[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

forced to go on vacation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

in conversation with the in-laws who like to travel a lot and my gf, the idea came about of taking a plane to go to Toronto for a weekend in a few months. I know they want to go see a play and walk around and eat in restaurants and all that.

We already have smaller but still great trips planned the month prior and after, both one weekend long with the hotel and all.

I said I was not interested in going on that Toronto trip because it's expensive and I already feel we're doing enough things, but I was met with very sadly surprised in-laws and a very mad girlfriend.

On one hand I now feel bad that I'm "ruining" the whole thing for not wanting to go with them, but I'm also angry that they're pushing a 300$+ expense on me with no regards to my desires and financial preferences. I can afford the trip no problem, but I don't want to spend that cash on yet another "omg we have to do this it would be great" trip.

Who's in the wrong here? Am I retarded for not allowing myself to be convinced into going or are they retarded for thinking I'm a boring asshole who doesn't understand what's good in life?

(pic is just some random google image result I know it's not Toronto)
>>
>I could afford a third vacation I just don't want to

Boo fucking hoo first world problems. How about do something nice for your girlfriend instead of being a tit about it because you don't feel like going to Toronto?
>>
File: 1374461559928.jpg (20KB, 377x396px) Image search: [Google]
1374461559928.jpg
20KB, 377x396px
>>18636145

Are you honestly sitting at your computer bitching because your loving family and girlfriend want to spend time with you on a vacation that you have more than enough disposable income to afford?

"Forced" to go on vacation? What is wrong with you?
>>
>>18636161
>>18636154
>>18636154
I'm very frugal at heart and don't spend much money. I plan trips carefully and try not to indulge in excess. Gf is the opposite, although somewhat reasonably so.

I'm honestly going to take that sort of criticism seriously because I feel I may be overdoing it. It's just that for example I don't enjoy plays except for a very select few. They're planning to go to some random one. I hate that they assume you'll pay even if you don't like it and it doesn't matter because "it's a good time". Repeat that over and over for lots and lots of details and you start feeling like you're not really "considered" in the whole picture. "Just follow along you dummy"
>>
>>18636177

Shut the fuck up and go on vacation with your loving family you privileged sack of shit.
>>
>>18636145

No man, if you don't want to go, don't fucking go.

Now, would you go, even if you didn't have to pay? If yes, tell them you will go if they pay.

Now, would you still not go, even if your GF breaks up with you? Well then you don't love her and that's fine (her happiness is not an essential ingredient to your own). And don't go.

Fuck what everyone else says about appeasing people. Make your choices, you own up to you at the end of the day.

Just carefully consider it. Is it worth it? Is the relationship worth sacrifice? If yes, suck it up. If not, fuck em.
>>
>>18636187
Really the best advice. Also a miser and a spendthrift is a recipe for disaster. The number one problem in relationships is money issues.

I'm not saying to break up OP. Relationships require sacrifice if you want to make them work however.
>>
>>18636145
Don't get pressured into doing things. It sets a bad precedent. Next time your gf wants something you don't she will nag you untill you cave in because you would have shown her that she can play you how she wants previously. It's not like you never go to vacations anyways so she can't make the argument that you are boring. Stand your ground mate, that's what I have to say.
>>
>>18636205
Glad you understand anon.
4 outcomes - he suffers, she suffers, they suffer, or they figure it out through personal growth
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.