[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I need a bit of guidance. I'm a scuba diver for a living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0272.png (871KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0272.png
871KB, 640x1136px
Guys I need a bit of guidance. I'm a scuba diver for a living but I've recently started smoking. Like, a lot. Obviously this isn't a good mix so I want to get out of it. I use it as a means to stop anxiety and from feeling nervous, so I kinda rely on it at the moment. What tactics can I use to get me out of it, because I can already feel it slowly killing me. Thanks.
>>
>>18636284
I don't know smoking, but I know drinking
The problem is boredom
Find things to fill your life
Cook, clean, exercise, watch TV, read books before bed.

I'm reading a cool book about a bunch of divers living in a deep sea rift going insane
>>
>>18636284
Get an e-cig, the gum, or cold-turkey it.

It's all down to will-power. Are you a slave to your desires or are you the master of your universe?
>>
>>18636284
Realize that you may always want it, that there is no "insta-perma-cure"

Then determine that you don't want that, you want -this- whatever this is.

This stuff literally comes down to your decisions - there is no other way. You have to physically rewire the connections of your brain - by constantly making choices - in order to succeed.

No one else can do it for you, because no one can mind control anyone. It -is- possible. It's just up to you. Which is, when you look at it, quite liberating. People with cancer don't have the choices you have, for example.

Good luck.
>>
OP here, thanks for the support. I specifically do it when I'm out drinking, and talking to girls. So I'm looking for a substitute because desu it's messing my career up.
>>
>>18636284
Stop smoking.

Learn edibles.

You get your medicine and don't fuck up your lungs.

Thank me later.
>>
>>18636284
usually choline gets rid of drug addictions so i hear
>>
I scuba. You didn't specify weed or cigarettes so I'll advise on both since I use both.
Weed won't hurt your lung capacity and may improve it when used in moderation. Doesn't sound like you're ripping bongs daily so no worries there.
Cigs will fuck your lung capacity beyond belief. I quit smoking (again) about 5 days ago after having been on and off for the past year or so (and not smoking before that). It really destroys your lung capacity and you will burn air / nitrox like a motherfucker. Quit now.
>>
>>18636783
You legend, thanks.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.