[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know how to socialize at all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1503064258522.jpg (46KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503064258522.jpg
46KB, 480x542px
>Be 21
>Going to University now
>Don't live on campus, but ever since I started going to school I've been lurking in campus from 10 am (time my first class starts) until like 7:30 pm.
>about a solid 70% of my time is spent on the library just doing my assignments.

I've been so focused in my studies and feeling sorry for myself that I noticed I haven't made much effort in trying to talk to people.

Most of the time I have my headphones in (Dr. Dre beets and shieet) and I'm just jamming music really loudly to drown out the super crowded halls. It feels kinda shitty though seeing almost everybody talking to someone and being social or having people to share a table with in the cafeteria. I usually just order my food to go and eat in the picnic tables by the grass field. Today though I ordered some pizza slices and sat on a table in the cafeteria by myself. I felt pretty isolated honestly.

I don't know how to approach and start a conversation with any of my classmates. And the worst part is that I think I've landed a crush on this cute chick from Veracruz.

The only people I can actually handle having some decent convos with are my professors.

What the fuck do I do? I can't work up the nerve to try and talk to people because I don't feel like it's important, but I feel alone and somewhat awkward just being quiet and not having any friends. And the girl situation is annoying because I can't sit still in class without feeling the need to look at her.

>Inb4 "Shave, stop wearing the trench coat and fedora and get a haircut OP. And stop wearing MLP shit"

I actually dress pretty normie, so I definitely don't look avoidable. Vans, jeans, brand T-shirts, and I'm pretty clean and tidy about my laundry.

Any hints on what to do here guys?
>>
File: download.png (573KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
573KB, 750x500px
Join a club
>>
Join a club. find one that interests you and make an effort to show up. See if you're professors are involved with anything like that. Hang out with other people in your major if something's going on.

Also, this will be really hard, but sometimes you need to bite the bullet and initiate conversation with someone else. It gets easier the more you do it, but you have to give it a push.
>>
>>18636404
Join a club for a thing you like and talk to the people there about the thing that you both like. University is easy mode. Just wait until you are in the real world and not forced into a room with the same group of people every day.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1502933261007.jpg (19KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1502933261007.jpg
19KB, 500x364px
>>18636413
>>18636416
Any clubs you'd recommend? I'm somewhat of an amateur photographer so maybe a photography club? And what do I do If I get caught up with so much school work?

And yeah that's true, and I agree. But the problem is how? I don't wanna give off the creepy impression and I want to have a conversation that can actually hold and not be awkward you know?

>>18636421
I honestly hope I can make it that far, I've just been wanting to die for a while now
>>
>>18636445
>I'm somewhat of an amateur photographer so maybe a photography club?
Sure, that sounds like a great idea.

>And what do I do If I get caught up with so much school work?
That's your preference. You know how much time you have to put into it. Most of this is just balancing out social stuff and responsibilities if you can do that you'll be more prepared for adulthood than a lot of people.

>I don't wanna give off the creepy impression and I want to have a conversation that can actually hold and not be awkward you know?
I've had the same exact thoughts, and still do from time to time. Steer them into talking about common interests, or if you're part of a bigger group just listen and chime in if you have something funny/ important to say. Also remember being social is like a muscle, the more you do it, the stronger it gets.
>>
>>18636464
Thanks for the advice anon, I'm gonna try my best on Monday. You got no idea how much this helps me. I hope you have a good weekend man, thank you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.