[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know how attractive you are?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: 1500653699570.jpg (109KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1500653699570.jpg
109KB, 500x750px
Basically the title.

I have had a few very attractive people interested in me in the past, and I'd be more than happy to be on their 'level', but lately I only seem to be getting attention from unattractive people.

Also I never had luck approaching a stranger (or even classmates and such). So I'm wondering if my issue is my looks or something else.
>>
Get a mirror. Be honest.
Unless you are willing to post a pic of yourself I don't know what anyone can do for you. Maybe if you tell more of a background story. One thing I'll say is that those couple of tens or whatever that were interested, might just not be shallow. Or they might have been under the impression that you were a catch for some other reason, usually money or earning potential, or just good breeding.
>>
>>18634096
google "hot man/woman" and see if many of them look like you
>>
>>18634096
>Also I never had luck approaching a stranger

That almost never works, so don't put too much stock on it.

>but lately I only seem to be getting attention from unattractive people.

Maybe you are being too harsh on the people that like you or you just became an uglier/shittier person and only those more desperate even try.
>>
>>18634115
I'd rather not post a picture of myself on 4chan, especially not attached to a thread like this, but I always thought I looked like a 7-8 in the mirror, but barely average in picures.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'background story'? I was always broke as fuck who barely passed high school, so it definitely wasn't that. I had an ex tell me that if she'd have kids with anyone it would be me, because she thought I had good genetics, this was after we broke up and started talking again.

>>18634157
Like I said, I *think* I look good, especially my cheekbones, but I could just be overating myself.

>>18634164
>That almost never works, so don't put too much stock on it.
That's a relief.

>Maybe you are being too harsh on the people that like you or you just became an uglier/shittier person and only those more desperate even try.
I actually become more fit and better dressed, and I quit drugs and alcohol, but the difference is I am MUCH less social now. And I have always had people who I thought were unattractive hit on me, and I don't think I'm being harsher, it's just that recently I don't seem to get attention from the hot ones.
>>
>>18634209
>I am MUCH less social now.

What does that mean? Let's not guess here, be specific.
>>
>>18634218
I used to be the stereotypical extravertl; I was a huge party animal, barely was ever sober, always wanted to hang out with people, and I dominated most social settings just due to how much I used to talk, if I sound like a huge prick is because I was.

Now I'm alot more quiet, I don't have the energy to talk, but on the other hand I also feel like I lost some of my social skill, IE talking to people feels awkward in a way I haven't felt since I was a nerdy 13 year old.

I used to make parties happen, now I don't even get invited to them by the few people I talk to.

On the other hand, I recently started a new job, and I get zero sexual vibe from any of the girls I'm interested in, and I think I even made one of them uncomfortable, so it makes me think maybe I'm not as good looking as I thought.
>>
>>18634226

Why did you dial it back down so much? I mean, ti's a huge change, right? What happened?
>>
>>18634230
Not OP, but can relate to his story a lot, for me it was meeting this girl and she pointed how much of an ego I had, and I felt like such a huge fucking asshole, and not in a "some hoe hurt me", but like yeah I realized I was an egotistical ass, I figure I'm just getting older and don't always want to be the centre of attention. Then you fall out of practice. Then you feel like a squabbling 14 year old.

Again not the same anon but yeah this is my take on it.
>>
>>18634230
I guess I got a gf, which made me cut down on partying alot, and then when she cheated on me I just completely shut down for a year, just sitting home alone.

Then when I finally decided to start socializing all my old friends moved away and I realized I had no idea how to make new, genuine friends, combined with the isolation that made me forget how to even interact with people. It's been a few years since, and I got this new job, and my social skills are even worse.

But I'm honestly fine with that, because I know I can work on it, but like I said, the girls I chase seem to be completely repulsed by me, but the ones I don't want still seem to be into me, so I'm thinking I should be aiming more for their level, if that's the level that I'm on.
>>
>>18634248
>like I said, the girls I chase seem to be completely repulsed by me

Maybe because you became a social outcast with no friends? Dude, you admit you were so isolated that you have a hard time talking to people now, and do you really think your problem is your face?

