[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people get over breakups?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

My first girlfriend broke up with me a little over a month ago. We had been going out for six months. I feel broken. My anxiety and depression have been out of control. I have panic attacks whenever I try to sleep. I'm so fucking lonely. I don't have any friends, I don't have a job, I don't go to school. I only had her. With her, all my anxiety and depression went away. I had a future, a goal. I don't know what to fucking do anymore. My anxiety is so bad that it feels like my body is tearing apart. She blames me for acting like this, too. "Why aren't you over me yet?" Am I strange for being this hurt? I'm so tired of this horrible anxiety, depression, and lonliness. But my anxiety and depression keeps me lonely, and my lonliness keeps me depressed. I feel like I'm going to go insane. I just want to be happy again.
>>
>>18636671
You just go day to day, trying to forget.

Either get a new girlfriend or find happiness in other places
>>
suffer until you don't

or fuck 10 different girls until your ex doesn't become a big deal anymore

idk man, breakups are fucking brutal
>>
>>18636671
You don't.
>>
>>18636671
1. time
2. Keep reminding yourself that it WILL fade eventually and you just have to last it out
3. Immerse yourself in routine and ordinary life. It will distract you.
4. Although this sounds like a contradiction, take up some new activity to distract you.
5. And remind yourself from time to time that a broken heart is evidence that you do have a heart. We sometimes wonder about our capacity to feel, and in an odd way it can be reassuring to learn that you can.
>>
The more beautiful a memory is, the more painful it can become. It can even become terrifying. Both for the one who’s leaving… And for the one left behind.
Assuming that this is your first love,kiss,sex u won't forget it.
>>
>>18636671
First, hang on in there, you won't die, mate.

Second, you can't depend on anybody to be happy. You said she was everything for you, thus, you don't have much of your own and that isn't right. We're here to share our lives with other people, not to let other people make us happy.

With all of that on the table, here's what I've been doing so far, dealing with a break-up of my own.

1) NO CONTACT: that means, no calls, no text, no FB, IG or any social network. Delete her. Block her. This is not for her, it's for YOU.

2) WORK ON YOURSELF: That means hobbies, sport or whatever you like. Even doing anything is fine from time to time. Modern society compels you to have a partner to be happy, and has put loneliness in a very low position. The big lie here is that being on your own is bad, and that is WRONG. You CAN BE HAPPY BY YOURSELF. Don't let media tell you otherwise (Remember: everything you hear in "love" songs, movies, books and poetry is FANTASY. HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS arent like that).

3) If you feel you can't get over ypur ex by your own, go see a therapist (And NO, YOU AREN'T CRAZY). Seeing a therapist has let me see life the way it should be lived, and I've been doing fine. It still hurts, but that is NORMAL. Read about the subject (preferably, books written by psychologists, like Walter Riso, here in Latin America).
The point is, there's nothing wrong in asking for help. We're human beings. We haven't survived this far out of being on our own. We work as a team

Don't forget that THIS WILL PASS. You won't be like this forever.
Be bold, mate. You can do it :)
>>
>>18636671
>She blames me for acting like this, too. "Why aren't you over me yet?"
Better question on her part would have been "Why are you still talking to me?". Seriously mate. No fucking contact is the way to go. You need to get rid of everything that reminds you of her. Talking to her will only prolong your suffering. She'll probably try to get back in touch with you at some point if you do this, in which case don't be the fool that I was and just keep ignoring her.

Good luck OP. Shit sucks but must people went through it and most people got over it. You will too in due time.
>>
>>18636671
>a goal
What goal? If you had a life goal you still have it with or without this one girl unless you consider a gf a goal.

How about a short term goal of getting a job?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.