[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christian /adv/ice General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 21

File: 1482580761797.jpg (46KB, 724x446px) Image search: [Google]
1482580761797.jpg
46KB, 724x446px
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

This is a Christian /adv/ice thread. Everybody is welcome to share and receive Christian /adv/ice. God Bless.

Join us in prayer and worship - https://www.youtube.com/user/ihopkc/live

READ THE BIBLE
http://www.biblica.com/bible/reading-plans
LISTEN TO THE BIBLE
http://www.divinerevelations.info/documents/bible/esv_mp3_no_ot_2ndversion
WATCH THE BIBLE
https://fullbiblemovies.blogspot.ca/
>>
>>18635629
hail satan
>>
>>18635629
I want to be Christian. I really do.
But I've read too much history to ever believe that Christianity is the work of God.

The only reason why you are Christian is because the Roman Empire converted in its deaththrows.
Why did Constantine claim to have converted? Because he was playing to the people.
Just pandering

If Christian God was the honest and true and real and the only god, then He wouldn't require petty politics to be widespread
>>
File: 1497512817812.jpg (104KB, 490x518px) Image search: [Google]
1497512817812.jpg
104KB, 490x518px
>>18636030
As much as you believe this, I doubt any of it is verifiable. We don't even know what exact time we were born ourselves, if so, then how do you claim you know how Christianity was spread back then? God can work in situations to further spread the gospel, for every time under Heaven is appointed by Him. Jesus Christ said that Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but His Words will never pass away. And when the gospel is spread to the four corners of the Earth, then the end will come. We are nearing this time.
>>
>>18636163
If you can't believe books, why believe the Bible?
>>
File: 1494750044415.jpg (67KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
1494750044415.jpg
67KB, 1024x512px
>>18636165
Because it's called faith.

>Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)

And if you believe upon the Lord, that is credited to you as righteousness.

>Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness. (Genesis 15:6)

This is why, once you die, your eternal fate is sealed. By that point, you don't need any faith, it requires 0% faith. If you die without believing in Jesus Christ and accepted Him as your personal Saviour, you die in your sins. The penalty of any sin in front of an Almighty and Holy Creator is eternal.

This is where you need to do your part. This is where I do my part. I simply trust in the Bible. I simply Trust in Jesus Christ. I simply trust in Him and read His Word everyday. I repent of my sins and I pray. You need faith, just believe.

>Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. (John 20:29)
>>
>>18636174
Why do you find other believers of faith to be wrong?
What's wrong with Mormons, Muslims, Hindus, or Scientologists?
>>
>>18636178
What is truth?
>>
>>18636183
At the basic level, what we see with our eyes

When that isn't enough, it's what we read that doesn't contradict what we see
>>
>>18635629
You people should all be burned on the stake and stretched boiled sliced and diced and everything else your sick perverted megalomaniac anti-humanist cesspool of rotten excrement has brought to the earth. Religion is a perversion of truth and true nature of humans.
>>
>>18635629
I just want a good christian gf but it's impossible to find in this day and age.
>look in churches
Idk about you, but where I live most the people attending are old.
>>
>>18636192
What if what you see differs from what others see?
>>
>>18636352
What we see is all the same
What we interpret, however, is different
>>
>>18636354
Well if what we walk away with, after seeing something, is our interpretation, and truth is the result of seeing something then wouldnt the truth be different for each person if what we interpret is not all the same as you say?
>>
>>18636178
Mormons are polythiests. Muslims combined several religions. Hinduism is made up of several different mythos, and don't get me started on scientologists. Trinitarian monotheism is the only coherent system theologically.
>>
File: 1485852430255.jpg (210KB, 973x630px) Image search: [Google]
1485852430255.jpg
210KB, 973x630px
Curious for all you non-believers

What do you think happens after we die?
>>
>>18636390
Nothing
Everyone agrees that hurting the brain hurts who we are as a person
Look at Phineas Gage.

We are our brains. We as a person is an expression of our brain organ, just like bile is by the liver
No brain, no mind.

When our brain stops working, we stop existing.
>>
>>18636384
And why are they all wrong?
Remember, don't use the Bible, because they have their own Bibles

Why are they objectively wrong?
Flat Earthers are objectively wrong. I can use a stick and some shadows to show why.

The great Creator should be obvious, right?
>>
>>18636390

What do you think happens to us before we are born?
Same deal.
>>18636392 is almost certainly right.

