[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rejecting others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1499662807017.jpg (70KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1499662807017.jpg
70KB, 604x603px
I have aspergers, so social interactions are very hard for me.
The other day I had to reject a girl, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I said: "I like you as a person, I just don't find you physically attractive, sorry."
Is that ok? I said that so she wouldn't feel I was rejecting her for being a bad person. Also I don't even think she is ugly, I just don't want to go on dates because going on a date would be very stressful for me.

Was that rejection good? Will she feel good about not being rejected for her personality?
>>
Are you sure its aspergers and you're not just full blown retarded?

I am aspergers too so that's why I'm wondering.
>>
You basically told her "You're 'nice'(dating speak for uninteresting) and ugly"
>>
Don't stress about it. Everyone gets rejected at some point, and we all have to learn to deal with it. Rejection helps people to build a sense of self worth based on something other than what people think of them.

She might handle it well right away, or she might be upset for a while. Either way, it's her (very minor) problem and you shouldn't worry about it. Date someone when you're ready to.
>>
>>18633083
>Was that rejection good? Will she feel good about not being rejected for her personality?

She'll probably develop an body dysphoria complex and question her appearance the rest of her life. I know autistic people and they're not as dumb as you are.

Use a guarded neutral comment instead of a blunt insult you shithead. "I don't think you're my type" or "I'm not interesting in dating anyone" or even the classic "I like our freindship."
>>
>>18633083
Wow, horrible response. At worst the girl feels horrible about it because you used something that generalized, at best it just makes you seem too obsessed with appearances and she'll hopefully dismiss you.

You should have been honest that you're a little too stressed right now to be going on dates. I would respect that, I'm sure most would.
>>
>>18633083
>"I like you as a person, I just don't find you physically attractive, sorry."

Femanon here. I'd legit consider suicide if someone said this to me
>>
>>18633094
Nah dude, I've been rejected before but I knew it wasn't because of my looks. Success came to me when I changed myself.

You can't change the way you physically look. So being rejected on that basis is much more devastating.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.