[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any significant downsides to dating a 30+ year old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1451856274514.jpg (59KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451856274514.jpg
59KB, 540x720px
Are there any significant downsides to dating a 30+ year old woman?

I've met a woman who is gorgeous, funny, very compatible with me etc, but she is 31. I'm 27, so not exactly young either.

But why can a woman like this still be single at that age without some serious flaws?
>>
>>18636292

Short answer, no, but you sound stupid so maybe she doesn't deserve you. 4 years ain't shit past 25.

Worst case she wants to make babies due to biological clock.
>>
>>18636292
IDK, why are you still single? Try it and see how it goes, what's the worst that can happen? She's only four years older than you which at your age is really insignificant.
>>
I'm 25 Trying to date a 30 year old. Age really is just a number when you finally find someone you just click with.
>>
I've dated up to 42. Every woman is different so I don't think you can generalize as much as 4chan wants. Other than life experience and social circles I've never seen a huge difference between 25, 30, and 40 as far as what makes them a person. Which was kinda disappointing, since I was hoping for some kind of ara~ara milf fantasy with the 42yo and it turned out be "ok, she's just like a 25-year-old only she makes a ton of money and all her friends are married with grade school children."

There are all kinds of reasons for being single at that age, ranging from benign stuff like just hasn't met the right person, to the stuff that you're probably scared about like personality disorders. Only one way to find out.

In you're case there's practically no age difference. I was 31 when I was dating a 27 woman and all our friends considered that the same age.
>>
i find no difference between young girls and older ones. they all have flaws, the flaws are just different with age. younger girls are naive and stupid, but older women are more malicious and intentional in their behavior. it can be a bad situation no matter what. i'll stick with the 18-20 year olds personally.
>>
>>18636292
>why can a woman like this still be single at that age
She's done a lot of traveling.

She's gotten an extensive education.

She's been focused on something other than relationships most of her life.

She's just super unlucky.

There's a lot of reasons for anyone to be single. Getting hung up on what-if's and maybes is stupid if you genuinely like the person in front of you. Not to say that past actions can't be a predictor of behavior, but even so people change. For no reason. At will. Just get to know her, find out what she really wants out of life, and if it's the same shit you do then roll with it. It's not hard.
>>
>>18636328

This. Plus a lot of people are getting married later and later - the years really sneak up on you. I'm fucking 30 now and I don't even realized wtf happened - seemed like just yesterday I was 24 and all we did was fuck around in each other's apartments, watch tv, eat, go out and play the vidya gaems. Now I'm 30, engaged, somehow found myself in a job that could be an actual real career, got my first new car that I bought with my money, and I'm starting to shit some bricks because my fiance is 29 and shes talking kids + property.
>>
>>18636364

Also I forgot to add that a lot of my female friends are right around 30. Many are just getting around to marriage, others are still dating/cohabiting but not married, and finally some are completely single.
>>
>>18636292
She's probably not a virgin.
The first time she sees you naked, she will be comparing you to all of her other lovers.
Some of them may have been black.
Are you sure you can measure up?
>>
Can I hijack this thread?

I'm in a similar situation to op, except the woman is 39, and I'm 32.

Fertility shouldn't be an issue these days, right? Women can have healthy children right up until 50 now can't they?
>>
>>18636492

Can, but odds get shittier.
>>
>>18636492
Lots of famous actresses seem to have children around her age. Amy Poehler or Anna Faris for example.
>>
>>18636492

Fertility is definitely an issue.

Fewer eggs in a woman's ovaries are viable over time as soon as they start hitting puberty. At first it's a trickle - fertility decreases are miniscule on a year to year basis.

This decrease in fertility, ON AVERAGE, starts to become more pronounced when you hit 30. It's not like you become barren overnight, but women have a finite number of eggs. Where as you might have lost 0.5% of your eggs between the ages of 25 and 26, you might lose 3 or 4% going from 30 to 31. But between 31 to 32 that might increase to 5-7%, then 8-10% from 32 to 33, 11-12% 33-34, another 13-15% 34-35... etc. At 35 you've probably lost more than half of all of your viable eggs and then you'll start to lose even greater numbers where you have a very small number of viable eggs left at 40+ to the point where pregnancy is statistically unlikely (and you'll have to be doing all kinds of fertility treatments and be trying very very hard while spending lots of money).

Some would argue that it would be irresponsible to even try since the risk for genetic defects and complications during pregnancy/childbirth increases. When you're 44 or 45, a safer and possibly even cheaper route would be to just have someone else have the baby for you.

