[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you gage your own attractiveness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

Without posting pictures, anyway.

I'm a girl, 19, and I always thought I was pretty average looking, probably on the lower side of average. But for some reason in the last year or so girls I don't know very well tend to give me really nice compliments on my looks, and they are usually pretty much strangers. I've never had a guy show any interest in me though. So how do I know if they are lying or not?
>>
Gauge* not gage
>>
those are probably just obligated compliments just to be polite. dont take those to heart, but just be cool that they're being polite.
>>
>>18633103
Possibly because......
Those girls complimenting you are just being nice people, hopefully at least wanting to be acquaintances with you for whatever reason. Nearly every girl in my city is like that
And
The guys in your area are too beta to compliment you in fear of the fact that they think they'll come off as creeps
>>
>>18633103
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
>>
>>18633105
stfu. nobody likes a grammar nazi. just shows how petty you are.
>>
>>18633103
There are a lot of desperate men who will not care if you're a bit unattractive. It's impossible for us to tell you if you're attractive unless you post a pic.
>>
>>18633103

Are you an optimal height?
>Most men are interested in women between the heights of 5'2" and 5'8"; few guys date women taller than them

Are you an optimal weight?
>Depends on body type; generally 100-160 is safe. If you're shorter, 160 will definitely be too much; taller and 100 will be weird.

Do you have assets?
>Breast size preferences vary, but few men will be interested in A cups, and some but not all will be interested in anything larger than DD. Most men prefer C or D.
>Having a fat ass or a flat ass will knock you. Something that jiggles but doesn't bounce, is grab-able but not in excess of a handful.

Is your face symmetrical?
>Do you have any beauty marks, such as an attractively placed mole

Are your eyes unique?
>Are they particularly bright, an interesting shade, etc.?

Do you know what you're doing with your hair?
>Short hair tends to attractive different guys than long hair, although most guys who are in to short hair are also fine with long (the reverse is not often true). Dying works best if it's a normal color, not something non-natural. Going to a stylist general means your hair looks nicer.

Are you misshapen?
>Is there weight in odd places, even if you aren't overweight? Are your shoulders too broad? Etc.

When someone looks only at your face, what kind of animal do you look like?
>Most attractive women look like either a bunny or a cat. Horse face (too long), frog face (too wide), and fish face (eyes too far apart) are all quite common and detract.

Additional note:
>Redhead women come in two categories 2 and below and 8 and above. The incident rate of average looking redheads is about 5%; most are either quite attractive or quite ugly.

Impossible to say without a pic, obviously. Those are just some guidelines.
>>
>>18633280

Forgot:

What's the nose look like?
>Broad nostrils are universally bad and make you look like a pig. Overly narrow nostrils can make you look fake. Hooked and large noses come with associated ethnic baggage (Jewish). My personal preference is slightly upturned and slim, but preferences on this front vary pretty widely.
>>
>>18633103
do you skate on the ice?
>>
>>18633103
Attractiveness is mainly broken down into three parts: facial structure, clear skin and colour. People with coloured hair and eyes tend to stand out more than brunettes and clear skin is infinitely more attractive to look at than a dude with acne on his face. I got a lot of acne on my face and many scars but it doesn't really matter, in the end confidence wins everything. I have a gf that I really love and she accepts me exactly the way I look, so I accept myself too.
>>
>>18633280
>Are you an optimal height?
Yep.
>Are you an optimal weight?
Yeah I'm pretty skinny.
>Do you have assets?
A cup tits. My ass fits that description I think, but it might be too small.
>Is your face symmetrical?
Yeah I think so. No beauty marks
>Are your eyes unique?
They're normal hazel/brown-ish
>Do you know what you're doing with your hair?
I don't do much with my hair but it is long. I get complimented on it more than anything else.
>Are you misshapen?
I don't think so. My arms are kind of longer than normal though.
>When someone looks only at your face, what kind of animal do you look like?
I have no fucking idea.
>What's the nose look like?
I can't really tell. It's neither particularly big or particularly small.
>>
Oh look, another attention-whoring poster!

Either stop playing around the bush and post your picture or realise that it's impossible to date your attractiveness basing on your subjective description of yourself. To me the OP sounds like you are already prepared for "you are beautiful/cute" answers.

