[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im about to pop off. Not sure when it started, but its been at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Im about to pop off. Not sure when it started, but its been at least 10 years since ive told someone, in real time to their face "i dont like you/what you are about/what you stand for". To hold off from upsetting people or starting a conflict i bite my tounge and silently run them out of my life. This ghosting is a punishment all its own, we can talk about the effectiveness of this strategy another time. For now, i am seeking advice how to deal with people that not only dont get the hint that i dont want to hang out with them, but how i can express to someone i no longer want them in my life in a civil matter.

This is one of the last barriers to living the life i would like to lead. This particular group of friends treats me like a second rate friend, and always patronizes me as if i should be thankful that i get to roll with thier crowd but i see them as a bunch of basic bitches with real simple taste in entertainment. But, because i dont tell anyone off the meta persists. It wasnt intil just in the last week i realize how stressed out i become thinking about walking into another situation, and how much damage that anxiety does to my mind body soul connection.

If i didnt go too scatterbrain on ya id love to have a chat.
>>
>>18636324

It sounds like you realize ignoring people is great, but you still care, which hurts you.

You need to either erase them and not give a shit (what I do) or care and say something - which I also do, albeit much less often.

It's honestly pretty simple (as most problems are from an outside perspective).

I strongly suggest option one, and finding a better class of person to associate with - option 2 will simply teach you how to tell off a bunch of basic bitches - are they really going to change?
>>
>>18636324
Just block them it's not rocket science. Before you block them say you don't want to be friends anymore.
>>
See, dude, the thing is there is no way for us to be certain that this shit isn't all just in your head.

I have had friends that had the kind of freak-out you're referring to. They'll blow up about how everyone is judging them and shitting on them all the time. Told me that they hated my guts because of what I must be thinking about them.

I didn't know what the fuck he was talking about. He wasn't as outspoken as some of the other people but we would talk about random shit and video games and etc. all the time. I never knew he was seething with this simmering rage the entire time over perceived slights.

The other friends that were there were totally baffled because he exploded on them, too.

Here's a pretty good rule of thumb: if it always seems like everyone else is the jackass, YOU are the jackass.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4IPEBpoad0
>>
>>18636331
Fuck. Yeah, thats kinda how ive felt. Ignoring people, toxic people especially, has put me a couple steps forwards towards the version of myself id like to be. But, the pain ignoring causes people has been to great to ignore, and the things ive done in the name of that pain has set me more steps backwards. I feel in a moment of limbo, thats lasted years, that ive yet to break onto the other side.

I could give a fuck if they change or not. I couldnt care if these people listen to me or want to see what im about. Youre right, telling them off wont do anything and it would be a smoother route to take just cutting them out, but the class of person i want to spend time with is one who doesnt shy away from conflict and right now im someone they would stay away from. Make sense?

Thanks for your words, homie.
>>
>>18636324
Cut them off. If they insist on trying to get into contact after you cut them off, tell them you cut them off on purpose and to stop contacting you. It's really just that easy. If they're the kind of drama queens you imply, it seems like just ignoring their shenanigans and telling them to go away when they try to pull you back is more effort than they'd be willing to put in to keep you around.
>>
>>18636340
My dude, thanks. Good video, seems like a pretty wise man. Going to go down that rabbit hole and see what else hes got to say.
>>
>>18636349
"You can't change people, they can only change themselves."

Took me quite a few years to learn that one.

Good people are hard to find. I read books, listen to music, cook, run, swim, chess, vidya, etc. in the meantime. I figure I just need to survive and be happy - people *do* learn as they get older.

I'm trying to have fun until people pull their heads out of their asses at a better ratio. Good luck!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.