That said, no one (and I mean no one) knows. Everyone wonders, and sooner or later, everyone finds out.
I don't worry about it though - what'd be the point.
>>
>>18636392
>No brain, no mind.
That's simply not true. We have a spirit and a soul which separates us from animals.
>>
File: 1484980292590.gif (216KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484980292590.gif
216KB, 320x240px
>>18636400
>What do you think happens to us before we are born?
We are created at conception, this is why abortion is murder.
>>
>>18636030
Christians have never been promised that we would be without sin. Quite the opposite: the Church pulls sinners into her bosom. We expect Christians to be the worst of the worst, for the healthy are in no need of a doctor.

But Christ came for all.
>>
>>18636405
Why do you believe that?
If we had "soul" independent of our bodies, why does bodily harm (i.e. brain damage) change our personality?
If we are just souls inhabiting meat-robots, then no damage done to our bodies should change how we think.
But we know it does
The Brain is our Mind
>>
>>18636417
So you're saying that Christianity spread like oil scum on water?
>>
>>18636409
If I was nothing before I was born, and it didn't bother me in the least, then why would it bother me to be nothing again?

Answer: it wouldn't.
Also obvious bait is obvious
>>
File: 1494988966812.jpg (230KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494988966812.jpg
230KB, 1280x960px
>>18636419
>Why do you believe that?
And why do you believe what you believe? How are you so certain that we are without a soul and a spirit? Of course we feel pain when something happens to any part of our body, as long as we are in this body, we inhabit it and all of its sensory perceptions.
>>
>>18636430
Because of what I said
This isn't an abstract experiment
Changing the brain changes how people feel
If souls, (i.e. that person's true being) wasn't affected by brain damage, why did Phineas Gage turn into an aggressive after his brain was damaged?

Look, since the 50s we can target parts of the brain to elicit specific responses.
That says that what we experience is due to our brains and only due to our brains

Prove to me otherwise. Tell me that our experience is due to something else.
If I'm in brain surgery and surgeon pokes my brain, why do I feel something? If my soul is incorporeal, why does brain stimulation change me?
>>
File: 1486071497170.jpg (129KB, 811x448px) Image search: [Google]
1486071497170.jpg
129KB, 811x448px
>>18636426
>If I was nothing before I was born, and it didn't bother me in the least, then why would it bother me to be nothing again?
That's not an answer, that's your opinion. It doesn't make it the truth. What is truth? How do you know what you just said is definitely true. You can strongly believe it to be the case because that's what you think, but that doesn't make it true.

Many people before Copernicus believed the Earth was the center of the Universe, does that make it true? Job's friend postulated the Nature of God while Job was suffering, were they right because of their logical conclusions? No, in fact God rebuked them later on. Again, what is truth?

We have a spirit, like angels, we are created beings and are immortal. God is eternal, because He has no beginning and no end. Angels on the other hand, are immortals because they were created. We are eternal beings to, the question is, where will we end up after we pass from this Earth?
>>
>>18636443
>We have a spirit, like angels, we are created beings and are immortal. God is eternal, because He has no beginning and no end. Angels on the other hand, are immortals because they were created. We are eternal beings to, the question is, where will we end up after we pass from this Earth?

That's not an answer, that's your opinion. It doesn't make it the truth. What is truth? How do you know what you just said is definitely true. You can strongly believe it to be the case because that's what you think, but that doesn't make it true.
>>
>>18636430
Avoiding the question.
The person who makes the claim needs to back up the claim.
How are you certain we aren't made of 3 and a half tiny grape robots who work in tandem to synthesize what you call a soul?
It's how my religion works. Says right here in the grape pie book.

...but you won't change so why even try haha
>>
>>18636449
Exactly, my statement is just as valid as yours. So who's in the right here? What is truth?
>>
>>18636443
Not only is it an answer, you told me the same thing "we are created at conception"...

So, now you're taking back your own "truth," followed up by irrelevant rambling.
>>
>>18636454
There or may not be a "god" or "gods" but if there are I don't think they are anything remotely to what we can conceive.

However it is human nature to consider us "special" and the center of the universe. There's a big universe out there, I think it's arrogant to assume one has it all figured out.
>>
File: 1484273004805.png (143KB, 600x500px)
1484273004805.png
143KB, 600x500px
>>18636450
>Avoiding the question.
Not avoiding the question, this is called the Socratic Method where we ask questions in order to get to the bottom of it.

>How are you certain we aren't made of 3 and a half tiny grape robots who work in tandem to synthesize what you call a soul?
And how are you certain that is the case? You are the one bringing about this claim, so back up your claim. If you so strongly believe what you believe in, then you need to back up my claim. I believe in Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God who came in the flesh. If you believe upon His Name, you will be saved. You can ask me questions about my faith, I am just as right to ask you question of yours.
>>
>>18636462
>You are the one bringing about this claim, so back up your claim.