>>18634242

You had a hard awakening. Now you gotta find your center again.
>>
>>18634248
Yeah man, I can relate to you so fucking much. I'm this anon.
>>18634242
>>
>>18634257
Yeah I did, I'm finding myself again these last few months, I'm nearing that centre any day now.
>>
The opposite sex approaches you and people tell you.

Source I'm not good looking.
>>
>>18634257
>Maybe because you became a social outcast with no friends? Dude, you admit you were so isolated that you have a hard time talking to people now, and do you really think your problem is your face?
I mean, I think of it this way; if an attractive tried approaching these girls they'd be more receptive even if he's socially awkward, right?

>>18634266
>>18634262
It fucking sucks man, but at least you're trying to recover, right?
>>
>>18634279
>if an attractive tried approaching these girls they'd be more receptive even if he's socially awkward, right?

Why? Beyond 4Chan memes, why do you feel this way?
>>
>>18634281
Shit man that's some hard hitting questions.

I guess attractive people get treated better by people who want to fuck them, because they want to fuck them. Shallow as it might seem, I'd rather talk to an attractive woman than an ugly one, other things being equal.
>>
>>18634289

>other things being equal.

So, how shitty should the attractive one be before you ignore her?

Also, I hate using numbers, but what is "ugly" for you? A 3? A 4? A 7? Where do you make the cut?
>>
>>18634292
I don't ignore ugly people, I just don't want to fuck them. I try to be nice to everyone.

I'd consider anything below a 5 ugly, and anything above attractive.
>>
>>18634295

>I don't ignore ugly people, I just don't want to fuck them.

That's my point man. How shitty a person should she be before you don't want to talk to her even if she is hot?
>>
>>18634304
They'd have to be quite shitty of a person to be honest, one example that comes to mind is this girl who was probably a 7 but she was the most stuck up bitch I met, treated everyone like shit, tried to tell everyone what to do and how to live, as if she was some sort of authority.

I know for a fact I don't treat people like shit, I'm just awkward and not "fun", but I know a few other people who are like that and I still treat them just like I do anyone else.
>>
>>18634309
>I still treat them just like I do anyone else.

Do you try to fuck them, though? Do you try to pick up "not fun" girls?
>>
>>18634311
>Do you try to fuck them, though?
All the 'awkward' people I know are men, actually. I've met some cute awkward girls before, and I did try hitting on them.

>Do you try to pick up "not fun" girls?
yes I do.
>>
>>18634317
>yes I do.

Why? Is fucking so important that you are willing to put up with someone whose company you don't enjoy?

That's thirsty man.
>>
>>18634328
>Why? Is fucking so important that you are willing to put up with someone whose company you don't enjoy?

I enjoy their company in bed if they look good, and I can enjoy a person's company even if they're quiet and awkward, rather than an energetic party animal.

Sure, I am thirsty, maybe if I was good looking and had lots of choice I could afford to have standards.
>>
>>18634337
>I can enjoy a person's company even if they're quiet and awkward, rather than an energetic party animal.

But you didn't say that. You said "not fun". I'm not an energetic party animal and neither are any of my frineds, but we can have a laugh sitting on a couch, playing games or some shit.

If she is shy but fun, then it's not the same as I'm asking you. Would you give a girl a chance JUST because she is hot even if it's not fun to be with her?
>>
>>18634346
Well I associate being shy and awkward with being not fun. To me, a girl who's fun is someone I can feel some different emotions with, and like you said, have a laugh, talk about shit we enjoy. And like I said, I have chased girls who I felt no excitement with, but I thought were physically attractive.

That being said, I have met some really fun girls who I felt no attraction towards, and as much as I enjoyed their company, I could never fuck them, even though at least half the time they'd try.

Obviously, the ideal would be both, but like I said, I just want someone who's above average in looks, and not an awful person, that's all I'm interested in at the moment.
>>
>>18634354
>I have chased girls who I felt no excitement with, but I thought were physically attractive.

At last! So yeah, that's the problem. Most people won't do that. So even if you are not ugly, you need a personality.