And fyi you can meet all possible beauty standards and end up looking uncanny or even ugly.
>>
>>18633352
I don't care if I am beautiful or average or ugly I just want to know.
>>
>>18633352
Some people aren't ok with giving out their pictures to complete strangers on anime website.
>>
>>18633339

1. A cups won't kill you. Don't stuff your bra or wear push-ups, just own it.

2. Hazel eyes generally score points.

3. What color is your hair? I'm no expert on female hair - I just know that the women who go to a stylist generally look better.

4. Longer wingspan than tall is only a problem if it's easily noticeable. On men, it's often an attractive trait, but generally not on women.

5. Full cheeks? Narrow face? Eye separation? Forehead size (can be covered with bangs, but never wear bangs unless your forehead can land a plane)? Do your eyes slant, and in what direction? Lip size?

6. When you look in a mirror directly, can you see your nostrils? If so, what shape is the hole, fully rounded, slit, very thin oval, etc.?
>>
>>18633356
Ask someone who knows you irl and whom you can trust. Subjective description is useless and asking us to decide whether you are beautiful, average or ugly basing on your description is pointless.

>>18633359
It's rational and I applaud their choice but in this case, what is the point of creating threads like this?
>>
>>18633363
Because they still wanna get a second opinion from someone who will be blunt and brutally honest. I get called handsome by everyone around me, but I believe it's only because I'm nice to everyone I meet. I did have a girl working in starbucks flirt with me once though, so maybe I am handsome? It's difficult to gauge something like this because of how it differs from person to person.
>>
>>18633361
>2. Hazel eyes generally score points
That's not true lmao
Hazel and brown are the most common eye colours and that makes them less attractive than green or even blue
>>
>>18633361
>What color is your hair?
Dark brown
>Full cheecks
I think so
>Narrow face
no
>Eye separation
Normal I think
>Forehead size
Normal
>but never wear bangs unless your forehead can land a plane
But I like my bangs
>Lip size
Normal I think
>When you look in a mirror directly, can you see your nostrils?
Yes
>If so, what shape is the hole
Do you mean the shape looking straight forward or actual shape? Actual shape is fully rounded but you can only see them partially unless I flare them.
>>
>>18633363
Pretty much this >>18633367. I don't really know anyone who would be bluntly honest with this.
>>
>>18633371
It depends. I prefer a redhead with hazel eyes, that's the perfect combination for me. I really like hazel in general though.
>>
>>18633371

1. Hazel eyes work best with brown or red hair. Depending on the guy, they are superior to green/blue. Hazel and blonde looks bad, usually.

2. Brown eyes generally look boring unless they're very dark, they're on a dark skinned girl, or you're into them.

3. Brown and hazel are not the same thing.
>>
>>18633367
Don't be an idiot, you can't get a honest or blunt opinion from people who
>never saw you irl or never even saw your picture
>are browsing vietnamese divan-tapping image board
>>
>>18633382
That's true, but it's better than nothing. More like I want advise on how to analyze myself as objectively as possible.
>>
>>18633382
Yeah they never saw the OP irl, but they're not her friends nor they know her. They don't feel an kind of obligation to sugarcoat their opinion for her. Besides, even though a picture would be best, describing yourself isn't bad either (as long as you're honest).

Overall though, I learnt that confidence matters more in the long run and how you carry yourself. You could be the most physically attractive person on the planet but you're socially awkward and are constantly nervous, girls will shy away from you for that. As I grew older and started dating women, I see more and more bald, fat, gross dudes with amazing girlfriends and I start to realise it's not about looks at all. It's more about status and personality.
>>
>>18633373

1. Hazel/Dark Brown works.

2. The reason women are complimenting your hair is because you have bangs. Women like bangs. Men do not like bangs. Bangs are generally unattractive. If you're interested in attracting men, and that interest outweighs your interest in keeping your hair the way you like it, then cut your bangs.