Exactly.

>The person who makes the claim needs to back up the claim.

Remember when I wrote this?

You seem to be very, very stupid :(

But I am even dumber for engaging with someone who only uses flawed circular reasoning, if at all, to back up their imaginary friends.
>>
File: 1474726976297.png (871KB, 1300x860px) Image search: [Google]
1474726976297.png
871KB, 1300x860px
>>18636459
We agree life begins at conception, but we are spirit and even after our bodies pass away, we still go on into eternity. The question is, where does one end up and spend for eternity?
>>
>>18636467
I'm sorry God hasn't opened your eyes to the Truth. It's right there in front of you, but you believe what you want to believe.
>>
>>18636468
>If I was nothing before I was born, and it didn't bother me in the least, then why would it bother me to be nothing again?
This still applies. You continue to spout assumptions backed by nothing, such as the concept that "we still go on into eternity".
None so blind as those who will not see.
>>
>>18636469
Point is there's nothing in front of him, and he doesn't need to prove it, lmao

You do.
>>
File: 1477113682004.png (119KB, 297x350px) Image search: [Google]
1477113682004.png
119KB, 297x350px
>>18636473
>You continue to spout assumptions backed by nothing, such as the concept that "we still go on into eternity".
You claim that because our brains are tied to our personality, therefore when our brain dies, we die. How do you know this is the case? Is there any way you can prove this?

First, the Bible says that after this life on Earth, we will either go to Heaven or to Hell. Second, there are many testimonies (Christian and non-Christian) of people who've literally experienced "life after death." No, it's not random neurons firing in the brain, because it is medically documented that many of these individuals acquire some sort of "universal knowledge." So that directly contradicts your belief that we are limited to only our brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0hhQrBdjGA
>>
I haven't read this thread
I haven't read anything about Christians

Why should I believe in God and Jesus?
>>
>>18636485
And there's the circular logic he was talking about.
Since there are other "sacred texts" for other religions, they must be true, too.
>it is medically documented that many of these individuals acquire some sort of "universal knowledge."
If this were true, we would be killing and reviving people to tap into this knowledge. But it's bullshit.
>>
File: 1478655979442.jpg (4KB, 276x183px)
1478655979442.jpg
4KB, 276x183px
>>18636488
Because God loves you. He formed you in your mother's womb and knew you even before you were born. He is waiting for you to come to Him.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
>>
>>18636500
I don't believe this
Why believe this over any other religion?
Why this "God"?
>>
>>18636485

Anon can prove that by showing that 100% of people with no brain are dead.

Can you prove anything about an afterlife without quoting a book that says "this religion is right because god made this book, god is right because this book says so?"

No. I'm out.
>>
>>18636485
It's really funny how you will search for "evidence" that fits your world view but ignore the evidence suggesting otherwise. I guess if you were truly honest with yourself you'd realize how flimsy your "beliefs" truly are with all your cop outs.
>>
>>18636501

it really is the same crap logic over and over again

y god right? because book
y book right? because god

Fucking fail mate
>>
>>18636508
So you're saying...Not to believe in Christianity?
>>
>>18636511

Nah, it'd be nice, but I couldn't live with myself living a lie based on some truly awful thinking

Honestly, all things being equal, everything has a book, i'd rather pick something interesting... or nothing

So yeah, I guess. I'd lack belief just like leperchauns
>>
File: 1483143989503.png (360KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483143989503.png
360KB, 600x500px
>>18636507
>It's really funny how you will search for "evidence" that fits your world view but ignore the evidence suggesting otherwise. I guess if you were truly honest with yourself you'd realize how flimsy your "beliefs" truly are with all your cop outs.
I could say the same thing equally to you. Think about it. What is it that you really believe in? I used to be just like you guys, but science doesn't have all the answers and society as a whole, they suppress things don't line up with their worldview.

The problem is, you're never going to get enough evidence for either side. This is where you need faith. I believe that there will be life after death, and that by believing upon the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, that I am saved by His Blood. Many non-believers place their faith in mankind, they believe that by freezing their bodies in liquid nitrogen, that they'll have eternal life. We'll see who's right.
>>
>>18636533
You picked one religion backed by a sacred text.
Nothing makes it better than any other religion backed by its relevant sacred text.
Science isn't a belief system, it's a method of learning things, and it has given the most answers. Nothing gives all the answers.

Pretty obvious what to do, and it doesn't involve belief or faith - just don't be a shitty person, and enjoy the products of humans figuring shit out - like these computers we're using right now.

