[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A diverging point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1491498564475.png (662KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491498564475.png
662KB, 540x540px
Hi /adv/, I'm at a point in my life where I have a very important decision to make.
I'm taking the lsat next month and am under prepared for it because of life. juggling work, sick parent, bills, and studying.
I only have 1 shot to do this and get a really good score.
What should I do?
>I'm equally considering, dying, doing nothing and getting whatever score I get, and getting a deepweb hacker to hack them and just give me a good score
>>
>>18633208

study. if it doesnt go well take it again.
>>
>>18633242
Good law schools average your scores
If you get a 180 (perfect) and a 120 (lowest) the school will see a 150
>>
>>18633208
You could always put your eggs in one basket and go for Harvard Law School. LSAT are optional for them (provided you've completed your GRE)

How long have your studied for? I think you should cancel and try for December or february
>>
>>18633208

Currently going into my 2L year. I'm a peer adviser at a T14 school.

What do you want to know?
>>
>>18633275

still sounds like your only option then doesn't it. or delay it til next year or however it works
>>
>>18633293

This is bad advise. Harvard and Georgetown accept the GRE principally because it allows them to increase the total number of applicants, so they can deny more. Prestige is based, in part on denials. Both schools still vastly prefer the LSAT.
>>
>>18633293
No GRE
Ive studied for 2 months so far
Can't afford to cancel financially (they give $30 back when you cancel out of $180)
>>
>>18633304
Is it worth it?
My application is solid for grades, extra curricular, etc.
The LSAT has me shitting my pants and I don't need this stress for the rest of my life
>>
>>18633317

You sound like you're coming from a similar situation. I'm from a rural southern community originally. I didn't have a choice - I needed the financial stability that a law degree would bring so I could pay my parent's house off and send my younger siblings to college. If the question is money, then yes, it's worth it. The legal market is saturated, but it's mostly saturated with people who went to SMU and Loyola. You'll have no problems getting a job at a good school (top 40ish).

Law school is a fuck load work. So is being a lawyer. Don't expect to have a social life, don't expect to have much free time. Law students and associates get pounded.

Law school is fun. It's miserable, communal bonding through suffering. But it's fun, especially if you're intellectually curious.

On the LSAT: it's a big deal. They say it's about 75% of your application, in terms of weight. Best way to study is to take practice tests. I took the LSAT once. I started studying about five months ahead of time. My first practice test I got a 158. I took about three dozen tests between then and my actual test. I got a 170. I am not a smart person. Like everything else, the LSAT is a game; you just have to know how to play it.
>>
>>18633308
What he said
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.