I dunno man, if she hasn't take some steps by 39 I would question if she ever wants kids at all. If she has some eggs frozen or something I'd kinda understand, but....
>>
>>18636538
I think she wants kids, but for whatever reason hasn't found the right man. I'm hoping it's not some issue with her, but I guess I'll find out.
>>
>>18636292
Depends on the country what country you from?
>>
>>18637266
Australia.
>>
>>18636303

I agree with this post. I don't think you are mature enough to appreciate an older woman for a long-term relationship and commitment...sorry. You're looking at it with the wrong mindset. What is the point of a relationship when mathematics are involved? This compatibility crap is immature, to be honest. You may be better off with a 21-25 year old young woman that fits your physical criteria, and is like a sponge, eager to experience an adult relationship with a man that fits her criteria as well.

If you both just want to have sex, then do it, have fun for a bit and move on.

But I sympathize as I've somewhat been in your shoes before. As men with little life experience, we tend to think logically, it's normal but immature. I dated a single mother that was 7 years older...no big deal but it didn't last because our values didn't align. I am now in a 2 year relationship with a mother of 2 that is older than I by 4 years, and going to propose in a year or 2. I don't want children, so i wasn't looking for a "prime specimen". I was putting my faith in God to connect me with a real woman that cares the way i do. And voila! I am now a happy camper.

All this to say that you need to man up and know what it is you want in a relationship and not be afraid of going forward. Trusting the specs is a dumb approach.

If she's childless, and you both want children in the future, then go for it. Your age gap is very small.

Now, all this being said, you both need to date and learn about each other's values. If it keeps connecting, then just keep going.

Good luck!
>>
>>18637322
Well there isn't really any problem. I'm seeing a 30 something neighbour who's a solid 8/10 qt.
If you want kids you want to hurry up fast as the biological clock is ticking rather quickly. That's the only problem.
>>
>>18636292
Main concern would be in fertility and general reproduction health.

Lots of fertility problem and risks with 30+ year old women.
I get it that technology's become more advanced, yet it's perhaps still in early stages and expensive to be accessible without breaking bank in long term.
Bit anecdotal cases are my 32 year old colleague who's having a hard time having a baby while her 25 year old sister is fine and now anticipating for another.
Then another one, a 29 year old whose baby born prematurely and got lots of health related problem.
You could also look up in google the changes in general for the fertility and offspring healths as women become older.

Nothing yet to fully replace youth in women for her prime fertile condition
>>
To be the dissenting opinion, tread lightly if you get signals that something is off in their behavior. In my experience, it always runs deeper and shouldn't be forgotten as a one-off instance.
>>
>>18636292

There's plenty of people out there who aren't just going to settle for whatever the best option they found in their 20s was. She may have been perfectly capable of getting wifed up, but the offers might have come from all of the wrong dudes. If you get married or attached just because you're getting older and think you won't be able to do any better, you're in the fast lane for a divorce in your mid thirties.

I'm 31 with a good amount of girls totally clamoring for me, but I see no need to do anything but focus on myself until I meet someone that really makes me want to drop everything to be with her.
>>
>>18637071
My mother was 38 when I was born. She was very at odds with contemporary common sense while I was growing up. I'm 27 now and she's completely out of touch with the world, we only had a meaningful relationship until I was about 20 and then age-based neurological degradation hit her like an avalanche. She can't learn new things for shit so it's hard to bond. I realize that this varies amongst people, but I don't recommend having a kid with your 39 year old spouse/whatever.

That's the main concern, but I was also born with Asperger's Syndrome, and no, it's not self-diagnosed. I'd say that worry over congenital defects should be less prominent for you because it's statistically less likely, but it should still be a serious concern. When you're cursed like me it's some serious shit. I also have pectum excavatum and my musculature developed slightly wrong.
>>
This is a huge fetish of mine and I'm comin to terms that I need to just jerk off to it and move on. Not that I'm bashing OP. Just felt like saying this gets me hard as diamonds. Also, I'm 27.
>>
>>18637380
That isn't universal by any stretch. I'm 35. Wife had our first kid at 30 and is pregnant again now at 33. Both times she got pregnant from ONE try. Literally first shot. And our first was the easiest pregnancy imaginable. No sickness, no tiredness, nothing.

My ex had her most recent kid at 36 and she was perfectly healthy too. It isn’t as much of a concern as you think.
>>
>>18636292
First, everyone has flaws.

Second, that's why you date her. To figure out what her flaws are, and see if you can put up with them.
>>
>>18636292
she's a depreciating asset. you are about to enter your prime in terms of money earning potential where as in the next 10 her appearance is going to get significantly worse.
>>
>>18636292
is this chess game live? I'll help you beat her if you give me a better pic of the position
>>
She will want to have kids NOW.
That's the only thing i can think of.
>>
>>18638398
This.

Pump and dump any woman over 25.
>>
A single woman without kids in her thirties likely has ridiculously high standards for a long term mate. More so if she has never married and/or is a high paid professional.

A woman that age who is even moderately attractive has had hundreds of potential suitors. There has to be some reason why she's not with one of them.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.