Finally, by "many" you mean "a few" people are using cryonics, which honestly has more potential than anything you believe. Just like modern medicine, agriculture, and healthcare has extended lives.

Your entire life system is based on self-delusion. Your "symbol" is a torture device. Your god is responsible for the worst atrocities in human history (good thing it's made up). Most of your commandments are selfish and benefit only the priests, the others are common sense.

I just hope people like you are polite neighbors, but it is sad to know that your minds are so warped and brainwashed through illogic. Watching you get frustrated and the convince yourselves of righteousness is a sad experience.

Someday, perhaps, you will face your fears and all the cognitive dissonance that comes from deep down knowing you're full of shit. Good luck :)
>>
>>18636533
>could say the same thing equally to you. Think about it. What is it that you really believe in? I used to be just like you guys, but science doesn't have all the answers and society as a whole,

Science never claims to have all the answers and in fact is constantly evolving as we gather more and more evidence.

>they suppress things don't line up with their worldview.

You can't see the irony of what you just said can you? You have a compilation of books that claims to have all the answers written by hundreds of people from hundreds of years ago that has gone through hundreds of revisions and omissions, been changed to suit the beliefs of certain periods, and is several translations away from the source language and is now stagnate to new information.How convenient that God stops showing up when now that we have the ability to collect record audio and video.

Who are you trying to convince that God exists? Us or yourself? I guess it is easier to hand wave everything that you don't agree with instead of thinking critically.
>>
>>18636546
That's weird. What you call 'science' was fathered by a man of natural philosophy, of whom was a devout Christian in his later years. So weird that all these great and brilliant men and women throughout time believe in Christ. I guess they were just dellusuional though.
>>
>>18636557
You know that's wrong
Stop shit posting
>>
>>18636557
It was a different time. No reason to get triggered snowflake. If you were certain of your belief you wouldn't get so worked up.
>>
>>18636013

*tips menora*
>>
>>18636550
What metaphysic can you derive from scientism/naturalism? Answer: none. It's a way of knowing what a thing is, not how it came to be or why it is the way it is. It just is. Your metaphysic is one of meaninglessness. The big bang breaks the lead of physics. How can that be? How can an object in rest go into to motion without outside force? Will you devolve into infinite regress. Please be very aware of the consequences of thay claim. It's actually ironic that you can even make a positive claim towards logic. What is logic? Why should it be pursued? While your at it, why did so many 'illogical great thinkers believe in God (even if it wasn't necessarily the Christian God)? You going to call them illogical? Ha.
>>
>>18636562
Really? Are you scared to learn the truth? Poster directly below you is contradicting you. Maybe you should look into it.
>>
>>18636576
None of what you said answers any questions but it seems to make you feel better so good for you.

>While your at it, why did so many 'illogical great thinkers believe in God (even if it wasn't necessarily the Christian God)? You going to call them illogical? Ha.

I never said they were illogical. Before humanity had an idea of how small we were in the universe it seems natural to think we are somehow "special."

Arrogance is something God frowned upon by the way so you aren't even being a good example of something you hold so dearly. But go ahead and hand-wave away.
>>
>>18636563
I am not worked up brother. Thank you though. Just stating the facts. I'm always trying to find truth in life. What else is there?
>>
>>18636178

There is on Truth. You cannot alter it. Other religions are unknowing of this truth at best (which might be the case for majority hindus). Some are straight out lieing, spreading blasphemy and heresy on purpose.

It's all about authority. The Church(es) have authority on scriptural matters. ANYONE else does not. This is something instated and promised by Jesus Christ himself.

>>18636232

*tips menora*

The Church is the only reason we have science, a university system, that we can all read and the last one true "humanitarian" institution. Do you know what the true human nature is ? It's the divine, because we are made in the image of God. By being a hedonistic fag, you deny this very nature, reducing everyone to their carnal and materialistic traits, denying them to ever be part of the divine.

Daily reminder that "humanitarian" is a perverted term made up to instill pseudo-communistic values and egalitarianism, because "we're all human". It rejects all hierarchy. Humanitarianism on the other hand focuses on ,man and his bond to God, acknowledging the value but clearly emphasizes the differences between every single one. It does not reject hierarchy and the natural law instated by God himself.

So stop being a self-indulging fag and change your life.
The very reason most people blatantly reject the Truth so vehemently is, that it requires you to change your life and question the values perverted political indoctrination and your own delusion gave you.
>>
>>18636594
Funny how the "truth" conforms to your worldview isn't it?

I don't claim to know everything, but you seem to do. I'll believe a god when their is sufficient evidence. An old tome isn't sufficient evidence.

