[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrong to dump friend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Here's your damn strike.gif (923KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
Here's your damn strike.gif
923KB, 245x200px
So we're both 27, I've working at a bank since I graduated college. I'm moving up in the company ladder and I'm happy with where my career is.

My friend is 27 and hasn't had a full time since graduating. He's working the same part time job he's done since high school and hasn't really made a step anywhere in life since he was 16.

I'm just frustrated by his lack of motivation to do anything. I come late a night from work and he has to hit me up about how he's played video games all day and smoked a ton of weed. It's just annoying. I want to end it with him but people said it's elitist and I'm snobby for thinking so.
>>
>>18636172
If you don't like him don't be his friend. It would be elitist if you cut contact only because you have a better job but from what I read that's not the case.
>>
>>18636172
It's entirely possible to enjoy a friend's company without considering what they are doing career wise. A good friend would might even help the guy out of a rut if he really cared. I've done it before and my friends have helped me.

That being said if you don't like the guy you don't like the guy.
>>
If he's happy where he's at and able to take care of himself I don't really see why you have a problem with it.

Maybe he really is the smartest dude in the room, and that's from someone with an engineering degree. I'm sure grass is always greener but I definitely have moments I wish I had just moved somewhere with a livable minimum wage, worked a simple job and lived a modest life.

But if you don't have enough in common to talk about when you're hanging out and it's frustrating you to that degree you might as well not be friends. Chances are you're being a dick to him too. Elitism has nothing to do with it. Time is short, hang with the people that make you happiest. Don't make it about where he's at in life- You just don't have anything in common any more. And its okay to go your separate ways, doesn't make either of you bad people.

Idk dude make sure you've made peace with yourself too, sounds like part of this might be (understandable) jealousy and unrest with your life. Of course we all wish we could sit around and play vidya all day. I don't mean that in a "YOURE JUS JEALOUS" way but as a high achiever make sure youre taking care of your own mental wellbeing my dude
>>
>>18636242
He did have a job offer once from a woman he knew that would have set him up. He turned it down because he didn't want to be drug tested.

The career thing is just a microcosm of everything else going on. I was a real loser in everywhere back in high school. I worked hard to try to turn things. I would be nice to have someone who understands or at least trying.
>>
>>18636172
I'm roughly the same age as your friend and I'm in the same position
It's easy to say "You lazy faggot all you do is smoke weed" but have you considered the idea that he smokes so much because he is rejected so much?

I keep applying for jobs and none of them call back. I'm not a moron. I have good grades and was on the Dean's List when I graduated. Can I get a job? Fuck no. I don't know anyone in the industry so I don't get any callbacks.
The market now is fucked. Either you get extremely lucky or you know someone who is already there.

Think about this. How many people in your highschool when to college? Me? All of them. Every last one.
How many positions are available? Like 5?
Most people get fucked. Don't hate them because of it
>>
>>18636264
Why is it important to you that he "understands" your personal growth?

If he's a dick then yea don't hang with him. I was in his shoes at one point and turned it around. I wasn't a dick by any means but I was watching my peers move on by until I stepped my shit up, I may or many not have been able to do it without their support however. I'm glad that in some form or fashion we all stay close.

>He did have a job offer once from a woman he knew that would have set him up. He turned it down because he didn't want to be drug tested.

Sounds like he may be "depressed" who know? Either way introduce him to the magical world of fake piss. Your basic drug test is piss easy to pass with substitution.
>>
>>18636172
>I'm just frustrated by his lack of motivation to do anything
Why? Are you his mother or his girlfriend?
>>
OP touched a nerve with all the NEETs :)
>>
>>18636353
He is his friend dipshit. Probably not for long cuz the neckbeard plays vidya and gets high all day.
>>
>>18637410
Friends shouldn't be concerned about things like that. Why would OP care about his friend's career?
>>
>>18637421
Why shouldn't he?
>>
>>18636172
I dont see a problem since he is your friend.Hes life,hes choice. You have your own life to deal with without poking your nose in others.

If he is something more then that, dump his lazy ass if he doesnt want to change.
>>
>>18636172
Yeah, you're being a cunt here. If he's not complaining and whining about his life 24/7, his career advancement is none of your business.
>>
>>18637542
>a guy making something for himself and making a living NEEDS to remains friends with a neckbeard neet

You neets crack me up
>>
>>18637549
I didn't say that he needs to be doing anything. But if his only complaint is that this guy isn't advancing professionally, then he's being a cunt. That's all.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.