[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Changing My Life Around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: goodguy.png (347KB, 397x601px) Image search: [Google]
goodguy.png
347KB, 397x601px
Hello everyone.

My name is Anderson. I am a brazillian STEM student, 19 years old. Kissless virgin and all that.

I live with my parents, don't have a driver's license and don't have a lot of life aside from university and working sometimes. I had a little bit of money left from my last job (unemployed as of now) but my father basically seized it when we went through a bad economic moment.

I have lately decided to be less introverted, since it's been taking a toll on my emotions and life. I am shy, but I don't have any difficulties talking to people after going through the approach part. I do however take people's opinions very seriously (which has caused me problems in the past).

So, these are the steps I have already taken towards being more fulfilled:
>deleted all my games
>have been taking care of myself appearance-wise - have shitty acne on my beard line though (probably hair-pore inflamation, my beard doesn't get thick for some reason. I have an uniform and lenghty beard, but it is as thick as those colorless and thin hairs we have before the beard actually grows)
>have been trying to be more social. Talked to a lot of people in the past few months, more than I have my whole life probably
>have been focusing on my studies and taking them more seriously. Actually having an easier time grasping the topics of classes
>looking actively for a job again since I have more experience now
>still planning on doing more things to enjoy life more - ex.: spend less time in front of a screen, listen to more music, exercise, go outside(even if for a walk)

Any advice for me to be a healthy and successful person?
Now, I know Brazil has a shit reputation - it even has a shit reputation here - but it's actually a lot like your average american city in most places. Any advice regarding interesting places to visit in my age? (club, specific institutions/locations)?
>>
Bumping for interest. I'm brazilian too, gf broke up with me and I'm trying to get more active in general, both to clear my mind and being a better person overall.
>>
File: taking_10_mins_away_by_poporetto.jpg (421KB, 1777x1000px) Image search: [Google]
taking_10_mins_away_by_poporetto.jpg
421KB, 1777x1000px
>>18637597
>>18637823

Better yourself throughoutly, and all will fall in place.

My usual advice (self pasta):
>Become fit- Go to /fit/
>Read the sticky.
>Follow it.
>If you have a hard start, first for a while do this:
>Eat less kcal than you spend.
>Use the app Noom to track calories.
>Caynax & Sworkit apps for free training programs.

>Learn to deal with your feelings.
>Read "How to manage depression with CBT for dummies".
>Use the apps CBT Diary, CBTi Coach and Life Strategy to track your feelings, dreams and fears.

>Organize your life.
>Track your tasks with the apps Taskhammer, Life Strategy, Raise the Bar & My Class Schedule.
>Clean your fucking room. (Cf.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ1uDrdUuds & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBR5v89L6gk).

>Learn to meditate or pray.
>"The Courage to be", "Way of the peaceful warrior", "The concept of anxiety" "The power of now" & "The Way of a Pilgrim" are great places to start.
>Jung's "Red book" to a degree as well.

>Become more social.
>Read "No more Mr. Nice Guy", "how to win friends and influence people", "The 48 laws of power", "How to make anyone fall in love with you" and "The way of the superior man".
>Learn what they offer (write it down on cards) and practice it.
>Join a club/ Hobby group.
>Do social work.
>Go out.

>Sleep more, and more regularly
>Wear fitting clothes.
>Have good hygiene.

>Practice, practice, practice.
>>
>>18638629
Thanks anon. I already did/am doing more than half of these things, maybe I'm on the right way, just have to give it a little time to see how things go. I hope this kind advice suits what OP is looking for.
>>
You're doing great anon.

I'm pretty much on the same boat as you except I'm only going to start college this September and I don't have a job nor live with my parents. How were you able to delete your videogames and become more social? I'm not really introverted, but I also don't go out of my way to participate in stuff that isn't mandatory. Pls help dad.

t. Portugal
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.