When you were fun, you got more people interested, and some of them were even hot!. When you stopped being fun, it stopped, and now only the ones with less options give you a try. I don't think it has to do with your looks.
>>
>>18634360
Well, maybe, but there's this fucking guy at my job who's fucking the hottest girl there. And she's not just hot, she's pretty interesting and all, and he just sits there quietly.

It feels discouraging that I have to jump through hoops while other dudes get it that easily without putting in fuck all effort.
>>
>>18634380
>he just sits there quietly.

All the time? Even at his house? Even during weekends? How do you know he has no friends?
>>
>>18634385
Don't know what he does at his house, but I don't know how in the hell he managed to charm a girl like her. We both started at the same time. If it's not looks, I don't know what it is, because even there, there are like 5 guys who are more interesting than him.
>>
>>18634396
>there are like 5 guys who are more interesting than him.

Those guys are more interesting to YOU. But you are not dating him, she is. Maybe she finds him the most interesting? Isn't that a possibility?
>>
>>18634400
>Maybe she finds him the most interesting? Isn't that a possibility?
Maybe, but then how the hell do I even become more interesting to women if they find what I find interesting, boring as fuck?
>>
>>18634417

> then how the hell do I even become more interesting to women

1) Not all women feel the same way about everything. Some women are happy dating a jobless stoner, some are not.

>if they find what I find interesting, boring as fuck?

2) You say you are boring. I mean, you called yourself that. So it's not like they don't like what you like. You don't even like yourself.
>>
>>18634422
I guess. I'm fine with being boring and not liking myself though.
>>
>>18634494

Are you fine with not getting any dates?
>>
>>18634497
Point taken.
Where do I even start though? Like I said, the shit I like is boring to women, and I have no idea what they like.
>>
File: 1470663980369.jpg (240KB, 2268x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1470663980369.jpg
240KB, 2268x4032px
You have to have extreme self-awareness. This sounds basic, but most people don't have it. I can't teach you how to be self-aware... you just have to get there on your own.

Anyway, once you're to that point you can view yourself objectively rather than having your ego bump your appearance up a few points in the name of self preservation.

Also, whenever someone volunteers a compliment, remember it and dissect it. Maybe multiple people commented on your shirt. Why do they like it? Pay attention to how that shirt fits you and buy more like it. It's always better to dress/look a way that is appealing to the general public as opposed to what you like personally.
>>
>>18634512
>and I have no idea what they like.

Not all of them lke the same stuff.

I'd say you should start by making frineds again, though. Stop being so lonely, hang out and have fun with people. Not necesarilly parties and shit, just, you know, get a social life again.
>>
>>18634096
Unattractive people give attention or try their hardest with anybody because there is nobody going to them.

Sorry to say but it is really rare that someone gets attention from attractive people( in the way you mean at least ) unless that person is highly attractive.
To answer your question see it like this: If you have to ask then you know.

Look at the mirror and look at yourself.
Go outside and count how many girls smile when they look at you, if they insistingly stare at you or if they pretty much all just happen to be looking at you and most avoid your sight the moment you watch them.
>>
>>18634242
>>18634248
I can relate to your stories as well anons.

And it is only fair to always remember that genuine friends is a rare thing.

Don't fell so bad about yourself.

Think of the people who never got as far as you.
>>
Don't worry about being attractive.

If people:
>Talk to you on the street or greet you when out and about
>Small talk you when they don't have to
>Smile at you or laugh at your jokes

Then you're good enough to be seen with. The issue is really confidence. So instead of worrying about your looks, think about what it is you do that would make you interesting to be around.
>>
>>18634096
If people you find attractive flirt with you without you trying then you are attractive enough.
>>
>>18634096
>How do you know how attractive you are?
Sign up to Tinder, swipe right on EVERYONE, this is pretty straight forward presuming you don't look autistic in every photo and can write a bio that isn't shit.
If you're only matching with fatties and retards, then that's how attractive you are.

Failing that check out >>>/soc/ and post in one of the rate threads, you'll be a face in a sea of faces that 4chan will forget within the minute.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.