3. Not the shape of the nostril, the shape as you look at it i the mirror. What shape are your nostrils, without flaring them, when you just look at them in the mirror. A more upturned nose would generally be more rounded.
>>
>>18633389
More like: I know posting a thread like this won't help me much but I still crave that sweet validation from online strangers. Next time just go on /soc/
>>
>>18633395
>Men do not like bangs
Is this really a thing? Why? I definitely look better with bangs than without I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>18633398
Why are you so salty? It's not like this is the first time that dudes/girls asked for advice on their appearance here.
>>
>>18633398
But I don't want validation. There's not even real validation to be gotten from a thread like this. I don't care if they say I'm ugly. You can call me ugly if you want.
>>
>>18633103
Post on /soc/ rate thread and see what you get.

You cant ever know for sure how you stand among people, thats what i know.
>>
>>18633400

1. This is a thing. I am sure that some men like bangs. The vast majority do not. They generally look unsophisticated. They are also often used to conceal forehead size, acne, acne scarring, etc.

2. What you and/or other women find attractive is not the same as what men find attractive. Women are generally more accepting bangs, short hair, non-natural hair, etc., whereas men tend to be more accepting excessive height, less athleticism, more ass, etc.

3. Very generally, I think men are more demanding on facial appearance, whereas women are more demanding on body-type.

4. Yes, I know that cut against conventional wisdom. Just what I've noticed.
>>
>>18633412
I have trouble believing it's the vast majority. I'd never heard of something like that before and looking it up seems to get pretty mixed and definitive answers.
>>
>>18633412
>3. Very generally, I think men are more demanding on facial appearance, whereas women are more demanding on body-type.

It's actually the complete opposite though.
>>
>>18633421

1. I've been wrong before. Just reporting what I've seen and heard. I don't really have a problem with bangs personally; I prefer short hair.

>>18633423

2. As noted, that cuts against conventional wisdom. I can only say that my girlfriend and her friends are substantially more judgmental about other women's than my friends and I are. This has born itself out for as long as I've been paying attention.

3. Still just, like, my opinion man.
>>
>>18633450
Well your opinion isn't in line with reality. Dudes with six packs, a career with a very attractive salary and a stable life are infinitely more attractive to women that guys with pretty faces who work in mcdonalds. Guys like to focus more on faces when it comes to picking girls. Only girls who are bothered by body type are black girls, but they usually don't date outside of their circle of black guys.
>>
>>18633462
I think he's referring more to how both sexes judge women than to how women judge men.
>>
>>18633462

1. I'm not sure I understand. It seems you agree with me that women care more about body than face.

2. That's a very limited conception of what women want.

3. My point is that guys generally focus on the face, so, again, I don't really understand where we disagree.

4. I have no idea why the commentary on black women was necessary or relevant.
>>
>>18633466

1. Also this.
>>
>>18633472
Your english is kinda hard to understand, but ok.
>>
>>18633472
Also I disagree, women are materialistic. I don't where you live exactly, but here many dudes in their 40's with a lot of money and status manage to pull over young girls very easily. It's all about confidence and skill, physical attraction isn't really that important.
>>
>>18633103
Maybe you look lez.

>>18633339
>I don't think so. My arms are kind of longer than normal though.
IIRC the ratio between waist size and arm length is a tertiary sexual characteristic, it pokes something in peoples subconsciousness.
>>
Easy. I go to the dump, and take selfies.
Right now, I'm currently rated as being more attractive than a bag full of rotting hot dogs.
Moving up in the world.
>>
>>18633496
Really? What is the ideal waste to arm length ratio?
>>
>>18633103
I think you're thinking about the whole attractiveness thing way more than you should be.

An average looking girl with a great personality should be able to get ppls interest.

Are you sure guys didn't/don't notice you?
>>
As someones who has worked in the club for 3 years, let me tell you this. The vast majority of attractive women never gets hit on. Not one (1) guy approach them. The very interesting part is that the attractive handsome man gets hit on by several women throughout the night. Some of them literally just go and make out with him without any conversation at all. This is in a Scandinavian country. The girls have become more aggressive compared to the men when it comes to flirting and hookup. That sounds womderful, right? Well the only problem is that the handsome man is the only one reaping the benefit and that the vast majority of women, attractive or not, don't get hit on at all.

Feminism is definitly to blame, but I view it more as collateral damage.
>>
>>18633280
This response is quite well thought out and stated.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.