[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scammed THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2554.jpg (80KB, 800x450px)
IMG_2554.jpg
80KB, 800x450px
Has anyone else been scammed hard by Irs impersonators. Almost gave them money they seemed legit.
Been getting recorded calls from a Pennsylvania phone number claiming to be the Irs and that I have four federal charges against me. Called them back at ...

Cont'd after enough reply
>>
File: IMG_2552.jpg (113KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2552.jpg
113KB, 800x800px
>>18635791

Been getting recorded calls from a Halifax PA phone number claiming to be the IRS and that I have four federal charges against me. Called them back at 7178966719 and guy Kept saying if I hung up or was disconnected my file would be sent to the courts and I would be arrested. Kept asking how much money I had. Eventually sent my case to the head investigator. Said I was facing 3-5 years in prison.
Kept asking how much money I had and if it was cash or debit. I kept saying I'd have to borrow the money and they would repeat "do you have the money". And I would repeat I would have to borrow it. She asked if My address was my old one from before I moved six years ago. I said no and gave her my zip code. Eventually the head director got frustrated and asked if I thought this was a joke. That if I didn't have the money she would have to send it to court. I finally just said yeah I have the money which I don't. I have like a hundred dollars. She wanted me to drive to target and get a prepaid gift card worth 1000 dollars. That's where I drew the line and said just arrest me and hung up. They called back but twice but didn't answer.

Anyone else experience this ? What happened
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>18635798
A scam happened? What are you confused about?
>>
>>18635836
I'm confused why u such fuckboi
>>
The IRS can't afford to call people on the phone. If the IRS wanted to get money from you, you would receive a certified letter, not a phone call.

/thread
>>
>>18636040
This. The IRS will literally never call you about anything ever.
>>
goddamn you're stupid
>>
>>18635791
oh anon you goofus, if you had four federal charges against you then you wouldn't be getting a phone call, you would be getting a knock at your door. this goes for any warrants or charges.
>>
There's a fucking wild article out there somewhere about this one guy who used to fuck with the IRS scammers.

Eventually he went along with one scheme all the way up to the point of paying the scammers off. Then he very soberly and intently explained to them that they're ruining lives, resulting in some weeping on the other end of the line.

Shit was twisted as fuck.
>>
>>18635791
Careful what you say on the phone though!
Not American, but people here sometimes record and cut your answers so you will agree to buy stuff or something.
And of course that's highly illegal, but unless you try and do something about it, ignoring any letters sent to you basically means you agree to pay.
>>
>>18635791
ABSOLUTELY NO federal agency, bank, insurance company or utility will contact you first by phone or email.

If you have a legitimate debt they will write you a paper letter.

This is absolutely 100% always the case.

So any phonecall or email is a scam. Period.

(That is not to say that every paper letter is legitimate either. Phone them - NOT at the number on the letter, but on a number you get from the phonebook - to verify)
>>
>>18635791
I get about 4 of these a day now.
One pretending to be irs
Another faking my elec company
Another pretending to be my inaurance providers
Another trying to be debt collectors. (While i have no debts to speak of)

If it matters they will send you a letter or knock on your door, and you shouldn't give any shits untill then either.

Then again, if you kept your finances in order and recorded properly, youd have known this was a scam after the first sentance.
>>
>>18635791
If you are dumb enough to think the IRS would demand $1000 from a target gift card you deserve to lose your money.
>>
>>18635798
Yeh its a scam. Most business' dont even email personal details. And never ask for details over the phone apart from security questions
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.