[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a complete fucking looser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4751.jpg (93KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4751.jpg
93KB, 600x600px
I turned 18 last month and couldn't help but think about how much of a loose relationship I am. My whole life, my parents kept me in such a tight bubble that I lack communication skills. I have to convince my parents to let me walk outside my house for anything. They constantly interrogate for every choice I make, as well as make me seem like that decision was a mistake, unless they pushed me to make that decision. My parents are so strict that I see strict parent memes and think that these kids are actually lucky for having chill parents. The Bubble I was kept in was so tight, that I have no real skills, and I suck at everything

I'm going to a college I have no desire of going to (I actually wanted to go to trade school). This school is coincidently nearly impossible to transfer out of. I can't do anything right. I matter how hard I try. I have no friends, I'm socially awkward, and I can't hold a normal conversation. I'm a kissless virgin at 18. I don't know if that's from my personality or because I'm ugly and have an average height. I'm actually smart, but I gave up on showing it when I realized I was gonna be commuting to a shitty college

Please tell me how to fix myself, and please don't tell me "just look at things differently"
>>
Your self esteem is garbage, your parents are shitty. Take steps to be able to leave your parents behind and make a life for yourself. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have rational parents that will let you pursue life the way you want to. You can start by never second guessing yourself - all that matters is how you feel on something, not anybody else
>>
>>18633131
I can somewhat relate. I'm sorry for what I am about to say:

Quit blaming your parents. No matter how fucked up they are/were its your problem now. You are 18. Everything "wrong" with you is your fault. Accept it.
>>
>>18633162
Everything's my fault?

Mom? Dad? Is that you?
>>
>>18633172
No, I'm just a decade or two farther down the road you are on. Things never got better for me (that is to say I never really found any happiness or purpose) until I quit blaming my parents and decided my shitty life was my responsibility and I had to take credit for it, good or bad.
>>
>>18633131

>blah blah blah parents

if parents are in fact the issue then you only have two choices. 1) stand up to your parents or 2) move out. I vote number 2. number 1 doesn't have guaranteed results and can often just lead to number 2 anyway, so its eaiser to just get it done with.

>nearly impossible to transfer out of

by which you mean you'd have to sign a whole fucking paper and be done with it? your letting your bitch side control you. honestly whats eaiser, going into the office and cancelling your enrollment before it starts and dealing with the minor debt you might incur, or sitting through 4 fucking years and wasting 4 fucking years and then having 4 fucking years of debt incured?
>>
>>18633178
If I stand up to my parents, I'll end up in a hospital. If I move out, I'll have nowhere to go and I'll be living off of unemployment checks because I have literally no skills

My college is had to transfer out of because they're notorious for convincing people to stay, and if they don't convince you, then "your transcript must've gotten lost in the mail"
>>
>>18633196

>your transcript must've gotten lost in the mail'

illegal tactic, easy to sue over, its funny how you claim to know so little but act as if you already know whats going to happen if you transfer out.

transfer the fuck out.

>if i stand up to my parents ill end up in the hospital
>if i move out, I'll haven owhere to go and be living off of unemployment checks because i have literally no skills

then take a few months to learn some, then move out. or take out a line of credit, move out, and just take a basic entry level job, do what everyone else does: learn skills by getting a job
>>
>>18633196

>its nearly impossible to transfer out
>because they convince you to stay

thats dumb. transfer out or stop asking for advice. you already know how to get out of this situation but you're insisting it would be impossible no matter what.

were not going to give you a magical third option.
>>
>>18633201
Here's the problem with learning skills. I have some sort of physical inablilty to learn any. I played tennis for 3 years. Still can't hold a racket right. I played music for 8 years. I still can't play right. I've worked 2 jobs, and I was always being told how bad I was. I wouldn't even get an entry level job because of my shitty communication skills
>>
>>18633204
I think you skipped the next scentence
>>
>>18633207

>heres the problem with learning skills
>im not even going to try!

good luck then.
>>
>>18633215
Holy shit I feel like I'm talking to autists. ITS NOT THAT I DONT TRY I JUST DONT GET ANY BETTER
>>
>>18633219

>i feel like im talking to autists
>but it is I who am unable to get any better at anything ever

do you see what were trying to point out here? do you see what you're doing to your self? you are insisting on something that is quite literally impossible: that you are just magically unable to learn skills but are somehow able to be 'smart'.