But then you'll just come at me and say "blah blah you take what scientists say on faith hurba durba blub blub" and yea you may be technically correct but all your "all-powerful" God would have to do is come down and make some shit happen.
>>
>>18636546

>God is responsible for communism in USSR and China and for the 3rd Reich
The cognitive dissonance is real. And where the f are commandments selfish ?
>DONT KILL OK ?
>DONT STEAL OK ?
>DONT TALK SHIT OK ?
>....
In case you're referring to the first commandment, it is not selfish. It's what you yourself think is selfish. The first commandment is exactly there in order for the people to not stray and cling to idols and false Gods. See the golden calv. See [any other non-abrahamic faith].

Also being so smug about your own delusions is not a way of having a discussion. You could well use a lesson in humility
>>
File: 1480366965633.jpg (85KB, 640x563px) Image search: [Google]
1480366965633.jpg
85KB, 640x563px
>>18636501
>I don't believe this
Well I believe this.
>Why believe this over any other religion?
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
>Why this "God"?
In the beginning, GOD created the Heavens and the Earth. In the beginning, there was only one God. However, Adam decided to disobey God and hence was the fall of mankind. Even back then, when mankind knew God's existence, they still turned their backs on Him. This happened, and will happen again at least a thousand years into the future during Jesus' millennial reign when mankind - even though they see Jesus Christ directly - will still rebel against Him for the ultimate battle at Armageddon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCUlga4qgQc
>>
>>18636591
Humanity is special. God became man. Without man and without life, this planet would just be a hunk of rock and gas like every other astrological body. Sure some early models of universe where heliocentric, but that doesn't mean that many ancient people didn't infer from the starry night the small size of us in the universe - and still believe in God. Infact, many current physicists, astronomers, biologists, etc are Christian. If you are interested, you can look up William Lane Craig or John Lennox on YouTube as a start. He debated people lile Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, etc. If you leave those debates thinking the belief in God is somehow less logical than nonbelief, then I fear for you (but I don't think you will)
>>
>>18636610
Are you a Mormon?
>>
>>18636611

Or Francis S. Collins. Pretty prominent specimen.
>>
File: 1500724619193.jpg (280KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
1500724619193.jpg
280KB, 1024x759px
>>18636601
>I'll believe a god when their is sufficient evidence. An old tome isn't sufficient evidence.
The Pharisees still didn't believe Jesus even though they saw Him face-to-face, what makes you think any different?

It's not about evidence, but it's about your attitude.

The Pharisees demanded a sign to prove Jesus Christ was the Messiah. Jesus rebuked them because even showing a sign wouldn't change their hearts, it was their attitude, not evidence or a sign that will do anything.

In fact, they were given the sign of Jonah (the resurrection of Jesus Christ), and they still did not believe and made up a story. They are still in disbelief even to this day.

So at the end of the day, you have to ask yourself. If this was 2,000 years ago and you saw Jesus Christ walking around healing people and teaching the Word of God, would you still accept Him as your personal Savior?
>>
File: 1481331923212.jpg (58KB, 1500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1481331923212.jpg
58KB, 1500x625px
>>18636615
Mormons aren't Christian, so no.
>>
>>18636622
Why not?
They say everything you say
>>
File: 1494497637525.jpg (74KB, 619x671px) Image search: [Google]
1494497637525.jpg
74KB, 619x671px
>>18636626
Why do you think that is the case?

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonderful works in Your name?’ But then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from Me, you who practice evil.’ (Matthew 7:21-23)
>>
>>18636611
I'm not interested in conjecture. I want solid evidence that at minimum a god exists. Not even a Christian one, just a generic god. How do you reconcile the fact that there are other people who think exactly as you do (belief in god(s)), put up similar arguments that you do, and at the end of the day have a completely different notion of what god or gods really are?

>So at the end of the day, you have to ask yourself. If this was 2,000 years ago and you saw Jesus Christ walking around healing people and teaching the Word of God, would you still accept Him as your personal Savior?

At that time sure probably, and I probably would today. Again it's really convenient how all this "cool" shit stops when we are able to start explaining shit rationally.
>>
File: 1475506696502.jpg (42KB, 589x162px) Image search: [Google]
1475506696502.jpg
42KB, 589x162px
>>18636633
>At that time sure probably, and I probably would today. Again it's really convenient how all this "cool" shit stops when we are able to start explaining shit rationally.
The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “When Pharaoh says to you, ‘Perform a miracle,’ then say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and throw it down before Pharaoh,’ and it will become a snake.”

