommate or a friend if I really need to use somebody's vehicle, but I don't want to bother people that much.

Idk, I realize this isn't the worst inconvenience to have in the world, but it's stressing me out. Classes start in two days. I live close enough to campus that that part of my life won't be a pain in the ass, but I need to figure out how I'm going to fit in time to buy groceries, look for a job, and do any other miscellaneous things I need to, on top of a pretty heavy course schedule this semester.

And I don't want to self pity too hard but I wanted to go to the gym again, and try to have more of a social life, try to invest in some hobbies, but now idk if I can make it happen. Fuuuuck. So I'm kinda bummed. Anyways do you guys have any tips?
>>
How is a scratch making the car undrivable? Nigga I've seen cars on the highway with the styrofoam part of the bumper being held on one side with yarn and the other side with zip ties.
>>
Ive only had a car and license for a little over a year. Biked most of my life for commute to work. Get a good backpack, a big one that has multiple pockets and is waterproof. Be willing to get up early, bike far and be home late. Scheduling and gauging distance will also be important. Always have money for the bus if you are to tired. if you are serious about this, Get a really good bike. Don be cheap. Make sure it rides smooth, and find one that disassembles easy. Makes getting rides much better.

Also if you go to the gym regularly while biking, you'll get fit fast.

Dont be lazy, hope this helps. Good luck.
>>
>>18638760
Also im 25 for reference on that first part.
>>
>>18638754
Nah man the other car got scratched. My car is undrivable because it's uninsured and at this point I'd be in deep shit if I got pulled over.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.