[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with my wife's psychotic rages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1472737658330.gif (702KB, 193x298px) Image search: [Google]
1472737658330.gif
702KB, 193x298px
She's gotten extremely unhinged lately, punching holes in walls, breaking her stuff, screaming, and punching herself. I love her with all of my heart and we've been in a relationship for 12 years now, but within the last year her psychological state has degraded significantly. Every time anything goes wrong, she becomes completely unhinged, freaking out, screaming, throwing stuff, and having a temper tantrum, then she gets depressed because shes having a temper tantrum and knows she's pushing me away, then cries and isolates herself for hours. She refuses to co-operate with therapists, and its frustrating as all hell. How do I deal with this?
>>
If she's not willing to go to therapy leave her. She's probably got a personality disorder.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (6KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
6KB, 262x192px
>>18632386
You turn to Allah of course
>>
File: 1481152349381.png (260KB, 483x368px) Image search: [Google]
1481152349381.png
260KB, 483x368px
>>18632387
>>18632389
>>
>>18632387
She goes to therapy, she just refuses to co-operate with them. She barely tells them whats going on, then they give her tasks to complete that she won't even lift a finger to complete. The moment I try to convince her to work on the tasks her therapists give her, she starts getting angry, and if I press the issue, she ends up crying and eventually hitting herself.
>>
>>18632386
Thats fucked up m8. Perhaps she is coming down with a mental illness. What would have happened in her life that would make her become so angry. What had changed in the last year? Youve been together with her for a long time so how come you two cant talk about this and especially if she is inflicting harm to herself and things around her.
>>
>>18632404
Its' not that she can't talk to me about it, it's that I can't bring it up without risking her freaking out and attempting suicide.

She lost her job (not a big deal, because it was only a $10/hr job, and I make $30/hr as an industrial mechanic) and spent 6 months without working, and in that time she's become more and more unhinged. I tried to get her working with a buddy of mine whos a manager, but she refused to go to her interview, and when I got mad at her for it, she tried to kill herself.
>>
>>18632386
>refuses to cooperate with the therapists

then she doesn't sound very sorry, now does she? unless she is actually psychotic. in any case, she has to submit to rationality and logic at some point, better sooner than later.
>>
>>18632417
Damn. You're in a tight spot. She has to understand or you have to make it deadly clear that you're there to help her. You know her better than I. What does she think you guys are going to be homeless or something? She is maybe having a midlife crisis. But a suicide attempt is a big red flag. It is impossible to get better if she can't understand how destructive her behaviour is to you and everything around her. Its hard man.
>>
>>18632424
Honestly, I don't get the feeling of her being sorry from her (Despite her apologizing profusely so often). I get the feeling more that she is frustrated with herself.
>>
>>18632386
I cant give you even shit advice, but i have a question.

How she behaved at the start?
How long did it took you to notice she isnt "normal"?
And why have you decided to stay with her despite warning signals and married?

Do you have children? If not, feel free to divorce.
>>
>>18632430
she tried to kill herself?

well, she's not going to be sorry in the same way most people would, because she's lodged deep inside her own head, and it seems like there are some very painful things going on in there. she's going to have to submit to getting help eventually.

psychiatrists and psychotherapists can range anywhere from everyday heroes, to people who don't even deserve $10/hr. make sure you're getting her the best help possible, particularly when she's ready to accept it.

she should go to an intensive outpatient program within the next five days. she absolutely belongs in a program like that. again, some are way better than others. I'm just worried what will happen if nobody intervenes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.