So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the Lord commanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake. Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts: Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake. But Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staffs. Yet Pharaoh’s heart became hard and he would not listen to them, just as the Lord had said. (Exodus 7:8-13)

So what if you see signs and miracles from others that claim this and that? What if they say, Jesus is NOT the Christ, yet they perform these miracles and signs. What will you believe then?
>>
>>18636643
So what if you see signs and miracles from others that claim this and that? What if they say, Jesus is NOT the Christ, yet they perform these miracles and signs. What will you believe then?

The most rational explanation unless you know your God can you know quit being impotent for just one moment.
>>
>>18636633

If you're looking for definitive scientific evidence that God exists, there is none and there will never be. It is not possible. God created everything. Space, the universe, time, everything we are able to experience and that which we can't but is there. We made science and philosophy. It is bound to human intellect. How in the world are you "believing" that something bound to physical existence is able to deliver a proof for Being itself ? For Goodness itself ? This is the biggest delusion that is.

Other than that, there is enough evidence pointing towards to the Truth of Christianity. Not least the Eucharist miracles that happened over a time span of >1000 years, and yet all of them can be traced to the same person. Literally.

https://youtu.be/_UXuLKaLVQc

Then you have the Holy Fire of Jerusalem occurring every single year CONTINUALLY since nearly 2000 years.

You know it's easy to straight out IGNORE evidence, because you deem it not convincing due to your limited intellect and the fact you've deluded yourself into thinking that the Bible (which is btw a bibliography, not a single book) is somehow a "fairy tale about a magick sky daddy".
>>
>>18636633
The fact that so many humans throughout all of recorded history have believed in a God (s) is more proof in my eyes. Of all those religions and belief systems, we must judge the tree by it's fruits. Some religions have a flawed concept of God, but nonetheless there are certain aspects that almost always have commonality. The fruits of Christianity in its theology, philosophy, saints, etc just scream the truth to me through it's fruits. And ultimately I came to accept Jesus Christ, our savior. Who shed his blood to give all of us path to eternal life. The man who claimed to be son of God and King of the Jews, sacrificed himself for all his people out of love. I don't know many people who would claim to be a God King and do that. Also, he seems to be a great moral teacher, who's teachings paved the way for what we consider western morality. Bit this great moral teacher would be a lying lunatic if he wasn't truly the begotten son of the Father. And then where does that leave us? Why should we trust any of his teachings? And if we don't, how can the insane amount of wisdom in those books and Gospel be explained?

Just questions and points. I ask you this: if Christianity were true, would you become Christian? It's important you keep looking and don't close your heart off. Reading C.S. Lewis was a big key for me.
>>
>>18636390
Decomposing Carbon
>>
>>18636030
Hundreds of years before alexander(or napoleon i dont remember ), it was prophesied that the entire city of... Tyre i believe? Would be wiped away from the face of the earth and "fishermen shall cast their nets over it" which sounds specific as fuck. But when said conqueror went to the the country, the ruler fled with the peopl and supplies to a close by island, which i furiated the dude and he commanded his army to tear apart the city and use the stones and every speck of dust to legit make a bridge to the island. The jews then approached said leader and said he fulfiled the prophesy and he left them alone with an agreement to receive taxes from them. Sorry im not too speficific but i cant remember this shit form the top of my head. But that bit of history is enough to make you wonder.
>>
File: 1492678709773.jpg (32KB, 432x325px) Image search: [Google]
1492678709773.jpg
32KB, 432x325px
>>18636663
By the sweat of your brow you shall eat bread, Until you return to the ground, from which you were taken; For you are dust, and to dust you shall return. (Genesis 3:19)

The question is, what happens to YOU. Your body will return to dust, what will happen to your soul?
>>
>>18636660
Once again I'm not claiming that god or gods doesn't exist. I just don't believe your evidence is sufficient to claim that you know what god or gods may or may not be. Maybe the ancient Greeks had it right? Maybe Catholicism is the only way to truly practice Christianity?

Religion is less personal conviction and more when and where you were born.
>>
>>18636666
Holy hell i just got 6666 quads on a christian thread
>>
>>18636668
There is no such thing as a soul. Our consciousness and all our experiences are dynamical biochemical processes happening inside our brains. You unironically believe in lies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKAHoYCWXF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-gbOnWj6Mw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_um69RqBpSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSIObGJhgSs
>>
>>18636683
>There is no such thing as a soul. Our consciousness and all our experiences are dynamical biochemical processes happening inside our brains.
This is your opinion, where's the fact? Where's the evidence? Because it's a popular explanation doesn't make it the TRUTH.
>You unironically believe in lies.
So what is truth? Ironically, you're the one saying this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lv7tOh-8oY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5wbmiaib6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwOWYtXKV6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ5qdj500nk
>>
>>18636683

