[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: crying.png (47KB, 650x773px) Image search: [Google]
crying.png
47KB, 650x773px
I've been looking at various religions but I feel insecure about which one I belong to.

white paganism seems like a joke and it just seems like if you took Skyrim and tried to make a religion out of it. It doesn't seem appealing to me at all beyond live action roleplaying.

While I like some parts of Christianity, I do not agree with parts of its theology at all. I do not believe God is in three parts. I believe that God is a being that transcends time and space, I also do not like how the message of God in Christianity has been streamlined to appeal to western culture by doing everything from incorporating pagan traditions, which makes me really uncomfortable as I assume God would get mad at something like that happening, to incoporating rock music in some Portestant sects. To an outsider, it feels hollow and like it's more based on expansion rather than theological development.

islam's version of god seems ok theologically, but the religion in actual practice is in complete chaos and many people within it are violent, it also seems to suffer the expansionist problem that Christianity has

Judaism, so far, is the one I agree with the most on a theological level. I also agree with several aspects of their culture with how every man should be as educated as possible and should spend time connecting with God, but there are no temples near me, and everybody else hates Judaism.

Help me, /adv/. I just want God. I don't care about politics or race at this point, I just want to be a servant of God and be with a tribe.
>>
God is for beta cucks.

Become enlightened. It's liberating, really.
>>
>>18635759

How do i become enlightened?
>>
>>18635756
>everybody else hates Judaism.
Stop going to /pol/
>>
If you want to commune with God then why bother with doctrine. You can nitpick the big ones all you like and try and pick with moral economics in mind but in the end what it comes down to is your personal relationship with God. If you want answers you need only look inside yourself - god has instilled you with the tools you need to understand your nature. Every major religion has distorted the name of God to suit their needs over time, and if you think that religion is all about serving god then you are gravely mistaken. The religious man fears god and serves man. The man of God serves god, and no other.
>>
I'm in a... similar situation.

I've been agnostic-atheist for about 7 years. It's exhausting. I grew up Christian and can't help but view Christians as believers in fairy tales. I don't mean that in a mean way, believe it or not. Living without a higher power is rough, and helps you realize why we have (and possibly created) them.

I dated a girl for about a month who had a stroke at about 15 yo. She was 23 at the time. We got drunk one night and she stared at me for about 30 seconds with wide eyes before saying: "I ate my soul" and "I ate part of your soul".

I don't know. After that, and being in the presence of *those* words, I've been even more agnostic than usual.

Hell, I even lost my virginity to her which makes it even creepier.

Sorry, venting some of my own shit.

Personally, I've tried to get into Buddhism, but growing up Christian has caused me to be intuitively Christian. Other religions just don't feel "natural" to me. At the same time, of course, I have very deep issues with Christianity.

So yeah, no right or wrong answers, man. Give it some time. Don't fret about it. Breathe, go to sleep, drink some tea, or meditate. The questions that plague us aren't solved overnight.
>>
I think that if there is a God, he's not really something our human minds could fully comprehend. It would be like trying to imagine a new color or what the fourth dimension looks like. That being said, I think that there was something that created the first living organism. It doesn't necessarily have to be supernatural--for all we know, there could be all sorts of crazy things happening that would seem supernatural or within the laws of the universe, but we just don't know those laws yet. Like how my grandfather thinks God makes plants grow towards the sun, when in actuality it's not a supernatural process at all. And when creating the first living organism, it might not have even been a conscious effort. It might just be that whatever entity or being did it, it was just a side effect of it existing. Like how a bird poops and a tree sprouts from one of the seeds. The bird didn't actively plant the tree there, it just happened as a side effect from the existence of the bird.

I'm awful at explaining my beliefs, but I'm getting off track here anyways. The point is that you can believe in some kind of special thing that deserves to be respected, without it being "God" or a specific religion
>>
>>18635813
>A small group of retarded white trash did Hitler salutes at a protest to be extra edgy
>This equates to "everybody hates Judaism"
>>
File: 1497678080722.png (1MB, 698x6592px) Image search: [Google]
1497678080722.png
1MB, 698x6592px
Give this a read OP.
>>
>>18635756
A religion that you can pick and choose parts that like or agree with is just a glorified social club. You're searching for a faith like they're laid out on a buffet when you should be searching for truth, and whatever truth you find you have to go with it or reject it. For example, let's say the Christian God is the real God. You think he cares if you don't like some parts of the Bible or disagrees with it? No, he's God and you know nothing that's why you're seeking. You're in no position to evaluate theological doctrine when you don't even know if there is a God.
>>
>>18635965

i'm not browsing faiths, as I said judaism on a tehological level is the best one to me but the nearest temple is like 70 miles away from me
>>
File: empty-tomb.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
empty-tomb.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>18635756
Try this, OP, and other Anons, too:

https://beliefmap.org/

To go deeper, try:

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/popular-articles/jesus-of-nazareth
>>
Read mindfulness in plain English and Hardcore Zen. Religions are bullshit man, only in the dharma can you be aware that desire is suffering and find some level of peace.
>>
Catholicism is pretty cool, lot of history and theology
>>
>>18635756
I know exactly what you fee
I want to believe in God
I want to believe the world was created and that there is a plan.

But if you look at all closely at the history of any religion and it's obvious that there is no divine will there. It's all just mortal men arguing

Why didn't God strike down Arius?
If God exists and Jesus is divine, why didn't God/Jesus strike down Arius only 200 years after Jesus?
I mean, I accept the logic that God doesn't do miracles now because.... It's too late or something
But why not only 200 years after Jesus was born?
When there were old people who could remember their great grand parents talking to Jesus?
Is that not close enough?
>>
>>18635759
you got that wrong
No God is literally for beta cucks. Most atheists I know are either full beta or numales
>>
You don't always need to follow a religion the way the majority follows it. Sometimes, you can have your own twist on Christianity/Judaism. God is a concept most humans can never fully understand and I believe all well founded religions have some truth to them, though they are more like missing pieces of a larger jigsaw puzzle
>>
>>18635788
Advaita Vedanta
>>
>>18636211
>But if you look at all closely at the history of any religion and it's obvious that there is no divine will there. It's all just mortal men arguing

humans are not a perfect creation with free will in mind. Our minds can be corrupted by greed and delusions. People have differing opinions no matter what way you look at it, because we are all quite unique inside.
I never believe that God ever made a miracle in this material world outside the body of Jesus Christ Himself and other prophets to some degree.
>>
>>18635818
Do you see the possibility of a Universe created through a supreme being or force that doesn't have to be a humanly being, but a spirit?
>>
>>18635788
By your own intelligence.
In that moment, you will be... euphoric.
>>
first direction is finding yourself

the problem you have is not up in the sky, or down below earth, but inside of you

constantly trying to find exterior motivation will only lead to obsession and will only use as a cover for your own weaknesses

accept yourself for who you are and then you will find god
>>
Look up Swedenborg anon! Reading about his work made me agnostic-theist instead on an atheist.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.