[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last year I dropped out of high school and got my GED. There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170720_113705_098.jpg (102KB, 701x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170720_113705_098.jpg
102KB, 701x420px
Last year I dropped out of high school and got my GED. There's this art school that I want to go to, and they're saying I need my GED transcript and my highschool transcript. GED transcript is no problem, but my highschool is saying that I will have to pay $4k for my transcript, and my family just doesn't have the money to pay it. Should I just try to work with the art school despite the fact that I don't have my GED (and if so, tips for how to proceed with that), is there some alternative option that I can substitute my highschool transcript with, or am I just shit out of luck?

I'm aware that I can go to community college and get my Associate's and apply to the art school as a transfer, but adding two extra years of math and science and shit is absolutely not worth it to me. I just want to learn the shit that's relevant to what I want to do, and get out. Yes, I know that's not exactly rational, but that's my stance on it.
>>
>>18638703
Don't go to art school. What will it accomplish? I doubt it will open up job prospects. And one cannot be taught art don't you just have to practice it and develops their own style?
>>
>>18638878
I'm actually wanting to study journalism. But yeah, I could totally study all that stuff at home on my own, but my parents want me to go to college, and I don't want to have to take classes completely unconnected to my end goal (specifically math and science), so art school was a compromise we came to. Plus, I mostly write about art things like film and animation and such, so being able to learn in the same establishment as people going into that field seems really beneficial to me.
>>
>>18638703
what the fuck? what country do you live in? nowhere in america will charge $4000 USD for a transcript.
>>
>>18639309
I agree, my highschool literally gave me a free transcript when I asked for one. Everyone needs to send a transcript from highschool to college anyways so its completely inane to think of having to pay 4000 just to pay for a transcript.
>>
>>18638878
Weird how when you look around your room, nearly every object was designed by someone. I wonder if there's some kind of school you could go to where you learn how to illustrate book covers or design lamp shade fabric patterns. Maybe they'd teach you how to make silverware or spin serving bowls.

It's almost like there's some kind of multimillion dollar industry that hires artists and craftsmen. Some kind of... commerical... art. Huh.
>>
>>18638703
>>18639309
>>18639319
>$4000 USD
Bump for this. Hoping OP responds. GED is either USA or Canada, I am wondering what kind of abyssal hell charges a literal four thousand fucking dollars for something you click ctrl + P and print in two minutes
>>
>>18639309
>>18639319
>>18639375
I went to a private school in Oklahoma, so you know I already had to pay up the ass to go there in the first place. I think the reason they're making me pay for my transcript is because I dropped out? I don't really understand it either.
>>
>>18639309
op is dumb enough to consider art school, so they must have thought he'd be dumb enough to fall for a scam
>>
>>18638703
Have the art school request the transcript from the high school. They will almost certainly send it free.
>>
>>18639646
Alright, I'll try this. Thanks.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.