>trust me go- ... I mean guys
>>
to christfags from curious guy: a good example of a logical argument from the bible that supports christianity over other religions

>15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 >Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

what religion has resulted in the highest quality "fruits"?
>>
>>18636683
Do you believe you are soulles? You personally. Do you think that you are hunk of meat that at end of day doesn't matter if you are thrown in meat grinder? If so, you are seriously wrong. You are made in the image of Christ. You have a soul that yearns for the good, the true, and the beautiful. The sins you partake in are irrational behaviors that turn you into a slave of vice and keeps you away from the joy of God. There is a reason why this soulless philosophy has corresponded with significant increase in depression, suicide, drug use, obesity, etc. The proof is in the pudding. It's false. Disordered and irrational philosophy of life causes the same in action. Free yourself from the bodange of a soulless existence. I will pray for you. Keep your heart open to the truth. What if there is a God? Don't you think that's an important enough question to seek out? Hey. If at the end of the day there is no God then it doesn't matter if I'm 'delluded.' But if there is, you might be screwed. If I was gambling man, Id play the safe bet. Especially if we are talking about our eternal souls.

May love, life and truth fill your heart. You are an immortal being. Your body isn't. The material is the expression of the immaterial in the physical world. When it rains, nuerons in my brain change. Thay doesn't mean rain exists only in my mind. When my soul is excites, I experience an adrenaline rush. That doesn't mean the chemicals make me excited, they merely express that state of my soul throughout my physical body.

I repeat. Materialism is false. Look at fruits. Read Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. Read Hamlet by Shakespeare. If you want to actually learn about human nature.
>>
>gf and I are both virgins and each other's firsts
>both want to get married
>her parents like me, my parents like her, our parents haven't met, my mom doesn't want to meet her parents, my dad doesn't care, her parents love meeting people anyway
>I live with my parents, she has her own place with parents' help, we can afford to live together now with savings left over, both getting better jobs in September
>we want premarital counseling because my family is messed up and hers seems too perfect
>gf's dad is a pastor
>gf adamant that her dad officiates the wedding
>idgaf who does it it's her day really
>her dad only officiates weddings where he's done premarital counseling for the to-be-weds
>gf has expressed she can't separate him as "dad" from him as "counselor" or "pastor" and would get upset at many of the sample questions we googled if they came from him
>I understand him wanting to screen the unrelated people he marries but I'm not comfortable with him knowing the planned intricacies of his fully grown daughter's married life, let alone mine as well
>gf wants to postpone everything, date nights become infrequent
>relationship is suddenly much more effort on my end
>call out the gf on it
>she wants to marry me but she's not able to see or talk to her dad like anyone other than her dad and thus she can't take counseling with him
>explained this to the dad but he's as adamant about not marrying those he hasn't counseled as she is about him marrying us
>he won't recommend a third party of his choice to counsel us in his place
>if he doesn't do it, it's not happening

tl;dr- gf wants her pastor dad to marry us but he won't unless he counsels us first and neither gf nor I want her dad to be our counselor. There's a standstill here and I'm not sure how to get the ball rolling again
>>
>>18636720
That is her dad, and he has the right because she is his child. I would honor and respect your potential father-in-law. Just because she doesn't want XYZ should have no bearing on your decision-making on doing what is right. You're the leader, step up and lead.

Also this throws out alarm bells, but there could be more to the story:
>relationship is suddenly much more effort on my end

Lastly, I'll say, just because she is a pastor's child and her dad's a pastor shouldn't color your situation. While I do think you're blessed in that you've both maintained your sexual purity up to this point (and that is very important to keep, I commend you for that), Jesus said in the Bible that at the end of the day, it's important to put Him first, above anything else: thou shall not have any other gods before Me.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
>>
>>18636699
>Do you believe you are soulles? You personally. Do you think that you are hunk of meat that at end of day doesn't matter if you are thrown in meat grinder?

Yes.
If I were to die today that would be the end of it for me. The only thing left of what defined me, would be other peoples memory of me which is interestingly enough never who you really are, just a projection of what you were or were supposed to be in their eyes. I would be gone, and that would be it.

