[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I weird or is she weird?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9669.jpg (47KB, 560x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9669.jpg
47KB, 560x680px
Alright /adv/, this friend and I talk a lot about anything and everything but I tend to have trouble figuring out where her head is at. We had an argument last week that was about marriage and what to do if you're unhappy and have kids.

I said the parents should split and staying for the kids wouldn't be good for anyone. She argues the parents should stay together no matter what, seeing as the children have top priority.

Sounds ok, right? Well, she got really flustered and kept reexplaining and trying to convince me that it made more sense.

I haven't seen her get like that before. It was really strange and kinda sudden. Is there something up with her?
>>
Lacks context to really have a clue. I mean, maybe her parents are about to divorce or she has second thoughts about her partner's commitment or whatever and she projected it onto you.

Having said that without any context it's also possible that she got very frustrated because your viewpoint is very common nowadays. And whereas it's pretty obvious that parents should split if there's a toxic home environment, it is also clear that kids suffer bad consequences from divorce and that many people also split because "the spark is gone" etc. So my guess would be that this tends to enfuriate your friend who finds it selfish and short-sighted etc, and when you as her friend expressed that you also feel this way, you became their spokesperson in her eyes more or less.

If you look around here you see a lot of people projecting stuff onto others ("let me guess, you're the type of loose slut/bitter virgin who...") because it feels good being able to pretend that the very archetype of the person you hate is reading it and you can finally get your shot in. While the real emotion is not aimed towards individual opinions or people, but towards how popular a certain way of thinking is.
My two cents.
>>
>>18637785
Dunno the background of the girl but it's possible her parents divorced and it affected her. My parents divorced and had a whole bunch of issues that I swear to never repeat and that likely makes me stubborn on it.

She's probably really passionate about the issue. It's also possible that the way you spoke to her came off as snarky or as a wise ass. It's impossible to really know. You can't expect every topic to be taken lightly or as easy to let go as debating pepsi vs coke or some other pointless bullshit.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.