you are describing your self with qualities that literally don't exist. you are doing so for reasons you are already aware, the first being your parents strict control on you and the second being the victim complex you've developed for your self.

the only advice you will ever receive is to try anyways. your only alternative to actually trying is to just continue as is.

so there you go. continue as is, or try to get out of the cycle.

but you're contradicting your self claiming you're smart, and that you wanted to go to trade school to learn a skill when you said you can't learn any skills ever.

fuck it, let your parents beat you, then when they do you can sue them and get enough money to move out.
>>
>>18633226
>that you are just magically unable to learn skills but are somehow able to be 'smart'.
I'm smart in school. When I say I don't know actual skills, I mean I got fired from mcdonalds after 3 months because I couldn't flip a motherfucking burger. If someone ever had complaints about their food, you didn't even have to think about it to know who the chef was

They actually put me on the register once, and cleaning the floor once
I fucked up everyone's order and I somehow missed every fucking spot.

>you are describing your self with qualities that literally don't exist.
You don't even know me

>the second being the victim complex you've developed for your self.
It's easy to have a victim complex when your parents have asserted 100% control over you for years

>but you're contradicting your self claiming you're smart, and that you wanted to go to trade school to learn a skill when you said you can't learn any skills ever.
Ok, now I'm realizing how stupid I was

Well this thread was really fucking great! I feel like I'm on /pol/ again!
>>
>>18633252

>you don't know me

no, I don't. i also don't know the guy who claims hes been visited by demons, but both of your claims are equally stupid. you failed before. that does not mean you will fail every step of the way.

also, grow up, boo hoo control, my brother raped me then my dad decided to 'solve' the issue he'd make us share a bed after the fact. we ALL got family shit. its not a contest. you do not get to say 'well i had bad parents so i get a pass to just not try anymore'.

we all grow up and try to be self sufficient. its the only thing we can do and you are not some magical outlier. you mopped once and are claiming because you did it wrong the first time you'd never get it right. retarded.

>its easy to have a victim complex when your parents have asserted control over you for years.

yes, its very easy. that doesn't mean you are allowed to succumb to it.

>i feel like I'm on /pol/ again

no matter what you argue it doesn't change anything anon. you can't insist that you're stuck this way forever and think that someones going to have magical advice to pull you out of it. you can only do what everyone else has done: try.

if you want to argue these little points be my guest, i wont respond. cuz it doesn't matter if you are right. if you are right there is literally no answer for you. consider that anon.

if what you say is true, congratulations, you're fucked! we do not have a magic answer so stop expecting us to.
>>
>>18633131
Learn to support yourself. Thats all you really can do when presented with a shitty situation like that. You're 18 so your parents will likely support you for a couple more years (I don't know your parents though, they might be dicks idk). During that time do something productive and try to get your life together instead of dwelling on all your problems. It only makes things worse.
>>
>>18633266

no man, you don't understand, he literally cannot learn skills. he mopped a floor once and didn't do it right. so now he can't do ANYTHING right ever.
>>
>>18633131
Alright OP, here's what I did to break free from my parents bubble.

>go out and do shit that I wanted to do
I just rebelled. I never did anything illegal or overtly stupid. If I wanted to go hang out with friends, or drive out to the beach, or whatever, I simply went out and did it. I got a job and used my own money to buy things and go places. It's definitely not easy at first, they (my mom mostly) didn't trust me. Now I just have to tell her what my general plan is whenever I go places and it's fine.

>start working out
This is general advice I give to everyone. Doesn't necessarily has to be lifting at a gym, a good bodyweight routine is fine. You'll feel good about your body and that'll lead you to be more confident. There's countless pros to regular exercise and it's not too late to start.

>get a hobby
Also general advice I give to anyone. I personally recommend playing an instrument. Very good for your mind, gives you something rewarding to do. You're a bit more interesting too.

>reading
I recently decided I wanted to study philosophy. I'm starting with Stoicism and I can't recommend it enough. Any philosophy can be interesting, and it's good to find one you like and can live by, more or less.

As for having no skills, get a job that requires no skill. It can be anything, my first job was at an Amazon warehouse, then a gas station. Both require no skill at all, and they'll teach you what you need to know for the most part. You mentioned wanting to go to a trade school. I would absolutely recommend that. College isn't for everyone and skilled labor is a hidden gem of money.

Good luck OP, you're gonna make it
>>
>>18633161
but what if no matter how much you improve, there's that recurring time when you relive those shitty moments in your life?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.