Unrelated but,
Honestly if people could just die and go live eternally in a perfect society somewhere up in the clouds or transcend into heaven or whatever afterlife it is , I wonder why all those people dont just end their lives early. Nothing on earth could compare, or be worth waiting on. Just leave and be at peace forever. But No they want to buy a house first, work on their careers, get married, have kids, grow old, for what purpose?
>>
>>18636720
This is a stupid fucking problem to have. Honestly, what are you guys so worried about him finding out that he won't have heard A MILLION TIMES before? Just because now it relates to you and his grown daughter doesn't make him any less aware of the realities of a marriage. I say the two of you just suck it up and explain to him how you'll give him grandchildren. It'll be hard and weird but unless one or both of you is sitting a bombshell revelation there's no reason not to talk it out with new-dad.
>>
File: 1493699884443.png (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493699884443.png
57KB, 300x300px
>>18636740
>If I were to die today that would be the end of it for me... I would be gone, and that would be it.
This is what you think, but that doesn't make it the truth. This is simply your opinion, and it's best to get this sorted out before that day comes. Who knows, even tomorrow your life isn't guaranteed.

>I wonder why all those people dont just end their lives early. Nothing on earth could compare, or be worth waiting on. Just leave and be at peace forever. But No they want to buy a house first, work on their careers, get married, have kids, grow old, for what purpose?
You ask a great question, but there are many answers to your questions that can be found if you take the time to read the Bible. Why don't you pray to God about these things? You may not believe in Him now, so why don't you read the Book of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and get to know what Jesus Christ said? After all, heaven and earth shall pass away, but His Words will never pass away.
>>
>>18636738
The relationship becoming more difficult was her being embarrassed/ashamed/uneasy to tell me that her inability to separate her dad from his father role is the reason our relationship won't be progressing. She was trying to hide the issue instead of facing it, risking the relationship in the process, and I've been through and unofficially counseled enough through similar situations to realize it so I called her out. I've found no matter how uncomfortable it may be, it's better to talk about issues than leave them unspoken, because the earlier a problem is identified and resolved the less pain and damage there is overall.

>>18636750
There's a personal level involved here not just with me, but my entire family. He'll hear all about my broken, messed up family and it's not fair to them if he knows their dirty laundry before they decide to air it. Somehow I turned out different from all of them, to the point where my parents occasionally argue about who my dad is because I don't act or look much like either of them or any of my siblings, who then get in on the action with "don't you talk to mom/dad like that" and it escalates from there. But because that chaotic mess where everyone is a walking vitriol bomb looking for the smallest reason to explode and I'm both the merely existing cause and the active peacemaker/diffuser is my "normal" home life, I'm the one insisting on getting counseling as a couple. It's different when he's not likely to see either side's family after the wedding, but when he made one family and would regularly see the other, knowing all of their home problems is too much. Plus my gf outright stated in front of him that she wouldn't be able to answer honestly for fear of his reaction and he sort of smiled/chuckled in response. That was a flag for me that something's off. He's already shown he has the same issues as my gf with separating the person from their role too, so that's why I'm pushing for a third party.
>>
File: IMG_7297.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_7297.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>18636753
I have prayed to god about these things, and just about anything from where to find that one specific Lego piece to suicide and death, sadly its always my own thoughts Im left with.

I dont really have the time to read the bible, let alone figure out which one is best. How about a quick rundown?

Why has god never made a watch?
>>
File: 1500714483922.jpg (327KB, 2048x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1500714483922.jpg
327KB, 2048x1072px
>>18636817
>I dont really have the time to read the bible, let alone figure out which one is best.
Of course you have time to read the Bible. You spend X many hours on /adv/ and other boards on 4chan and online, why not carve out some time to spend with God? God blesses you with all these things. Stop making excuses.

>How about a quick rundown?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
>>
>>18636596
I am no person of faith nor do I believe most of ehat the bible writes is the truth, but this anon has a point.
I always beliwved we were more than "just human" and that it is our duty as a superior species capable of complex thought and compassion to act as such. But these days people have been regrading in that regard.
Hatred for each other is trying to be justified on a daily basis and people are more and more accepting that "thats how things are", breeding more hate and ultimately violence.
Is the christian god our salvation? I doubt it, because it is us who have to make a change and act at a greater state of mind than just animalistic. So if you do it for God or something else, it is unimportant, as long as you do it it will be for the greater good of humanity.
So I plea anybody here, be kind, be smart, be compassionate, be humble, for all of us, for our humanity.
>>
>>18636611
A total of 1% of scientists are religious, the rest believe there is no godly beings.
>>
>>18636611
The earth stopped being a hunk of gas and rock way before humans arrived senpai. We didnt teraform the earth or something
>>
>>18636852
Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone— while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? (Job 38:4-7)
>>
>>18636886
Same place the guy who wrote that was. Didnt exist.
So why should I believe him any more than anybody else? Just because he claims to talk in the name of god? Many did, yet we believe this one specifically and not the rest? Why?
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.