[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

aparment/house hunting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1499532066760.jpg (431KB, 1600x1477px) Image search: [Google]
1499532066760.jpg
431KB, 1600x1477px
I'm 26 and I really, REALLY need to move out of my parents house. I've done it before for 3 months at the max but I've always had someone else who handeled pretty much everthing bill wise and of course they where idiots who usually fucked things over for me. I'm looking to get a place by myself but I have no idea where to start or how to even manage. Do you guys have any tips for someone who is looking to rent their first apartment?
>>
>>18638002
Does it have to be your own apartment? You can usually save half the price by finding a roommate on craigslist or dedicated roommate websites.
>>
>>18638002
I look on places like zillow, rent.com, and craigslist (however craigslist gets iffy, I really research the place before calling and make sure I get the name of the apartment complex).

After searching through rental sites, I pick my favorites and look up their reviews. Weigh out what people complain about and what they like about the place. Anything rated 3/5 or under, I stay away from. Especially places with lots of car break-ins or constant reviews of poor management.

A month's rent is the typical down payment unless you have good credit.

Always go in and scope the apartment out. I rely more on the people's word than the person trying to sell me the place.

>>18638009
Be on the look out for things like this, while they're not all bad. My sister was scammed into renting a room out of a condo, came home one day with a note for forclosure on the door and the place completely emptied out, the owner literally just took off. It really sucked.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.